“Great Place To Stay”

Reviewed August 16, 2009

Highly recommended!!!
Outstanding hospitality!!
Very clean!!

I opened the door to the lobby and was greeted by a friendly person. The office was exceptionally clean. The view of the courtyard was over whelming.

From the lobby one can see the courtyard and all the guest rooms.
In the office there is a computer for guest to use.
The breakfast room is very clean.
Spacious pool and hot tub.

The courtyard is very tranquil. Water fountain located in the center with bench seating and accented with complimentary foliage.

This hotel has been recently renovated. Hotel overview and hotel services & amenities are as posted on the hotel site.

If a person wanted a place to go and just get away and relax, this would be the place I’d choose.

The PRIDE in the management of this establishment is very apparent.

The town is pretty quiet even at night. Prices at the local stores, gas stations are reasonable. The old Willits sign lights up at night to accent this quaint little town.

Don’t forget to ride the train and check out the local stores.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
west coast area
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Everything was as great as I'd heard on this web site!!! Only probelm was alittle bit of ants...but the wonderful staff,great bed,and cleanliness of room made up for that!! Would stay there again!!

• Liked — the whole package!
  • Disliked — 0
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Southern CA
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My husband made this reservation for me over the internet as I was driving home from Vancouver, BC. I was skeptical when he said everything else in the area was booked up except for this Super 8 and some hotels that were closer to $300. But after passing at least 12 hotels on Coast Highway 1, I knew he was correct. We were very pleased with the service and the room. The front desk was very friendly and the room quite clean. Breakfast was simple but the two teenagers I was traveling with were content to fill up on cereal, oatmeal and a danish. Be sure to call and let them know if you are going to be late. If they tell you they are full, believe it. If parking is dificult, they will find you aspot. (We checked in after 10pm.) The court yard had a wonderful fountain with a bench swing- didn't try that out or the pool. I would love to spend more time in the area in the future.

• Liked — they were clean and friendly
  • Disliked — 40 minutes from the beach
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Reno
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Considering that the hotel was 6 years old, the cleanliness was fantastic. It was a very pleasant stay. The courtyard with the fountain was very relaxing.

• Liked — Kindness of the staff, cleanliness, beautiful courtyard.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank RenoChris05
redirtgurl
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I agree with the other review that this is not your typical Super 8. The property seems recently updated and the rooms are very nice, especially considering that we paid less than $70 for a king room (the AAA rate on a week night). I am reluctant to stay at Super 8's normally because I've stayed in a couple of bad ones, but we were only going to be there to sleep and didn't really need anything fancy, but didn't want to stay in some of the really cheap hotels in Willits either. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel, which does have a nice courtyard area, and decent sized rooms and comfortable beds. We would definitely stay there again. I should say we didn't even go looking for the breakfast -- wanted to try the breakfast at Ardella's in town, which was GREAT.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redirtgurl
Nevada City
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I've never been crazy about these kind of hotels and this place fortified my opinion. My complaints:

1. The shower has to be the worst shower I have ever had - my friends, who were in another room, and I agreed that maybe they were putting out 1 gallon an hour at best....a horrible dribble.

2. We were given one thin bar of soap for the shower and bathroom.

3. The towels are pathetic

4. The walls are thin and we had to listen to graphic details of a poor fellow who came in at 2 a.m. and must have passed out after a long day at the bars.

5. We had a 2nd story room on the total opposite side of the parking lot so it was a long way to hual our luggage through the rain.

6. Breakfast? It wasn't even worth the effort to dish out what little they offered. And the coffee is pathetic as well.

7. We paid $86 for all of this which I consider no bargain for what it is. I won't go there again.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — read my review
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bdouglas
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We unexpectedly stayed in Willits on our return trip from Oregon. It was a holiday weekend and pickins were slim. We relunctantly reserved a room at the Super 8 because it was one of the few places with 2 rooms.

CHECK-IN: I have to admit, I was a little concerned because when I called on the phone, the clerk (who I believe was one of the owners) treated me like I wasn't going to show up, even though I gave her a credit card to hold my room, with a cancellation fee imposed. However, upon arrival, the same woman was very friendly.

ROOMS: We were given a room with 2 king beds at a rate of $99. We couldn't believe how large the room was. (My parents had a king bed for $89 that was perfect.) It was impeccably clean, with a brand new t.v. The bathroom was a little small, but it didn't matter because the sink and area to put on make-up was located outside the bathroom. They had some pretty nice soap and shampoo for a low-budget motel. The bed was fine...not too hard, but not the most comfortable either. I saw other rooms, including my parents, and they all appeared roomy and well-kept.

FACILITIES: WOW! A budget motel where one could spend the day enjoying the gardent area? Yep. They had a fountain and chairs and a nice lawn area that looks better than my back yard. The pool area was small, but clean. My dad asked if we could stay one more day just to enjoy the gardens.

COMP BREAKFAST: CSAA listed it as an expanded continental breakfast. That was a slight exaggeration. They had a couple of cereals, toast, pasteries and bananas. It was okay. The milk had been left out and was warmer than luke warm. The bananas were green. The machine-dispensed orange juice tasted more like water with a dash of orange.

Based on my knowledge of Super 8 motels, I have to admit that this one is a gem. In fact, I liked it better than some of the Hiltons and higher priced hotels I've stayed in.

• Liked — Cleanliness, size of room, overall facilities
  • Disliked — Not the best continental breakfast, but this isn't really an issue
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank 1happydisneygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
The Old West Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#5 of 15 in Ukiah

Been to Super 8 Willits? Share your experiences!