“Very Pleasant”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Willits
Carson City
“Very Pleasant”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The only suggestion I had is for Super 8 to install grab bars in the shower. The shower/bathtub was very small and having a grab bar to hold on to to get in and out of the shower would be very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
California
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had made reservations for a one night stay beginning last Thursday and I ended up having to stay two more nights. The staff, Heena and Huten Shah, went above and beyond to accomodate us. We had small dogs with us, so they placed us in a very nice room on the ground floor that was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

On Friday morning I got a call letting us know that they wanted to give us another room closer to the outside so it would be easier for us to walk our dogs at night, etc. The room was near the pool, (which has a hot tub and was wonderful,) and this made our trip so much easier. I plan on recommending the Super 8 to many friends who will be coming up to visit.

The breakfast had many choices and the coffee was always fresh and hot; plus, when the food started getting low, it was replenished immediatly. Not the usual muffin and coffee. In spite of the number of people staying while we were there, it was not noisy at all. I am looking forward to my next stay at the Super 8 in Willits!

Room Tip: Let them know ahead of time if you need special accomodations, like if you are traveling with pets...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family spent $3000 to stay here. We had 3 rooms. The rooms were nice. I didn't think the beds were too hard, I don't know where that reviewer got that. The rooms were clean, but the carpet was filthy! Our feet were BLACK after taking showers and walking around barefoot in the room. The management was accommodating, but he didn't like the looks of our young friends and treated them badly. He claims not have picked up our cell phone that he was standing next to. The phone was cheap and replaceable, but we really wanted the pictures that were on it.
I wonder about the review that said the pool was dirty The pool man came every week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was surprised to see how many five star ratings a Super 8 Hotel earned. Because of these ratings we stayed there on a trip to the redwoods. No way is this a five star hotel.

The Good
The hotel has lots of facilities,The pool is located behind the hotel next to a parking lot. We didn't think it was very appealing. The beds were very good. The room was clean. Wi-Fi worked. Breakfast was pretty good, except the room was a mess. We didn't think much of their staff, and they couldn't bother to refill the items are neaten up the room.

The Bad
The staff is absolutely clueless The clerk who checked us in seemed to be a recent arrival from India, and knew nothing about Willits. There was a county fair in the next town, but they didn't know where the fairgrounds were, or where anything else was. I asked the evening clerk where a restaurant was located, and she said she is a vegetarian and nobody there ever eats out so they don't know where any of the restaurants are. To their credit they did have menus for most of the restaurants in the area.The curtains in the room leaked light badly, so the room was bright all night. I hate that because if I wake up in the middle of the night my head thinks it's morning and I'm ready to get up.My wife requested another blanket, and it took five requests before I finally got her one by going to the desk and demanding that the clerk find one for her.

All in all our stay was okay. At the price the hotel is a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
The Old West Inn
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#6 of 15 in Ukiah
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah

Been to Super 8 Willits? Share your experiences!