“Nope...did not find cucumbers during our visit”

Western Village Inn
Western Village Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Willits
Redding, California
“Nope...did not find cucumbers during our visit”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have to agree with the pics taken by SUESF, the room was clean. Service was good. Smells good. No, there is NOT a clock in the room, but that's why I have a cell phone. It's called living in the 21st Century. I think the room is a great room for the price. If I wanted a room at the Hyatt, I would have gotten one. But all I needed was a clean, safe place to sleep with some fast Internet and a place to clean up. With a reasonable price. And I received that.

I'm not taking any pictures to prove anything, just ask to see a room before you decide to stay. Hey, it's YOUR money and THEIR time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DeetheBee503

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Eureka, California
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Beware - this dump is not American-owned. I was fooled by some of the good reviews and booked room for one night. The lobby should've been a big clue - it was dirty. Not just dusty - dirty. The windows in my room were open when I arrived - another clue that I missed until I was settled in. Later that evening I noticed a sewage smell in the bathroom. I finally tracked it down to the sink drain. I ran hot water down the drain to no avail and finally resorted to leaving water standing in the sink all night to prevent the smell from disturbing me. That must be why they leave the windows open - it's easier that cleaning out the sink drain with a little draino. Later that evening I started to sit down at the desk and noticed that the chair was filthy and disgusting. It hadn't been cleaned in some time. Under the desk was a used Q-tip from a previous occupant. At least my sheets were clean. I wouldn't stay here ever again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dub1955
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place was amazing. Nice clean room, awesome bathroom, beds were very comfortable, good tv, and refrigerator. Very clean outside as well. No trash anywhere. Very nice and good price and didn't see any ripe tomatoes.. lol. But I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We enjoyed our stay. Very easy to get my mom in there who is 83 and uses a walker. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Very easy access to rooms, very clean inside and out.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm glad I went to check out the rooms, nice clean room for a reasonable rate. Only thing was some people turned on their trucks early in the morning which was noisy, probably going to work or something, other that I'm extremely happy with the room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SF
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The room is big , the service was excellent . The location is very conscience . I definitely will go back again. I don't think the previous bad review is fair to this business. I would suggest you check their rooms before you take anyone's word, even mine.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank SUESF
Bandon, Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We were late and looking for a room, the price was reasonable for two people, needs a lot of maintenance, new shower head would be nice and a tightening up of pretty much anything with a bolt but looked clean (didn't check for cucumbers though). Room 107

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Generally clean room, at first site. It was late at night, checked in they advertised 1 price then changed it when we checked in. Ok what ever we were hungry and tired.
Heater wasn't working so we called down and they ended up giving me a space heater, again what ever I was tired. Owner plugged in the heater where the microwave was plugged in, so no microwave. I needed to use my phone as a clock because there wasn't one in room. So I needed to plug it in, couldn't find available plug near the bed, so I moved the bedside table out to find out if there was a plug behind it. When I pulled it back on the floor where the table was I saw a tubular shaped item laying there. I wont tell you what I thought it was at first but I pulled the table out more and found 3 more items under there. 4 rotten a moldy cucumbers were placed under the table. I say placed because the table was solid to the floor on the front and both sides. The only way they arrived there was to be placed there. I freaked out grabbed my stuff and snapped a picture to show the front desk.
Here is where it gets really weird. I went to the office and told the owner what I had found and he says "what do you want me to do about it?", what, really? OMG. About that time the wife walks up and looks at the picture and YELLS at me "You need to mind your own business, get out of here, leave." Again what? Really? I watched, and videod, the owner walk down to the room rearrange the nightstand and walk back out the room, not cleaning it up. After a nice fight at midnight I got my money returned to me and ran out of the motel.
By as mad as the wife was with me and by not cleaning it up this all leads me to believe that they knew the vegtables were under that table. Why? To keep ants away, thats all i could find on the internet. OMG it was horrible.

Room Tip: Not room 114
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Michelle D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
The Old West Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 15 in Ukiah
Best Western Orchard Inn

Been to Western Village Inn? Share your experiences!