All reviewsfront deskplace to stayroom facingnice poolflat screenwe've stayed
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

You have to caveot the review based upon the expectation of staying at a motel 6 for 50 dollars. If 100 dollars for a room, then my review would be much lower. The parking is very close to the room - major plus. Easy access from freeway. Not crowded, not loud. Front desk gal was nice. Rooms are small. Also no microwave or fridge......that was a bit surprising. No shampoo but they do have bar soap. It was pretty clean. Towels were rough. Good tv channel assortment including disney channel for kidos. Dog friendly and no pet fee. I would stay here again!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Just a stop on a road trip. front desk was quick and efficient, room was clean and quiet. Was right off the highway, very easy to get to. I don't understand why people complain as this is obviously a place to lay your head, not a resort. Suprising with the location they do actually have a nice pool

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 33amie2016
Reviewed November 7, 2017

We recently ended up here, not by choice but by necessity. My wife and I were heading north from the central coast of Kalifornia and got a later start than we wanted so we were set on stopping around the Fairfield area; north east of the SF Bay. I forgot that it was the same time the Napa fire was going on and almost all the rooms in the area were booked with fire fighters, power company workers, red cross, etc. This was a Monday night. We got back on the road and decided that 2:30 am was good enough so we started looking for a place to stay. Unfortunately we decided on Motel 6 mostly because I didn't want to pay for an expensive place and only get a few hours of sleep before we hit the road again. It wasn't cheap. Motel 6 has been running this campaign for several years about how their places are getting updated. The only thing that was updated here was the picture showing how nice it was supposed to be. My wife can't forget how the sheets on the bed were "crunchy". They actually made noise when you moved. I guess it was your basic Motel 6 but nothing had been updated and we felt a little cheated by the price. First thing in the morning; of course we hadn't gotten to sleep until morning, we were greeted by the sound of somebody beating on the bucket of a backhoe with a sledge hammer. repeatedly. I guess three hours of sleep would suffice; well that's all we were gonna get anyway. Oh yeah, before we crawled between the "crunchy" sheets I asked the guy at the desk if there was a decent place for breakfast. He mumbled something about an "Italian-American" restaurant across the road. I've never heard of an "Italian-American" breakfast restaurant. Granted, Italians have to eat breakfast, too, I assume. Anyway, we got back on the freeway and headed towards Redding.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at in my life.When I went to get ice it smelled like cat pee,then my room was no very clean at all and the sink was all clogged up.The staff and the maids were very rude and when I asked the maids to clean my room they got mad.It definitely was a waste of my money and I don't recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2017

This is a stand Motel 6 built to the old corporate stands of yester-year. It has the stand up shower, etc. The room has been refurbished to the "new rooms" standard with the laminate floors. I've never really warmed up to the "new rooms" style since the spartan room looks even more industrial with the laminate floors. But the motel room was clean.

The bed was a standard Motel 6 bed which means it was not great but it was not as lumpy as Motel 6 beds of a decade ago either.

My only problem was with the grungy toilet. The bowl had plenty of stains and the seat was not anchored to the toilet unit properly so it was angled off to the side. They need to put in a new toilet assembly or extensively rework what was in my room.

Even though I got a room facing away from Interstate 5, there is some road noise. I wore ear plugs which cut that down immensely.

Room Tip: Room Away from I-5
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo