“What a Great Place”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Vancouver
“What a Great Place”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

On our way home from San Diego we were looking for just someplace to stay before hitting the road again the next morning. We took a exit in the middle of nowhere (never heard of Williams) and was very surprised to find such a great place. After check in and receiving a coupon for 10% off dinner at their restaurant as well as a coupon for a free loaf of bread from their bakery we decided to go across the parking lot for a bite to eat at their lounge and was surprised at the size of the place not to mention the size of the portions I'm very glad we split the steak sandwich that was cooked to perfection. The rooms are large and clean (look like new) everyone was friendly they do have breakfast for you in the morning but I liked the restaurant so much we went back for more. I can't say enough good things about this place. If you find yourself in the middle of nowhere California and needing a place to stay this is definitely worth the stop.

Room Tip: It's located about half way between Portland Oregon and San Diego Ca.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ventura, California
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We needed a stop over on a trip from Santa Monica to Seattle. If you turn left at nowhere, you're in Williams. But, the Inn is a very pleasant surprise.

We were greeted promptly and pleasantly. Check in was quick and easy. The property is recently renovated so everything is spotless. The room is bright, airy and clean, clean, clean. The bathroom was literally squeaky clean and well lit. The WiFi is free and fast.

We had a ground floor room across the hall from the breakfast area, yet we were not disturbed by any noise. The continental breakfast was quite adequate. The restaurant / bar is across the parking lot and is reviewed separately.

I highly recommend this motel and would seek it out if making the I-5 run again. You cannot go wrong and the price is more than fair.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Central Valley CA
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Hubby and I had our annual sojourn through Williams, CA heading to Willows, CA for the Lamb Derby parade held every year and we stayed here for the 6th time. We LOVE the Ganzella's Inn and recommend it to anyone who is heading north on I-5 and want a nice clean place to stay. The room is clean and although I had a bit of a hard time at check in, the check in person eventually got us in the correct room. Granzella's recently went through a total renovation and did a wonderful job! The restaurant and lounge are right across the parking lot and the food is really good! The barkeep, Krissie greeted us with a smile, called us "kids" and recommended the Granzella's beer on tap for our thirst quencher.....it was WONDERFUL! The king room suite that we always stay in is big, comfortable, wifi works well and so inexpensive it's crazy!! We have stayed in hotels charging $250.00+ and the room wasn't nearly as nice as this one! Now, the reason I can't give the 5th star is the reception/check in persons....previously when staying here, every time we (or other patrons) would walk in or out of the lobby, we were greeting with a "HI! How was lunch (dinner, breakfast, your day, etc)?" or “Enjoy the day!" Not so this time....this is the first time in our history of staying at Granzella's that we were pretty much ignored (WHEN someone was at the check in counter, which wasn't often). I even made it a point to wave or smile to the reception persons, but received no response. Very disappointing in an economy when customer service is SO important. Will I stay here again? Absolutely! I can overlook rudeness when the rooms are so comfy and the food and the people at the lounge/restaurant are so very nice and friendly. I just wanted to make sure to give a heads up so others wouldn't be taken by surprise at check in. Maybe next year's sojourn will provide a better greeting!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsLive4ever
Deming
Reviewed April 26, 2012

A comfortable and welcoming dog-friendly stopover right in downtown Williams, which is the epitomy of smalltown California. Granzella's Inn goes with the well-known restaurant of the same name next door, renowned in the Sacramento Valley for its reliable reastaurant and deli, which features made-to-order sandwiches and local foods and gifts. The Inn offers spacious and reasonably priced rooms, plus a light continental breakfast with yoghurt, baked goods, toasts, juice and waffle maker. In addition, with the room you get vouchers for a free deli mini sourdough loaf and a discount on food from the restaurant. Best of all, is the genuinely warm welcome from the reception desk. Sheryl is an absolute gem. She seems to recognize all repeat travellers and even remembers the names and quirks of doggie guests. If you want more upscale dining, Louis Cairo's Restaurant, a long-time Valley mecca for Italian food and fine meats is just a couple of blocks away. And Granzella's has the generosity of community spirit to include their menu in their guest room guide, even advertizing a free desert or garlic bread offer at this rival restaurant if you show your room key. Love this place. It's like visiting family and friends.

Room Tip: The suites are only a few dollars more and offer a bigger, brighter room, with mini bar.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,778 helpful votes
Reviewed April 25, 2012

After some business in San Mateo, we needed a place for a quick overnight stop before heading up to our beach cottage in Seaside, Oregon. I checked the TA mobile app and found The Granzella's Inn in Williams. It was around 11:00pm when we arrived and we were given a Junior Suite with a free loaf of sourdough bread (love it!) and a coupon for 10% off of the deli for $89/night.

Our room was very nice with a comfy bed, flat screen TV and nice granite countertops. The bathroom was a bit small but it was not annoying. This property includes breakfast which is served in a nice room adjacent to their small fitness center. The staff was very friendly and there is also a small pool and jacuzzi here which we did not have time to use.

The property is very clean and well-maintained and the lobby is very pretty. The next day we used our coupon at the deli to pick up goodies to take up to Willamette Valley Vineyards for a picnic out on the deck since it was such a beautiful day.

I highly recommend a stop here! Thank you Granzella's for giving us a nice place to rest our heads before heading up the Interstate. :)

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are spacious and nice! They have new shower heads and subway tile in the bathroom...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a month road tripping through California and stopped in to inquire about spending a night here, early on in our travels. We arrived without reservation, after dark and went in to ask about room rates and availability. The Innkeeper retorted in a very condescending tone that the only room she had available was the Presidential Suite, and did not offer to elaborate on the price. When we asked, she again retorted indignantly that it was too expensive for us (we are a couple in our mid-20's). Feeling very insulted, but still wanting to know the price, we asked again. When she told us the price for 1 night, I almost laughed out loud at how cheap it was for a "Presidential Suite".

Part of me wanted to take the room, right there, just to spite the old woman. But instead we bite our tongues, politely said thank you and left. After being treated in such a poor, disrespectful manner, there was no way I was going to give my money to an establishment such as this.

As a University graduate with a business degree in Tourism Management (my girlfriend also has a University degree, a Bachelor of Hotel & Resort Management), we were appalled at the disgusting level of customer service. I have rarely experienced such poor behavior in the tourism industry. And because of her behavior, I would strongly suggest that all travelers avoid this venue in the future! No traveler should ever have to experience that kind of service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith-B-Robinson
Ventura, California
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This hotel was quiet for the most part. Seemed clean. There is only one clerk at front desk so not much going on. The only downfall was the hard water (SO hard you can't get a lather with your soap) and the front desk clerk when we were leaving called our room at 11:09 to ask if we were checking out. I told her we were leaving as we were going out the door when she called and she still reminded me that check out was at 11:00!! I thought that was rude until we walked by and I asked if my AAA disount had been used. She proceeded to be one of the rudest I've ever encountered. If you stay here, you should enjoy it. Nice, family resaurant right in front of motel. Just look out for 'Kelly' if you aren't in the mood for bad manners!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shindig7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Ramada Williams
#1 of 1 in Dunnigan
Traveler's Inn
Traveler's Inn
#1 of 6 in Williams

Been to Granzella's Inn? Share your experiences!