“Great breakfast”

Granzella's Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oregon
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good breakfasts at reasonable price. Interesting memorabilia on the walls and nice deli, and alwthora of various olives.

• Visited January 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“Breakfast, finallly!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We usually leave the Silicon Valley early to try and miss the Bay Area's Monday morning traffic rush (not always successfully). Leaving at 6:30, we used to stop at Bill & Kathy's at the juncture of the 505 and I-5...but, since its closing, we've had to push on to Williams and Granzella's. By the time we get there, their breakfast rush is over and our hunger is reaching a peak.
I must say we do enjoy the place...not only for the much needed coffee and vittles. We usually buy something to give to the neighbor who keeps an eye on our house while we're gone (this time it was a freshly baked Focaccia (should have gotten one for ourselves as well). In warmer seasons, we also get freshly made deli sandwiches to enjoy at one of the rest stops in the Shasta or Siskiyou Pass areas).
This time, however, my wife had the breakfast special (pancakes w/bacon $5.29) and I had the tri-tip skillet w/country fried potatoes ($9.75). I think those prices are very reasonable and the food was certainly fine. By the time we got there, there were only a few diners in the restaurant, so the service was quick and friendly. We've been there before at lunchtime when the place is mobbed.
Our Plan B in case we get caught in heavy rush hour jams is to find a place in Vacaville, since there's literally nothing in between Vacaville and Williams. So far, we've been fortunate and have found Granzella's to be a breakfast life saver.

• Visited December 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Outstanding Pizza!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Check out the deli section, the ice cream counter, all the variety of olives, and all the other fun things in the restaurant. Great stop for sure!

Visited December 2012
Palo Alto, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,137 helpful votes
“It's not Chainfood”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

On a trip up I-5 in California, lunch time approached and we could not bear to think about eating at another chain or fast food restaurant. Fortunatly our GPS came to the rescue and listed Granzells'a at an upcomming exit. As we had never heard of it, the odds were in our favor that it was not chainfood. And, indeed it was not.

This establishment is a bit touristy in nature consisting of a sit down Itialian restaurant, a deli, a large bar/saloon and a local products store.

We ate at the restaurant, after a 20 minute wait (lunch time). The food was average for the price and the service was good. The entree I ordered (Italian Susage as I recall) was good, but different than I expected - which of course is one of the things that makes non chain establishments much more interesting. In this case though I think I would have preferred my dish prepared in a more typical manner. The others in our party ordered different things and had not complaints.

The deli looked quite interesting with a wide variety of things you could order in terms of just meats and cheeses or made to order sandwhiches and some other hot entree items. If we stop here again, I think we'll order at the deli counter instead to save some time since the food looked equally as good as the sit down.

The bar/saloon was pretty good size and well attended, seing as how it was a Sunday at around noon. In fact I was intrigued in the number of people in there given the size of the town and can only surmise, to my dismay, that many of them would soon be out on I-5 driving near me.

The local products shop looked touristy but fine. The main product of the area is olives and they had every concievable form of them for sale. they also had a wall area consisting of a dozen or more olive vesions for free tasting which is a nice touch.

So, all in all, a good choice on I5 north of Sacramento - espeically compared with the normal highway exit chain food fare.

• Visited November 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
“Really good food, great break from fast food in I-5”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife saw the sign on the highway and we were very tired of fast food while traveling. We're very happy we stopped. The food was really good and the portions were huge. The prices are about what we'd pay at home for a decent meal. Waitstaff was friendly and accommodating.

• Visited December 2012