“Our Favorite Stop!”
Review of Traveler's Inn

Traveler's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I found this quaint little Inn a few years ago while traveling to Palm Desert from Oregon. It is a halfway point which is always guaranteed to be clean and comfortable. The owners are very friendly. We actually stay at this inexpensive Inn when we go wine tasting in the Calistoga and Clear Lake Wineries. We recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been staying here since last year on a recommendation from a friend. I have stayed here at least 8 times in the last year when I am in the area duck hunting. Always clean and comfortable at a bargain price. I look forward to a good nights rest every time it stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2013

For a very good budget motel in Williams, it's hard to beat Traveler's Inn. So clean and neat it is second to none in that regard. Rooms are small, but come with a little fridge and microwave, good heater and air conditioner. It's located on a side street a couple blocks from the main street, so it's quiet. A very nice small market is only a block away and the streets appeared safe for walking even at night where public street lighting is minimal. The motel is managed by a very friendly and hard-working staff that immediately responds to requests. Apart from the smallness of the room, the only minus was the very minimal furnishings. We could have used a table and another chair or two (there was only one in the room.)

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here on our way south. We tried this place based on tripadvisor reviews. It was not hard to find but a bit off the main road.

The check in was smooth and the room was really nice. The place has been re-done and it had good quality beds and furnishings and the bathroom was totally new.

The downside was that the room was very small.

The continental breakfast was minimal.

Best thing was the price - VERY reasonable.

One afterthought - be careful travelling here at Thanksgiving - virtually nothing open in the town.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

With a fridge, microwave, and a little breakfast in the morning, it has all the conveniences the kids & I needed. The staff was nice and accomodating. Plus, it is on the edge of town which makes it nice to go for a little morning jog out in the farmland. Will definately stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stopped here for one night, as I drove from Eugene, OR to San Francisco. It's in a little town along I-5. First, the price was amazing! Only $49 (in November). If you're looking for spacious luxury, this isn't the place, but if you want convenience, cleanliness, and friendly staff...stay here! Being a motel, you enter the rooms directly from the outside...which made it feel more like a little apartment than a motel.

The desk clerk, Manny, actually walked me to my room, plugged in the fridge, and asked if he could get me anything else. He was cool with me putting my bicycle in my room (I made sure to put a tarp down, since the room was just renovated). I skipped the breakfast, since it was basically pastries, and I ate dinner at the local hangout: Granzella's (also good).

The bathroom was recently re-done, and very nice with new tile and new fixtures. The carpets were new and the bed was quite comfy. The hotel is on one of the streets in town where trucks seem to pass by, but it's not too terribly noisy, especially after 10 or so. I would definitely stay here again, if I should find myself making the long trek, again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the back, not along the front of the hotel near the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am always a little leery when bargain shopping for hotels online. We wanted to make it above Sacramento for our trip to Medford. Williams for the spot to head for. I looked on Trip Advisor for recommendations and found the Travelers Inn which was right in the middle of the ratings-it also was pet friendly and since our miniature Aussie was coming-we needed that. Because of one of the reviews, I asked for a corner room and it was pet friendly and it was ours. This was an old motor touring hotel at one time but it is completely refurbished. Completely updated modern bathroom, new paint, furniture, carpet and the bed was comfortable. The room is small, but we were only spending the night. I am writing this at a marble topped table before we head to Medford. They have a lovely pool, workout room and laundry facilities. I would definitely stay here again. BTW Lizzy was 15.00 extra but she loved it too. Because they double sheeted the blanket, we let her sleep on the bed and all 3 of us slept perfectly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elaines2cents
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Stage Stop Inn
#1 of 2 in Colusa
Granzella's Inn
Granzella's Inn
#3 of 6 in Williams

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!