“Great value. Run by family with love and care”
Review of Traveler's Inn

Traveler's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
“Great value. Run by family with love and care”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Family run with great pride. Checked in late and they were kind enough to walk me to my room and show me a trick to keep Mosquitos from sneaking in. Place is brand new and clean. Extremely great value for the room and service.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Everything was a pleasant discovery --from the amenable desk clerk who welcomed us hospitably even after a late 1:00am arrival to the koi fishpond by the front office only noticed as we made our departure the next morning. I had forgotten the happy convenience of a small motel which allows one to park in front of one's door. No schlepping bags down long hallways. Our room was upgraded due to a Sunday evening low volume at no extra cost. This motel is truly comfortable and convenient for the I-5 road weary traveler and a real plus for the town of Williams, CA. The owners' obviously have great pride of place and are working hard . Definitely worth the stop.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Very small room was fine with me....fewer steps to the bathroom in the middle of the not. Speaking of which, management supplies a night light along with the usual amenities of coffee maker, hair dryer, flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. They even have a small fitness room with a Stair Master, recumbent bike, and a tread mill all facing a TV. All this and a little Continental breakfast for $44/night. I had called ahead asking them to air out my room in advance of my checking in to make sure I wouldn't have to smell any perfumed cleaning products. They even let me check in early. Very nice people. Quiet and safe location.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here in the past year. It's a very well kept motel with very nice management. Since our last visit they have added a nice sized fitness center with a treadmill, recumbent bike, elliptical and water dispenser. They have also added touch locks on all rooms; just touch the cad to the device and the door opens. The rooms are small but very well kept and comfortable. Louis Cairos is a great restaurant just down the street. We will be back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this motel during our road trip along the west coast on I-5. After 14 hours of driving in the sun and heat, we decided to find a place to rest. I started looking on Trip Advisor for a nice budget hotel/motel along the way on I-5 and found many good reviews on this motel. I was skeptical, but as other places (Motel 6, Super 8, Quality Inn) are more pricey and do not have similar (good) reviews, we decided to give this place a try. It was a good decision, and we were nicely surprised with the quality of service and the cleanliness of the property.

The manager of the property was very helpful and friendly. She gave us a tour of the room and showed us how everything works, and told us how to enter the room without having any mosquito into the room - get into the room gently, do not turn on the light until the door is closed - it's a good tip! She did ask a couple of times to ensure that we didn't have a pet and we don't smoke, and we also had to sign an agreement about not smoking in the room or get charged $200 extra. It shows that the owners care about the property and want to keep it in great condition.

The entire property is clean and well maintained. The room is small but is VERY clean and shows that it's recently renovated. The bed is very comfortable, and the linen is soft and of nice quality. The shower has good pressure and has plenty of hot water. It's really a nice surprise to see this kind of quality in a motel room and for the price we paid ($60 for 2 queen beds). The property is farther away from I-5 compare to the other motels, but it also means that the area is a lot quieter.

The day we stayed at the motel happened to be a day of some sort of festival or celebration, so there were fireworks and loud music in town. People were out partying till late, and as a result, we were woken up by noises at 1am as people came back to their rooms. It's not easy to find hotel/motel rooms with perfect sound proof, so this is definitely not a ding on this inn. I just want to bring it up as you can actually hear conversations or "activity" in the neighboring room...

The price includes continental breakfast of mini muffins/Danishes and a couple of cereals, but I can't comment about it as I didn't take any.

I highly recommend this property for anyone who plans on staying the night in the area of Williams. Be sure to mention the coupon to get $5 off (good till the end of 2013).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here on May 30, 2013. This is a small, family owned, roadside motel in Williams CA about an hour north of Sacramento on Interstate 5. I was looking for just a clean, quiet, affordable place to shower and get some sleep on my trip.

This motel is just terrific and I recommend it everyone. The room is absolutely spotless, nicely
decorated, has a nice fridge and microwave, free WiFi, parking right at the door, and the best bed I've seen in a hotel at any price. Mattress is just superb which is great for all us folks with aching backs from driving all day. Nice flat screen TV, full cable package and HBO. The sign says the motel was just renovated and it certainly looks like new. The great room with 2 big queen beds was just $45 for the night. The grounds are clean and it was very quiet all night. Grocery store just down the street for supplies and a number of good restaurants within 2 blocks.

I agree with the other positive reviewers. This is a little roadside place you might normally drive by but it is absolutely a great place, very clean, with nice folks who own the place who seem very accommodating. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend it to all travelers on a budget who still want a clean, comfy place to sleep. I've never been in a nicer hotel at this price and many others that were twice as much weren't half as comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank D0nna313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Ramada Williams
#1 of 2 in Colusa
Granzella's Inn
Granzella's Inn
#3 of 6 in Williams

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!