“A pleasant surprise for a great price”
Review of Traveler's Inn

Traveler's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Seattle
“A pleasant surprise for a great price”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this motel during our road trip along the west coast on I-5. After 14 hours of driving in the sun and heat, we decided to find a place to rest. I started looking on Trip Advisor for a nice budget hotel/motel along the way on I-5 and found many good reviews on this motel. I was skeptical, but as other places (Motel 6, Super 8, Quality Inn) are more pricey and do not have similar (good) reviews, we decided to give this place a try. It was a good decision, and we were nicely surprised with the quality of service and the cleanliness of the property.

The manager of the property was very helpful and friendly. She gave us a tour of the room and showed us how everything works, and told us how to enter the room without having any mosquito into the room - get into the room gently, do not turn on the light until the door is closed - it's a good tip! She did ask a couple of times to ensure that we didn't have a pet and we don't smoke, and we also had to sign an agreement about not smoking in the room or get charged $200 extra. It shows that the owners care about the property and want to keep it in great condition.

The entire property is clean and well maintained. The room is small but is VERY clean and shows that it's recently renovated. The bed is very comfortable, and the linen is soft and of nice quality. The shower has good pressure and has plenty of hot water. It's really a nice surprise to see this kind of quality in a motel room and for the price we paid ($60 for 2 queen beds). The property is farther away from I-5 compare to the other motels, but it also means that the area is a lot quieter.

The day we stayed at the motel happened to be a day of some sort of festival or celebration, so there were fireworks and loud music in town. People were out partying till late, and as a result, we were woken up by noises at 1am as people came back to their rooms. It's not easy to find hotel/motel rooms with perfect sound proof, so this is definitely not a ding on this inn. I just want to bring it up as you can actually hear conversations or "activity" in the neighboring room...

The price includes continental breakfast of mini muffins/Danishes and a couple of cereals, but I can't comment about it as I didn't take any.

I highly recommend this property for anyone who plans on staying the night in the area of Williams. Be sure to mention the coupon to get $5 off (good till the end of 2013).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Monterey, California
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here on May 30, 2013. This is a small, family owned, roadside motel in Williams CA about an hour north of Sacramento on Interstate 5. I was looking for just a clean, quiet, affordable place to shower and get some sleep on my trip.

This motel is just terrific and I recommend it everyone. The room is absolutely spotless, nicely
decorated, has a nice fridge and microwave, free WiFi, parking right at the door, and the best bed I've seen in a hotel at any price. Mattress is just superb which is great for all us folks with aching backs from driving all day. Nice flat screen TV, full cable package and HBO. The sign says the motel was just renovated and it certainly looks like new. The great room with 2 big queen beds was just $45 for the night. The grounds are clean and it was very quiet all night. Grocery store just down the street for supplies and a number of good restaurants within 2 blocks.

I agree with the other positive reviewers. This is a little roadside place you might normally drive by but it is absolutely a great place, very clean, with nice folks who own the place who seem very accommodating. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend it to all travelers on a budget who still want a clean, comfy place to sleep. I've never been in a nicer hotel at this price and many others that were twice as much weren't half as comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank D0nna313
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The room was small but cozy and extremely clean. We were unsure of the area at first but then we saw how clean the room looked and it smelled so fresh. The owners are good honest people. We will stay here again next time we travel through the area. Great service and cleanliness for a low price.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

First I want to say, don't let the surrounding neighborhood worry you. The owner has installed exterior cameras for the safety of his guests and their vehicles. The entire motel was renovated with all the little extra added touches. The beds, sheets and pillows felt high end. I didn't want to leave before check out because I enjoyed the comfort after a long cross country trip. The rooms have microwaves and fridges but needed a small table beside them. Luckily we travel with a small portable folding table for just such needs. The continental breakfast was unappealing to me but we stepped in and had
breakfast at McD's. For 60.00 we really felt that we got our monies worth and then some. We arrived after dark and the owner was Johnny on the Spot to help us choose a room and allowed us to park our truck and trailer right next to the office. All rooms are non smoking and I had to step out about 20' for a cigarette in the late night hours. I didn't see any hoodlums out and about. Barely even any cars. Several times the police drive by to keep an extra eye out. I would definitely stay here again if I find myself needing to stop for the night in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had gotten into Sacramento on a late flight from NYC. I was driving my rental car to Redding, but dropped by this place to stay overnight. After reading the reviews and seeing the price, I thought it'd be a good deal. But seriously... this place is REALLY great for the price. I felt so comfortable and I had such a good night's rest. The room was small and cozy. The area was really quiet too. The guy at the front desk office was so nice, even when I had gotten there close to 2am. I had such a good stay that I dropped by again on my way back to Sacramento airport. This place is CLEAN and COZY. You can't get a legit place like this with such a great price! I'm definitely stopping by here again for my next trip this summer :D

Room Tip: Call in advance. They give you good deals on the phone too~ :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
California
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Older facility, but everything in the room was new with the exception of the front door, everything, furniture, lamps, bathroom, everything. Outstanding service from the night clerk, asking if I needed WIFI instead of waiting for a call for the password. Room is a bit small, but has the standards of refrigerator, microwave, blow dryer and coffeemaker. The electrical outlet was even new, unlike so many that have the laptop charger plug falling out. They had 4 pillows on the bed, real ones, not the size of airplane pillows. The list goes on, while a smallish modest room, they do everything right. I saw the rave reviews and thought yeah, sure. But they're accurate. It's not a new 5 star hotel but rather an older motel, but I can't imagine how they could have done better, everything inside is perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Northern California
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm from the area and sheldom use a hotel but this trip my family home was filled with relatives and it was just easier for me to get a room than sleep on the couch. More comfy too. I orginally had planned to stay at Motel 6 or Quality Inn but when checking TripAdvisor, saw this hotel. I knew the area and was very wary. It's not known for being a great area of town but its a town of 3,ooo so really not bad.

Anyway, drove by and took a look and decided to take a chance. Was so surprised, less than Motel 6. VERY, VERY clean. Room very nice and pretty good size. I just needed one bed but they didn't have a one bed room so he gave me a two bed for one bed price. Good tv, microwave, refridge. Bathroom tiny but very serviceable.

Basic continental breakfast or you can go down the street to any one of a bunch of fast food or cafe's for a quick bite.

As a note, the other hotels in town suffer from being on I-5 so the noise is always there. This one had no noise. Also, during hunting season, the other hotels usually have hunters and their dogs who leave at the butt crack of morning and wake up everyone.

Beware, this is mesquito county. Full of rice fields and wildlife areas. The offical bird of Colusa is the mesquito and the saying is that there is no breeze in Colusa county, just the flapping of mesquito wings. If you are there in the spring/summer, bring bug spray and don't leave your door open unless you want to fight bugs all night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Ramada Williams
#1 of 2 in Colusa
Granzella's Inn
Granzella's Inn
#3 of 6 in Williams

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!