“does have pet-friendly rooms for an extra charge”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Traveler's Inn

Traveler's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“does have pet-friendly rooms for an extra charge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Travelling with a well-behaved but stressed-out cat, we were happy to pay the extra $15 to stay in a pet-friendly room. Perhaps the owners are a bit suspicious about guests trying to import pets under the radar.
This small '40's-style motel has tiny rooms upgraded with new bedding, but don't expect a modern tub-shower in the tiny bath. Central heating is fierce and uncontrollable. You could run the room air conditioner to counteract the heat, I suppose. Minimal complimentary breakfast was a strictly stand-up affair in a corner of their tiny office. I appreciate the cleanliness and attention to detail. These owners have done the best they could to upgrade a very old facility, and they deserve to have guests who appreciate their charmingly quaint motel. Check out their discount coupons for their best rates.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with pets, get a pet-friendly room. Your pet will enjoy sniffing around for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Canandaigua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

For $55 a night, this is the best deal around. The outside is nicely landscaped, there's a pool and coi pond with fountain and flowers planted along the edges of the site. When we hesitated on one bed or two, the manager showed us three room choices. The rooms were nicely decorated, nothing fancy but a big step up from 90% of other motels we've stayed at. The bathrooms were nice, very clean. You can tell the owners take pride in the details. Oh, you can walk to restaurants if you're interested in a stroll. We would definitely stay here again. There's a reason this place is #1 in the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I booked a single queen bed for my 6 yo son and I. We arrived around 9:30 pm and the man at the check-in desk offered me a double queen room as it was in the courtyard, as opposed to the backing street. I appreciated his thoughtfulness as it was just the two of us and I could be more under the watchful eye of front desk while I was bringing in my sleeping son and our things. It was also nice to be able to make the quick walk across the parking lot for the included continental breakfast.

Overall the room was pretty comfortable. In our room there was a little powder seat next to the bathroom (mirrored and too small to be a true desk), a nightstand, a fridge, and a microwave. There was also a closet and a small bathroom with a shower, toilet, and small sink. The room was heated, though it's not controllable in room other than opening or closing a vent. I wished I had thought to close it when it became too hot; I cracked the window some while I was on my computer (free wifi!) and then turned the A/C on a bit when I went to sleep. It sounded like other rooms where also on the hot side as I heard an A/C on when my window was opened. This isn't a luxury hotel, so I wasn't expecting a duvet, but I do like a little bit more weight on me than a thin blanket (they use a velour blanket wrapped by a sheet) but as it was a bit hot in the room, I wasn't cold.

We visited in March so we didn't have need of the pool, but I was really surprised to see one at this price of motel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is an old fashion "motel" which is off the freeway a bit in town (1 mile or less)- so you need to download the address to find it. It is quiet and neat as a pin. The rooms have been remodeled tastefully. Beds were firm but comfortable. Refrigerator in room.There is a nice pool if you need to cool off on a hot day. Simple coffee and store bought danish in the morning.

The only problem I had was understanding the front desk person on the phone because of her accent but I worked through it OK. She mistakenly told me that I could see the motel from the freeway when I asked - I expect a communication error.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tollhouse, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I needed a cheap place to stay on a business trip in Williams. I thought for what i could afford that night, I would have to be sleeping with coackroaches. Did a quick online seach and found Trevelers Inn for an amazing price ($46). The reviews were good, so I gave it a shot. Despite my reservations, when I got there the place had a quaint cottage feel and look. The night staff were very kind and helpful. She even walked me to my room and showed me the interior, how to work the heat, room amenities, etc... Although the room was very small, it was really nicely decorated and the use of the small space was well utilized. I really enjoyed my night here and will definitely stay there again. This was by far and away the best room I have ever stayed in for the price. Nice job travelers inn!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

It is rare to see crown molding in a hotel room. This room had nice details never seen in an inexpensive room. High quality curtains with matching chairs. The room is of adequate size and very clean. Nearby small supermarket and overpriced "Granzellas" (we used to always dine at Granzellas befor they upgraded). Staff is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ashland OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This small motel has been artfully and beautifully renovated and decorated with taste. Its on the west side of I_5 in the very funky old town section and the rooms are a delightful surprise as well as incredibly affordable . The pool is small kidney shaped and best for kids play rather than
serious swimming. The young go-getter of an owner is very personable and was engaged in building an exercise room and guest laundry facility. Parking is a bit tight. This part of town has two really good restaurants. Across the highway are the usual fast food places. . Continental breakfast at the motel is quite limited, as you can expect for the price, but at least you can get a muffin or cereal. I drove down from the north to catch a morning flight out of SAC airport which is 45 miles down the road and that worked out perfectly and I did not have to pay the exorbitant price for a hotel room closer to the airport. Many thanks to the trip advisors who recommended this or I would never have found it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank retiredgourmet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Ramada Williams
#1 of 2 in Colusa
Granzella's Inn
Granzella's Inn
#3 of 6 in Williams

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!