“Quaint Comfort”
Review of Traveler's Inn

Traveler's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at this cute cozy motel. It was very clean and the bed was more comfortable than the bed we slept in before hand at the Hampton Inn. To tell you the truth, I really didn't expect much and was quite pleased. The breakfast entailed danishes, and cereal that was not stale. The orange juice tasted a little weird and the coffee tasted like a wet paper bag. The room was small but it looked like they tried to make the most of the space. The woman at check in was very soft spoken and a little hard to hear but very polite. It looked like there was playground by the pool and a basketball hoop. But our kids didn't have time to check it out. For what we paid for 2 double beds, a clean room and good restful sleep, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Traveler's Inn

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The other reviews already indicate that with which I agree. However this will serve to bring the date of the latest review forward. The materials, workmanship and decorating employed in the fairly recent remodeling are, perhaps, of a quality and expense that would be demanded by Holiday Inn Express. This helps earn this motel the ratings that I gets. Nevertheless, it is no Holiday Inn Express and in general, will not attract Holiday Inn Express customers and exact Holiday Inn Express prices. Consequently, there likely is an undercurrent of whatever it is that caused one reviewer to comment about their experience upon check-in where it is stated "treated poorly upon arrival". I was not treated poorly upon arrival but in reading that particular review, I can reflect that I can see where it came from. Upon entering the office door, I was first asked something like, "you don't have a pet, do you"? Actually, I did not even understand the question at first and had to ask that it be repeated - - - partly because it was so astonishing. I had prepaid. I was all by myself. There is/was an undercurrent of "guilty until proven innocent of intending to smoke in our rooms and trash the place". I'll bet that many others have sensed that, too. So I am taking the time to write all of this here in the interest not of discouraging travelers to stay at Travelers Inn in Williams, California but rather to give incentive to the owners and or managers to 'lighten up' and be as accommodating in cordiality to your customers as you are you are in the form of your facilities which are the reason for your great reviews. I will come again.

Room Tip: My room is 126. I am writing this from the room during a three night stay.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The room was very small, but immaculate, with a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. As a result of the small size of the room, the temperature controls were very precise. It was recently renovated, and everything was clean and new. The price was an amazing value - less than $50 for 2 people, 1 bed.

Sadly, the person at the front desk did not realize he was in the hospitality business. The motel charges extra for pets, and we have two large dogs. But because we were just stopping over for a short night, and it wasn't very cold, the dogs would be perfectly happy to remain in the car with a blanket on the back seat.

However, the front desk is right off the driveway, and when we pulled up, the night clerk asked why we didn't let the hotel know we were traveling with dogs. He said he would check to see if there was a dog-friendly room. There wasn't. He spoke so fast that I didn't have time to tell him I was not interested in paying more. It was after midnight, and we would be leaving by 6 am. Then he said, "I don't have a dog-friendly room. If you take the dogs inside, I will have to charge you $150."

I know there are dishonest people in this world, but to assume we would not follow the motel's policy was rude. He might as well have told me not to take the blankets, or he would add the cost onto my bill. Because we had been on the road a few hours, we immediately walked the dogs. I saw the night clerk watching us to see if we took the dogs into the room. We did not. That was creepy.

I doubt we will ever have the need to stay in Wiliams gain. I guess I would stay there because of the value. But I won't forget the creep at the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha_Marie
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Traveling from Portland to LA, stayed @ Travelers because of price and good reviews,and its true - great quality for least price - clean, more than adequate room amenities, and great staff. Also walking distance from Mcdonald's, Burger King and really good Chinese restaurant. Will stay again if traveling by this area.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 177alex2000
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We thought the Traveler's Inn was a great value. The rooms are small, but nicely upgraded and very clean. The hotel is just a couple of blocks off the Interstate 5. We were able to walk to one of the local restaurants for dinner. We got a good night's sleep, enjoyed a quick bite to eat at their simple continental breakfast counter, and were back on the road!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sam_n_fam
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were impressed with this inn. Fantastic to have found a clean, comfortable, well-appointed place to revive after long day on road! Staff even escorted us to our room. Well-furnished room with beautifully tiled shower (clean). Location was in a quiet area. Continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry F
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My room was small but very nice, very clean and pretty. The whole motel was pretty, lots of real tile, flowers, nice colors. Fridge, microwave, big t.v., friendly and helpful staff. And an excellent price with the coupon I got from the California Visitor Center. I highly recommend the motel.

Room Tip: noisy traffic on the street until evening and then in the morning but the night time was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank heldav55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Stage Stop Inn
#1 of 2 in Colusa
Granzella's Inn
Granzella's Inn
#3 of 6 in Williams

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!