“Best little motor hotel I've found in years!`”
Review of Traveler's Inn

Traveler's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
San Francisco, California
“Best little motor hotel I've found in years!`”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was driving through northern California and decided to stop for the night in Williams, CA. My online service locator took me to TripAdvisor and this Traveler's Inn came up with glowing recommendations, and I stopped there and got a room. The motel is neat and clean, the people are friendly and considerate and the services are spot-on. They even had a help line for me to call when I couldn't connect with the wireless service right away. With just a little help I was able to connect and I had not other problems. I'll go out of my way to stop there again any time I'm up that way.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ShirleyB77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stopped by here as an overnight rest, found it researching for places to stay. I booked directly through their website - a little different. You submit the information and will email you about a day later if accepted or not. The price was a big draw.

Access from freeway - a few blocks from the freeway but easy on and off. Food and gas nearby. We found it easy to find.

Parking lot and property - small and quaint, well kept, clean and quiet.

Check In staff - friendly and efficient. Answered all questions and provided answers to our questions.

The room - was clean and updated. NO IN ROOM COFFEE - which was a big minus for us. the room was small but adequate. bathroom was small, my complaint about the room was that 3 out of 4 of us were not tall enough to see ourselves in the bathroom mirror. Luckily there was another mirror available in the room. Beds were comfortable, thankful for fridge and microwave.

Breakfast - coffee, juice, pastries, cereal, fruit. That's all folks. Short hours for breakfast and no room to turn around in their office/breakfast area.

Pool looked well kept but we did not use. This will be a repeat place for us, unfortunately, we were not able to on the way back because they were all booked up.

Room Tip: all rooms are ground level.
3 Thank MsCurlyboop
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I needed an overnight stop on a long I-5 trip, and I found this one on tripadvisor. Tucked in a quiet residential area away from I-5 and several blocks off Williams' main street, this little motel was super-clean inside and out. The host was welcoming and walked me out to my room to show it to me and to turn on the A/C for me. Don't know if all the rooms were this nice, but recently remodeled - custom tiled bath, super-comfy bed with nice linens, nice TV, free wireless. Fridge and microwave in room but no coffee maker - VERY basic continental breakfast in office at 6 am. Small nice outdoor pool. Super quiet. Senior rate was only $35!

Room Tip: For total quiet, get room away from street. Although it's quiet at night, there's some traff...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Alpharetta
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here on the way to and from Marble Mountain Ranch (via San Francisco). Low price but clean and comfortable. Limited continental breakfast but it was fine for my family. Thanks to the previous reviewers for highlighting this gem!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here on a hot night after driving Interstate 5 from Shasta to the Bay Area. The guy who checked us in was friendly and helpful. When I signed the affidavit that I would not smoke in the non-smoking room, he said, did you read it...there is a $200 fee to clean if you smoke, if you smoke anything, in the room. I thought he was nice yet forceful. You could tell he was proud of his establishment. Room was clean, cool and comfortable.

Central Coast, CA
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We wanted to find a place to stay along I-5 on our way to Oregon to visit family and chose the Traveler's Inn based on the value and TripAdvisor reviews. It is a great little place! It isn't much to look at from the outside, but our room was terrific! It was nicely appointed and had a fridge and a microwave. And it was CLEAN. It appears to be owned by a family. The son checked us in, and his mother took us to our room and showed us where to park. They were very courteous, helpful and seem quite proud of their property. They should be! We go to Oregon at least once a year to visit family, and the Traveler's Inn is going to be our regular stopover from now on.

Sequim, Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2011

After a long day of driving we ended up in Williams with limited lodging choices. We chose Traveler's Inn and were very pleasantly surprised. The young man at the desk was a pro at hospitality. We stayed in a king bed room that was recently re-done...very fresh & clean, quiet & comfortable...and all for $55, including taxes. Great value!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Ramada Williams
#1 of 2 in Colusa
Granzella's Inn
Granzella's Inn
#3 of 6 in Williams

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!