“Good hotel for good price”

DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the weekend of the Fourth of July, and I was very happy with my stay. The rooms were clean and the rest of the hotel was well kept. The front desk staff were very kind and helpful and were attentive to any requests I had. The sleep number bed was a pretty cool feature that I enjoyed tinkering with.

Some of the issues that I had were the door to my room wasn't closing properly and our room was left unlocked for a short period of time. I mentioned it to the front desk and they had someone fixing the issue within 10minutes. Also I noticed there were no trash cans outside nor in the lobby, it would have been nice to be able to have somewhere to throw trash out.

Overall I was very satisfied with my stay and the location was close to highway and many food and shopping places within walking distance. Our family had 7 rooms and everyone seemed happy about the hotel. Will definetly stay here next time I am in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bigsam83
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived at 12 am after a 4 hrs drive from Las Vegas...Our reservation clearly said for 3 people but as the hotel was fully booked we received a one bedroom with no extra bed no nothing as the hotel had no more extra beds. My boyfriend had to sleep in the floor and my dad in the other half of the bed which was actually broken. Isn't your business to accommodate people even when fully booked? For the first night 3 people were suppose to sleep in the same bed!! I believe that's just unacceptable. Your receptionists should give solutions not just problems! The Chinese receptionist who we talked with that night was so impolite and didn't act or looked professional at all.
We travel a lot and we never had such an experience we are never coming here again.
Yes.. we received free breakfast once but really that didn't change anything. We asked for late check out and once again was not possible.
Anyway we do not recommend this hotel!! Seems like they can not handle the business when fully booked and have 0 solutions to guests problems.

• Stayed: July 2014
RadissonWhittier, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not so pleasant this past time at the Radisson Hotel Whittier! We do value the comments and feedback of all of our guests to insure we can make the hotel the best place to stay. We take pride in our hotel, customer service, and attention to details to ensure our guest has the best experience here. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We hope you give us another opportunity to do so during your next visit.

Frank Macias
Director of Sales & Marketing
Radisson Hotel, Uptown Whittier
7320 Greenleaf Avenue
Whittier, CA 90602
(562) 945-8529

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Before I tell my story. I want to say that the location of this hotel is really bad. I found this place by narrowing my result to Los Angeles but it turned out to be very far and inconvenient. I wish I didn't choose this hotel.

Here's my story.

I accidentally left a gift from my brother at the hotel after checkout. It was an Oral-B electronic toothbrush. I called the hotel within a few hours but they refuse to check the room. They told me to call them back tomorrow. I called them four times in a row in the next few days. They didn't even ask me which room I stayed. They're very unwilling to help.

- The second reply I received was "Nobody has turned it in. Call in the morning around 10am when our housekeeping people are here."
- The third time I was transferred to a voice mailbox of the lost and found office. I left a message but nobody called me back.
- The fourth time I spoke to a housekeeping person. That was too late and she told me nobody has seen it.

I also emailed the customer service of Radisson. A representative told me he will forward the message to the hotel and someone will respond to me in a timely manner. But after a week I heard nothing from anybody. I do not think I can get my stuff but I do think their customer service is terrible. I had a similar incident at another hotel. They called right back and mailed my stuff to me in a week. The comparison just made me so upset.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank dippler
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. Let us know if you have still not received a response to your Customer Service email.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel is pretty dated and the service was just fair. The location was perfect for uptown Whittier though. The rooms were clean and quiet and there is a great Mexican restaurant across the street..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed here while visiting my family, and the price performance of the hotel is quite fair. The bed is clean and comfortable, location is very good, and service is fine. There is no safe box or mini bar in the rooms, but we can live without them.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CarlosMeloBrasil
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice place to stay. I love the walkable downtown with great food and a nice little theater. Room was comfy. Onsite restaurant fairly good.

I will say there were a few issues. The door had trouble with my key card. The bathroom had an issue with ants running around. And I would have liked a fridge.

Not their fault but there was a very loud party there one night that ran in the room above me from 12am to 4am. Not good when you need to get up early for travel.

Overall a decent place with great location and good staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked a room for my brother and me for 2 nights and requested a double, we got a king with a saggy roll away bed for the 1st night(they said all the doubles were filled) and when I spoke with the front desk in the AM, explaining that we needed a double because I was traveling with my brother and that the roll away bed was saggy and uncomfortable, the staff at the front desk was very apologetic, friendly and did their best to find us another room with double beds which really made our stay much better, as we were in Whittier for a family event the local of the hotel was perfect. I will stay here again when I visit.

Room Tip: request rooms away from the bar/disco below for more quite-thought if you like salsa its the place t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
Vagabond Inn - Whittier
Lambert Inn
#5 of 11 in Whittier
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles? Share your experiences!