“Good downtown location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice place to stay. I love the walkable downtown with great food and a nice little theater. Room was comfy. Onsite restaurant fairly good.

I will say there were a few issues. The door had trouble with my key card. The bathroom had an issue with ants running around. And I would have liked a fridge.

Not their fault but there was a very loud party there one night that ran in the room above me from 12am to 4am. Not good when you need to get up early for travel.

Overall a decent place with great location and good staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked a room for my brother and me for 2 nights and requested a double, we got a king with a saggy roll away bed for the 1st night(they said all the doubles were filled) and when I spoke with the front desk in the AM, explaining that we needed a double because I was traveling with my brother and that the roll away bed was saggy and uncomfortable, the staff at the front desk was very apologetic, friendly and did their best to find us another room with double beds which really made our stay much better, as we were in Whittier for a family event the local of the hotel was perfect. I will stay here again when I visit.

Room Tip: request rooms away from the bar/disco below for more quite-thought if you like salsa its the place t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

It happened a while ago as I wasn't aware of tripadvisor back then. We left a camera in the hotel room in the morning and it was gone when we came back to the hotel at night. Might not be the hotel's problem but just that helper. Just be careful when you stay at this hotel.
The rooms are clean and comfy overall.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Joyceqbo
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service, and we are disappointed to hear you weren't satisfied with the level of service provided by our staff member. We want to assure you that we take the steps necessary to keep the belongings of our guests secure. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a family event. The location was convenient. It was close to our family but also close to lots of restaurants and shops. the rooms and public spaces were clean. we ate at the restaurant for breakfast and it was good. The walls are thin and you can hear activity going on in the hallways. overall a good location and experience and I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OmahaNETraveller
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this Radisson before and I am pleased every time. The rooms have been renovated and are always clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helful accommodating. Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Not terrible as far as a place to sleep, but you can do better. There was no hot water, the staff were not courteous, and the place was looking worse for the wear. Otherwise it was fine. The rooms were clean, and the beds reasonably comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hillelsf
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We enjoyed our time at this Radisson. The room was nice and the staff was very professional and helpful. However, the highlight of our stay was the DELICIOUS Reuben we ordered from room service!!!

The hotel is located on a vibrant strip, full of wonderful shops and restaurants to explore and even a quaint little movie theater. We enjoyed exploring and tasting many of the local offerings!!!

We will visit this Radisson AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
Vagabond Inn - Whittier
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles? Share your experiences!