“Accomodations at conference” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Riverside, California
“Accomodations at conference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My union booked several conference rooms, and asked lunches and a continental breakfast be served. I would like to applaud out loudly to the staff for the service and the quality of the food on 8\25\11. IT was great and also a special thanks to the chef who made it that way.......... THANKS Don Kick

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Radisson W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Good Afternoon Mr. Kick, Thank you for posting about your conference and stay with us last year. We are happy that our service and location exceeded your expectationsand East Los Angeles Area. Please note we just completed our renovations of the meeting space, public areas, restaurant and lounge. We look forward to showing the new changes during your next visit.

tiffany.young@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Hotel is only 2 blocks from downtown whittier, Very convenient nice area, good parking. It a Good Radisson

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again on your future travels to the Radisson Hotel Whittier.

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a wedding (held elsewhere). The hotel is in an excellent location, within walking distance of restaurants and shops, and an easy drive to pretty much anything else in the area. While there seems to have been some complaints on Tripadvisor about the dated rooms, we were pretty impressed with their condition. Housekeeping was excellent, and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Most important at any hotel, however, are the staff - and the young crew working here were polite, kind, and eager to accommodate their guests. A late check out was kindly provided with no fuss; breakfast was served a few minutes after closing; and extra towels were brought on request.

Overall, I recommend this hotel if you're in the area. Clean, comfortable and well located, with a pleasant staff. It doesn't get better than that, i don't think.

Room Tip: High floors are best
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed at the Radisson Whittier for ten days. The hotel is a little dated, a refurbishment of the rooms is definately needed. Even so, the service of the staff balance the picture - the house keeping is absolutely excellent, and the front desk staff is friendly.

The food in the restaurant was good, and the waiters friendly and service minded. The only service item I missed, was a proper ice cube maker; these were located on every other floor, but only the one on the 8th floor seemed to work. I hope that hotel management can find room in their budgets to obtain an ice cube maker for all floors, and also make sure that the machines that are already there function properly.

The "Salsa night" on fridays is a bit noisy. If you are planning to stay at the hotel for the weekends, make sure to get a room facing the OPPOSITE direction. I had a room facing the parking lot, and was not bothered by the salsa at all.

All in all; a little dated, but absolutely an OK hotel - much thanks to the great staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Statstjenestemannen
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Whittier. We always strive to provide our valued guests with warm and welcoming experiences and I am glad that we continually exceed your expectations.

Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I prepaid a reservation of two rooms for a concert that was a failure because it was postponed, the hotel was so kind and move my reservation for the new date that was actually two days ago...Before the date I knew I could not make it and ask to move the date..they said YES, it would be the last change...and then I requested the change and they had already cancelled my reservation and did not care about the last change...I just lost my money because they are avoiding the responsability of the offer to change...and I did never cancelled the reservation..
I do understand the issues of a prepaid reservation but I believe in their words they did not respect. I was traveling from really far away of United States and I was the victim of a concert postponed...I just could not make it for the new dates..no one of my party could...they just get tired of help

Room Tip: non available I just could not make it
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
tstyoung, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Good Afternoon Ms. Lascarro,

This letter will acknowledge receipt of your recent emails & your Trip Advisor review concerning the problems you have experienced with the cancellation/change policy of your reservation. We regret the circumstances which prompted you to write a negative review when the hotel is not at fault.

Hotel Management has reviewed the cancellation policy and terms and conditions for the special promotion that you booked your reservation for originally arriving at the hotel on June 4, 2010. The reservation promotion that you reserved was a non-refundable and non-changeable rooms promotion that gave you 20% off the lowest available rate. Once you booked the reservation your card was charged for the full amount and the dates could not be modified without forfeiting your deposit.

As a courtesy we allowed you to change your reservation 4 times without penalty. On the last change you requested to change the reservation due to the cancellation of the U2 concert that would have delayed your visit yet again. I must advise that all concerts for U2 in the LA and Anaheim occurred as scheduled; therefore the original terms and conditions for your discounted rate were enforced.

We are sorry for any trouble the terms and conditions for the discounted rate may have caused. I would recommend for future reservations at any hotel that you choose to make online to review the terms and conditions prior to booking the reservation. We as a hotel will work harder to ensure that any future guest booking reservations online do not have the same opportunity that has arisen in your unique case but we did make every effort to be accommodating.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you will consider the hotel for future visits to the Los Angeles or Anaheim area.

Warm Regards,
562-945-8524
metro Wash DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a pleasant hotel not far from Pasadena and San Gabriel but without the higher prices. We were there the week between X'mas & New Year so things were pretty quiet. The hotel is located (surprisingly) in a quaint neighborhood, within walking distance to local retail, coffee shops, banks, and even a small movie theater! If you have a car, there's a strip mall closeby with a CVS and a supermarket. The pool area looks nice although we didn't use it since it was December. An extra bonus is the free, covered parking, which didn't seem that common when I was doing my research. Definitely recommend if you have a car to get around L.A.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel on our vacation to California. Room prices are very reasonable especially when you stay 3 nights +. Rooms are clean and sleep number beds are very comfortable, staff is very friendly and attentive, always wishing you a good day when you leave and welcoming you back when you return, they were very nice to my 5 year old daughter as well.
Hotel is in a great location right in the heart of Uptown Whitter. Great cute little stores and resturants all around and a liquor / grocery store accross the street. I would recommend the Greenleaf cafe for breakfast it is AMAZING. There is also a bakery across the way with the BEST warn mexican sweet bread (pan dulce) baked fresh every morning.
Pool is nice, the hot tub was too warm. Several people in the pool area agreed the water was too hot to get into.
There is a night club on the premise on the weekends, I believe it starts on Thurdsay nights through the weekend. This can cause a bit of a distraction. The music is very loud in the lobby, thankfully you cannot hear it in your room. But when the club closes and people return to there rooms they are noisy and obnxious. There were loud drunk people in the hallway at 2am that woke us up out of a sound sleep. My husband was very angry and called the front desk.

Overall it is a nice hotel with good value and a great location (minus the nightclub) and I will stay again however I will try to avoid staying on the weekend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your stay with us. Our staff will be very happy to hear their mention from you. We will also acknowledge their service to you among our staff. We look forward to serving you again on your travels to the Radisson Hotel Whittier. Please note we have just completed our renovations of the meeting space, restaurants, bar/lounge and public areas.

tiffany.young@radisson.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
#4 of 11 in Whittier
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles? Share your experiences!