“Classic.”

Camas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classic.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Ricks has been there forever, so they must be doing something right. I must say that my all time fav - patty melt - has been kinda ruined by the addition of lettuce and tomato. Chili cheese fries are still very good.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Rick's Burgers”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rick's Burgers is an icon in Uptown Whittier. Not only do they sell the best burgers and fries, but they have a great fan following. Every Christmas, they fill up the outside courtyard with elaborate decorations and a 30 foot (or so) tall tree with all the bells and whistles (and lights!). Their prices are very reasonable, well-staffed, and the owner is on site most of the time. Large dining area, and clean. They have a variety of foods from Mexican to burgers, but nothing fancy. Just good old-fashioned home-made food. Great!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChrisCabrera
Las Vegas, Nevada
“One of the best Pastrami Sandwhiches!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ate here several times during our 10 day stay at the Whittier Radisson across the street. If you like Burger dives, old fashioned mom and pop California low cost restaurants then you may like this place. The prices were surprisingly low. They had a large menu with plenty to choose from. It was a popular local eatery with some lines to wait a bit. But worth it. We enjoyed just about every item we tried. A Nice greasy joint the locals enjoy are places we like to visit when traveling. We chanced to meet the owners while they were celebrating the restaurants anniversary and giving patron free slice of cake. Nice guy who enjoys the patrons. Thumbs up for the Pastrami. It is hard to find a good Proper pastrami sandwich, which is my Achilles heel. We traveled many states and tried many a pastrami but a few in California seem to be the only ones to do it right.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank cherish f
Whittier, California
“The cashier on weeknights is RUDE”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've been coming to Rick's for 8 years, since I moved here. I always overlooked that unsmiling, rude cashier that sometimes just throws the plate on your table old-school. I usually just keep walking and don't come here when I see her behind the counter. Came here tonight 12-6-12 about 8:30pm and didn't see her, so walked on in, and, there she was. She takes my order with her usual contempt, and I paid and just left. There comes a time when one has had enough. I've had enough, Rick. Never coming back here again. That lady goes out of her way to be rude and that's not right.

• Visited December 2012
“flashback food.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Before I became a vegetarian I looked forward to coming here when in uptown. I actually preferred this fast food as opposed to a sit down joint similar. Great bacon avocado burgers and fries. They also have very good club sandwiches . Durning Christmas they decorate with giant trees and ornament. Kids will love it. I love it. Makes you feel like you traveled back to the good ol days

Visited January 2012