“A Hidden Gem in Old-town Whittier”
Review of California Grill

California Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
California Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 274 Restaurants in Whittier
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to California Grill! Located just across the street from Whittier College, California Grill has been serving food up "fresh, fast and fun" for more than a decade. It's our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable, family-oriented atmosphere, great service and food to be enjoyed.
California
“A Hidden Gem in Old-town Whittier”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I really love this restaurant.
Decorated with palms, aquariums and a beautiful color scheme, it is truly a one of a kind restaurant located in old-town Whittier.
I stop here at least once a month on my way home from L.A.
The friendly, and efficient staff always makes me feel welcome and the service is great!
They serve wine, beer and alcohol, although there is no "bar scene" I highly recommend Happy hour from 3-5.
The food is California Cuisine excellent. Try the tacos, I get one of each, Mahi Mahi, Carnitas and Chicken, with a glass of wine....delicious!

• Visited April 2014

Whittier, California
“Whittier”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

For a large city Whittier is oddly bereft of good eating places. Chains and burrito joints are the order of the day. California grill is the exception. They try hard. Portions are large. The service can sometimes be slow and servers seem to be confused. Not a great reccomendation but it is the only place in Whittier that it least cares.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank v incent b
Whittier, California
“Nice little quiet spot”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This restuarant is pretty nice. Food is good. And prices are fare.right accord from the college. So if you are visiting a love one this place is perfect.

Whittier, CA
“Pretty Good Food Experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Since I live close by, I've been here at least a dozen times. I have never been disappointed with their food, whether it's breakfast (Great omelets and California Toast), lunch, or dinner. My favorite is their grilled chicken sandwich with avocado on squaw bread. The desserts are good as well, but I'm usually too full to order it. The last time I went, I had the salmon salad with some sort of vinaigrette dressing. The salmon was delicious as well as the dressing and greens. When in Whittier, you should definitely check this place out. It is a casual establishment that caters to all people.

Los Angeles, California
“Pretty Mediocre”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend who lives in Whittier, but I was underwhelmed. The service was very cloying, and with the college across the street that likely supplied the labor force, that was understandable. I was asked at least a dozen times if everything was all right, but each time the server was already starting to walk away before I could possibly answer, so I assumed that his question was perfunctory. Nothing distinguishes this place - ordinary food, moderately priced, served by a sub-par service staff. If you're in Whittier, there are better venues, and unless you had no other options, I would pass. There are many better restaurants. I had their jambalaya and the server really pushed hard that I should make it extra spicy - even after I explained that I prefer taste other than strong pepper. It was "just "okay". Maybe this is a place for spicy food lovers.

1 Thank RangerBobN