“Pretty Good Food Experience”
Review of California Grill

California Grill
Ranked #1 of 282 Restaurants in Whittier
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to California Grill! Located just across the street from Whittier College, California Grill has been serving food up "fresh, fast and fun" for more than a decade. It's our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable, family-oriented atmosphere, great service and food to be enjoyed.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Since I live close by, I've been here at least a dozen times. I have never been disappointed with their food, whether it's breakfast (Great omelets and California Toast), lunch, or dinner. My favorite is their grilled chicken sandwich with avocado on squaw bread. The desserts are good as well, but I'm usually too full to order it. The last time I went, I had the salmon salad with some sort of vinaigrette dressing. The salmon was delicious as well as the dressing and greens. When in Whittier, you should definitely check this place out. It is a casual establishment that caters to all people.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend who lives in Whittier, but I was underwhelmed. The service was very cloying, and with the college across the street that likely supplied the labor force, that was understandable. I was asked at least a dozen times if everything was all right, but each time the server was already starting to walk away before I could possibly answer, so I assumed that his question was perfunctory. Nothing distinguishes this place - ordinary food, moderately priced, served by a sub-par service staff. If you're in Whittier, there are better venues, and unless you had no other options, I would pass. There are many better restaurants. I had their jambalaya and the server really pushed hard that I should make it extra spicy - even after I explained that I prefer taste other than strong pepper. It was "just "okay". Maybe this is a place for spicy food lovers.

1  Thank RangerBobN
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Never had any thing here that wasn't good. Great place to meet people for Lunch or dinner. Friendly staff.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Visited the restaurant for lunch. We had no reservation on a Friday. It was really busy there. We were greeted very well and requested to wait for a few minutes. Very soon a table was allocated. The menu was elaborate. Everything on the menu looked delicious. All four ordered different dishes, from Pastrami to Chicken to Fish. All were delectable. Iced Tea & Soda were on refills.
Service was with a big smile & quick. Food was served hot. A great place to eat with family, friends & would definitely entertain Business guests too.
Highly recommended. Would visit again when back in Whittier

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Good Food with quick service. Food was served quickly and good. It is good place to eat. Very clean and heaters outdoors to keep you warm at night.