“Wonderful and plentiful Chinese food!”
Review of Yang's Restaurant

Yang's Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 274 Restaurants in Whittier
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful and plentiful Chinese food!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Set in a strip center, I might have missed Yang's if I hadn't been looking for it. I was greeted immediately and with enthusiasm, and given a fairly extensive, if typical, menu.

I decided to order an appetizer and a couple of entrees: 2 veggie egg rolls, Mu Shu Pork and Vegetable Chow Fun. The egg rolls arrived quickly and were very hot and fresh. While I was still devouring those, the Mu Shu arrived. It was a large serving and the server prepared 2 of the four accompanying rice paper wrappers into "Chinese Burritos" for me, leaving more than 1/2 of the meat and vegetable filling and 2 more wraps for me (ultimately, to take home). The Chow Fun (large, flat, soft rice noodles and many varied sauteed veggies) arrived about 3 minutes later. The serving was HUGE - it looked like enough to serve 2-3 people, but I made a dent in it. When I was totally stuffed, I still had a lot of food to take home - at least 2-3 more meals! I asked for boxes and received three in which to take all my goodies home. Along with the check, they brought a beautifully cut and served orange (apparently the standard dessert/palate cleanser) which was a lovely ending to a wonderful meal.

Note: They bring the food out as it is ready so that it comes hot to the table, rather than bringing everything out at once. If you are in a group, this means some people may receive their orders well in advance of others.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank smccaslin

Los Angeles, California
“Stellar Chinese Food in Whittier, Ca”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was getting bored with the Chinese close to home, so we did a search on YELP and found Yang's in east Whittier. Reviews online were all really good, and they even have delivery...so why not, right?

What a great place! We had hot and sour soup, Crab Rangoon (with real crab in it!), Lettuce Cups (chicken), Orange Chicken and Kung Pao Chicken. All of it was marvelous, very fresh and delicious.

We'll be driving the whopping 6 miiles to go here instead of the 4 mile trip to our previous Chinese food destination.

If you're up for some real Chinese, with reasonable prices, go here.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ScumOne
Whittier, California
“Awesome Chinese Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is great, the prices are fair and the portions are very good. Looks like a little hole in the wall, but it should not be missed for awesome Chinese food.

Visited January 2014