“wow ! What a place to stay in Whittier”
Review of Friendly Hills Inn

Friendly Hills Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Perris, California
“wow ! What a place to stay in Whittier”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was very pleased with service,
rooms very clean. name says it all Friendly.
I stay here every time I am in Whittier.
This motel is close by shopping centers and
restaurants are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms North of Whittier Blvd North of pool :-)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 21, 2013

this motel satisfies all expectations , it is very good and quite place,front desk people are very good,i think he goes to school,he is busy with computer work when i have seen.but,he is a cool and smart guy who helps for a room with in seconds .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hacienda Heights, California
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Exceeded my expectations for certain. No high dust anywhere! A Gen 1 Motel, but when you walk in your room, you are in a Hotel! I had to stay here due to family issues, when we pulled in my first thought was ok, and it can be no worse than a Motel 6 ( and I will never stay at Motel 6 again ) the woman at the front desk, was so professional, I asked about Wifi and yes she replied, also coffee in the room, a mini fridge, and microwave, check in at 3. Normal for all places now days, including Marriott. I arrive back after 3:30 she hands me my key and I walk to my door, take a deep breath and open it, ready for a musty smell, but there was no musty smell, I was shocked, there was a clean neutral odor, and I walked into a very inviting lovely room, being a GM for Marriott we are trained to look for everything, so being curious I checked the highest point in the room for dust, and the most forgotten point in the room for dust, which is the top of the picture frames, and the vents to the AC/Heating unit, and to my surprise both were very clean. The Wifi would not connect the first day, I did ask the woman at the front desk, and for some reason I poured my heart out to her, and she was so kind, she said maybe I should just rest, but still she reset the internet, and I could not connect, she put in her secure password so I could connect to her private internet, which I did, I ran back to my room and after a few minutes my computer died and I disconnected, so I ran down to the local starbucks, plugged in my computer, my computer still would not work, when the young woman said oh all of our plugs are out, I guess I just needed to rest. My ending point is, this place is by far a wonderful place to stay, the staff is wonderful, friendly, speaks great english, very attentive and compassionate. Most of all this place is safe, and very very clean. I would stay here again and again.

Room Tip: I think any room, Beds are comfy, Rooms beautiful. Staff amazing. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rigoli1
Torrance
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This motel satisfies a traveler's expectations of a good place to spend a night on the road away from home.

We parked our car directly in front of the door to our ground floor room. The room was clean and appeared to be well maintained. We did, however, notice a sluggish drain in the bath which we reported to the office.

The king size bed was comfortable. The air conditioning was noisy but welcome on a hot day. The mid-size refrigerator held our drinks, snacks and breakfast. We did not use the microwave. There was sufficient room for a table and two chairs. We used the in-room coffee maker for hot water. We did not watch the big screen TV but we made good use of a fast wi-fi connection. There was plenty of drawer and counter space although there was no enclosed closet. The separate bath room had a small but adequate sink and shower over tub. The towels were thin. A hair dryer was provided. Surprisingly, there was no tissue paper in the room. The wake-up call service was efficient in lieu of an alarm clock in the room.

This motel is situated on a main street. It is close to shopping, restaurants, recreation and freeways.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back to get away from traffic noise on a busy street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zafss
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have family in the Whittier area, and due to my wife's allergies we can't stay with them and we require a clean room for her to sleep in. This quaint, family owned and operated inn has everything that we need and at a great price. The rooms are always very clean and the staff is extremely nice and accommodating. Because we usually bring our bikes , they always have a room on the first floor ready for us! In years past we have always stayed at the Radisson in Uptown Whittier. After our first experience here 2 years ago, we have not stayed anywhere else since. We definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting the Whittier area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matthew N
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very friendly man at the front desk. he gave us several ideas for dinner,breakfast, shopping.

appears newly remodeled. We had a king room. The room has a chest of drawers, full length mirror and luggage table, mini frig, microwave, small coffee pot and coffee, hair dryer, shampoo, bar soap, alarm clock, flat screen TV with HBO and nice size table and two chairs. There is no safe. The a/c worked good. There are plenty of outlets to charge things. The towels are nice and I think better than many hotels I've stayed.

I prefer a softer bed than most

The bed is harder than I like. But the room is overall comfortable.

There is a pool and ice machine outside.

We asked and they provided an iron & ironing board.

There is an excellent Mexican restaurant (Muchas Gracias) right in front that a you can walk to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wheretonext123
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The office is situated towards the back of the property and not that well recognizable (during the daylight hours).
I had specifically requested a downstairs room to lessen the burden of cleaning "stealables" from my truck...on arrival, the clerk had none available.
I spent about twenty minutes each time I arrived and departed (two night stay),,to secure my belongings..
The fridge, microwave and coffeemaker all worked well and were reasonably situated in the room.
There was no local guide available for the television...there were a large number of versions of each channel available, & it became a real inconvenience to find the "right" channel 3,4,5,etc.
One of the staff @ the adjacent restaurant was kind enough to share the premium stereo system on his new mustang as he arrived for work @ 4.30..and while he was putting out the trash @ nite, around eleven.
That said, based on the price, I would probably consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is fine as long as you don't have lots or luggage and work related materials to transpo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whittier
DoubleTree by Hilton Whittier Los Angeles
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Angels Motel
Angels Motel
#3 of 9 in Pico Rivera

Been to Friendly Hills Inn? Share your experiences!