“Good Food in a Fun Setting!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #119 of 275 Restaurants in Whittier
Cuisines: American
Whittier, CA
“Good Food in a Fun Setting!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were seated right away, and the service we received from Jason and his assistant couldn't have been better. It was a good test of the service because of three specific requests we'd made. The first was to be sure we got the free appetizer as indicated on our loyalty card. Jason never even questioned it, and we got it complimentary, exactly as ordered. And because of the generous size of the appetizer, we asked Jason if we could order our entrée after finishing the appetizer; glad we did that, because we requested to then split an entrée. Not only was he in full agreement with our "plan," but he happily and cordially complied, and got everything 100% accurately. And not only that, Red Robin didn't just give us an extra plate. They literally split the order and brought them to us separately, without asking for that, and for no surcharge.

Those great steak fries came with our split order, but my GF wanted onion rings. Without my even asking, Jason suggested "why don't we just split the fries as half onion rings and half fries." Red Robin may have lost a few bucks on a side order, but they sure gained two new customers.

Jason came back frequently to ask how we were doing, and we never had to ask for drink refills. He's really friendly and outgoing, and his assistant was a really funny guy who made us laugh too. No matter what we asked for, Jason complied, and with a smile. Next time we order, I'm going to ask him if I can get with my hamburger an order of the four new Michelin tires I need. I'm thinking he'll find a way to do it!

Dan Kap,