“Quaint and delicious”

Crepes & Grapes Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Whittier
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy a delicious breakfast from savory crepes to fluffy pancakes to yogurt fruit parfait. Or maybe try and share our flavorful Cheese & Fruit Platters - a wonderful companion with our Sparkling Mimosa or French Sangria. We serve Gluten-Free crepes and can transform any of our panini into a Gluten-Free Crepe wrap. We have Vegetarian dishes and Pescatarian dishes. We can modify a few of our dishes to cater sodium-free diets upon request. We are Celiac-Friendly and will modify our dishes upon request. We are Lactose-Friendly, we have Almond Milk and Soy Milk. We also cater to various allergies upon notification by removing that allergen from a desired dish completely. All of our dishes, for the exception of our Tuna Tango Panino, Chicken Curry Panino, Cassoulet, and Creme Brulee are available to be modified for an allergen to be omitted.
Mesa, Arizona
“Quaint and delicious”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

When visiting Whittier you must stop in and try the crepes. It is a quaint little place, but very nice. They had beautiful French music playing too. I got the chicken with mole sauce crepe that was very good and tasty. It was filling and nicely presented. It came with a small salad as well. We had a nice and attentive waiter.

I have been impressed with all of the food in this quaint little town, but really loved this place. I am actaully going back for dinner tonight.

• Visited March 2012
CrepesandGrapesCafe, Owner at Crepes & Grapes Cafe, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
You warmed our hearts :)
We are so happy that you like our place!
Thank you so much for your positive review :)
We wholeheartedly appreciate it :D

San Diego, California
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR SS and TIME”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I come from an European country where we eat crepes for breakfast, lunch, and supper. There’s almost no woman that is unable to make crepes there in my country. It is as easy as making pancakes.
I was doing some business in Whittier and brought a friend from my country with me. We were walking downtown looking for a place to have brunch when we saw Crepes and Grapes and got really excited. What a BIG disappointment though…!!! The crepes were made sometime in the past and refrigerated. The “chef“ did not even bother to throw them in the microwave and fool us that they were just made. When we returned them and wanted fresh and warm crepes the waitress showed very nasty attitude and brought again refrigerated cold crepes probably with a spit in it. We wanted to return those too and leave without paying as we did not get what we wanted and did not eat anything. The waitress said that she can take only 20% of the whole order, the first and the second, which was $27 each and that’s it. I wanted to talk to the owner and she denied to call him (the manager conveniently was not there and she was the manager for the time). She denied giving us her name but I heard her speaking in Spanish with somebody in the kitchen. So, the French Café is as French as I am the Queen of England. I called the police and asked them to come and help us resolve the problem. The police denied to come and said that we should pay and then sue the cafe in a small claim court for $52. We paid and left hungry, humiliated, and angry. I still keep the receipt for $52 for a meal that I didn’t eat. I have never had worse experience with a restaurant in my life. I have worked and lived in 4 different countries and haven’t seen worse service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$ FOR THESE CREPES. Just know that once you have the crepes mix ready, you make a crepe for seconds. You can refrigerate the mix but not the crepe ones it is ready if you want to run a respected restaurant. And, please train your stuff to be nice and polite. A respected restaurant would never let a client to pay for obviously bad food. What is 4 crappy crepes comparing to a good name!!!!????

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank fay793
[Our apologies for such a late response - we have just begun to integrate with social media.]

Your review was heartbreaking :(

It is great that you were able to visit the Historic part of Uptown Whittier and it was wonderful that you spotted us and decided to dine in.

We are very sorry that you were not able to enjoy yourself.
I wholeheartedly understand that you may have had a terrible day, but please don't take it out on our business by spreading false claims and accusations. This is our livelihood and we have worked and are continuing to work very hard everyday to perform better than the day before.

We have never served pre-made crêpes - unless it is for a catering in order to prep it the day before and bake it the day of (depending if it is sweet or savory). We make all of our crêpes per order - we even have a window so everyone can see :)

I can state with much explicit confidence that our Staff has NEVER done anything foul to a dish in retaliation. We do not operate that way.

It is part of our policy not to charge for a dish to be remade if it is sent back.
We make sure that our Staff adheres to these standards and codes of conduct.

We established our restaurant to share our home-inspired cooking and taste our dreams of a beautiful Paris atmosphere. This is our unique restaurant. We are not trying to become France, we do admire the vibrant country, though :)

It is very unfavorable to submit a complaint on a social site rather than contacting us directly so that we could investigate and reach a solution.

Hopefully, if you do business in Whittier again, you can dine in and try us out again.
We've made leaps of positive change since then... of course, it is a constant maintenance, but we are staying on top of it! :)
Louisiana
“Parisian Crepes in California - Heaven with chantilly and lemon”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The restaurant is quaint and cosy and really does its best to re-create the atmosphere of a small French bistro to goo effect. The menu, of course, is mainly crepes, but the wine selection is excellent as well.

I got a savory crepe that was light and fluffy and absolutely divine, then polished it off with a sweet crepe with lemon sauce, whipped cream (chantilly) and sugar. I felt like I was in Paris on a cold day. It tasted divine.

Wonderful, perfect french crepes created and sold here!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Amperage
CrepesandGrapesCafe, Owner at Crepes & Grapes Cafe, responded to this review, December 17, 2014

We are extremely elated that you like our crêpes!
We're aiming for an even more cozy feel during the winter months with Bring-In-Your-Blanket days -soon! Sipping Bellagio Hot Chocolate with some warm chewy cookies while being wrapped up in a blanket by the window on a chilly Winter day or night :)
Hmmmm... :)

Thank you very much for your lovely positive review :)
Downey, California
“The Best”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Low prices great service and the food is awesome one of the best places to eat in Whittier period and I lived there for over 16yrs!

• Visited April 2011

You made us smile!
We are so happy that you like our place :)
Thank you so much for your positive review!
Lorain, Ohio
“We Keep On Going Back”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

After many trips to this restaurant I thought it was time to pass the word along. We visit our aunt a couple of times every year and this is the first place she wants to go for dinner. We usually create our own crepes and are always happy with the results. I especially love their spicy peanut sauce on mine. The portions are so large that it's hard to make room for the great crepe desserts. Since we visit during the colder months, we eat inside. True to the French cafe feel, they also have tables outside along the sidewalk. Service has always been smooth and the staff has never messed up an order. If you're ever in the Whittier area, and looking for a good local restaurant, this is the one you want to try.

Our hearts were warmed by your review :)
We are so happy to read that you had lovely experiences and that your Aunt likes our place!

(I know you have a more recent review, which will be addressed in due time. We just wanted to start off in an uplifted mood.)

Thank you so much for your positive review :)