“Good Location, Good Food, Crap Shot on Service”
Review of El Torito

El Torito
Ranked #60 of 289 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: Mexican
Southern California
“Good Location, Good Food, Crap Shot on Service”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have been to this location several times and I will note that most of the time the service is pretty good, and the food is pretty good for the price. The staff for the most part are attentive and try to make your experience good. This day was a miss, as they clearly were in the weeds for most of the time we were there. I will give the management credit as they were trying to make up for the lack of service but even with that were unable to make for such a defecite. The only reason this location is getting 4 stars is due to my service in the past. On that note this is the one of the better locations in the chain and the brunch is usually excellent.

• Visited March 2014

Huntington Beach, California
“Average Food, Below Average Service”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant tonight and noticed that a lot of things have changed since we first came here years and years ago. The menu was much different, much shorter and harder to read (at least for me). Prices were a bit higher and certainly much higher than the quality of the food. I asked that my food not be cooked with pimientos and other peppers as I have a problem trying to digest those things. My food was served full of pimientos and peppers and after a lot of careful picking around them, I was able to salvage my meal of shrimp. Service was very slow and they tried to put us in a side room, rather than in the main room which is wide open and very attractive. They said that they were getting ready for "Thanksgiving". Service was quite slow; the few waiters working were running, literally, back and forth from the bar. Service was poor. Our waiter showed up to take our order and to give us our check.

• Visited November 2013
Cordoba, Argentina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I used to visit El Torito some years ago and it was a really good place.
Now it is just like any other cheap restaurant, but more expensive.
"Brunch" stands for "brakfast" and "lunch". right?....well, be advised that you will find only breakfast food, and the quality is just fine, or below.
Champagne is now limited to 3 glasses, the service is painfully slow, the variety......what variety?
I won't come back.

• Visited October 2013
westminster
“What happened to this restaurant?”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It has been awhile since we ate here and it was quite disappointing. The prices are much higher, the food was not worth the price and the service was pleasant, but extremely slow. The first basket of chips tasted stale and they were quite salty. My quesadilla had no cheese in any of the outer parts and the tortilla was tough. My husband's taco trio was rather tasteless and the portions of beans and masa served with them were extremely small.

We waited a very long time to receive our food and the wait was not worth it. I realize that it is probably a management dictate, but I don't appreciate being "hustled" to order additional items. We were asked repeatedly if we wanted other items,such as drinks, side dishes, dessert or coffee. If I wanted them, I would order them. The coke was served in a large glass that had 80% ice and 20% coke.

Bring back the way it used to be!

• Visited March 2013
California, USA
“NOT el torito GRILL !!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Saturday 2/23/2013, business meeting for lunch, outside advertising LUNCH menue starting at $6.99, no note that it is only Mondays to Fridays!. But anyhow, we ordered the CHEFS SPECIAL,
Halibut (extra menue for this item) on a bed of vegetables. The check must have been on vacation, 2 small pieces of dry fish, overloaded with cilantro on a couple of very small salsa type vegies and a lot of rice for $18.49, NOT recommended!. I ordered steak fahitas - medium - and received a paperthin steak - that was NOT fahita steak, the kitchen staff brought the dish and did not give me a plate with rice that he had in his hands and mumbled something and ran back to the kitchen to return (what i guess) with a fresh plate of rice. $16.49. Also NOT recommended.
I would have returned both dishes if i wasn't to close a business deal.
We arrived and ther where only 2 other guests in our seating area, the restaurant was empty, so there was no excuse for the kitchen to mess up 2 well known dishes. I guess it was my mistake since this is NOT a ELTORITO GRILL - the Grill has much better food (experience from a lot of visits in the past) but all the good restaurants are leaving the Westminster Mall area and are now in Huntington Beach at the newer mall. MeuterMedia

• Visited February 2013