“A DEFINITE MUST TRY!”

Add it.
Dragon Phoenix Palace
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I've been going to Dragon Phoenix Palace for years and it's well worth the trip to Westminster, and worth the effort to find one of the rare parking spots in the center. They recently redid the decor, and I have to say I missed the pink and turquoise diamond pattern tiles in the entry, followed by 50's Las Vegas style carpeting leading upstairs where you find the restaurant. On Sunday's there's always a wait, but usually not more than 30 minutes, which gives us time to poke around all the food shops in the mall.
The atmosphere is chaotic, with the dim sum trolleys and their drivers running all over the room. A few of the trolley drivers/servers speak English, but no matter. They are happy to show you what is in their little silver baskets. If they try to explain it to me, their accents are usually so strong that I don't understand anyway. But this is what makes this place so amazing! Being a caucasion, I am definitely in the minority among all the Asian diners, which tells me I found the right place. The food is tasty, delicious, always fresh, and many items are even fried tableside. This was my first introduction to Dim Sum, and now I always bring out of town guests since most have never even heard of Dim Sum. They immediately become fans.
The restaurant shoudln't only be thought of for Dim Sum though. Many years ago, I took my entire family for a seafood Mother's Day dinner. I met with the manager the day before, and told him my budget , and let him choose the dishes and courses. I know we ate way better than if I had try to pick out the dishes. And talk about value for money. This place rocks!!!!!

1  Thank ocfotoman

Reviewed November 17, 2008

Great variety, great service; the food comes to you before you ask, and an incredible place for family dining. If you have not come here yet, you don't know what you are missing! The savory flavoring is simply overwhelmingly delicious. Also a great place for wedding banquets or any other celebrations! You must come and try this place out for yourselves before saying anything else.

Reviewed September 11, 2008

Good variety, many variants not found in typical dim-sum restaurant like in Monterey Park. They also have a drink cart serving ice coffee/tea, boba variations

Reviewed January 2, 2008

If you are in this area, you may as well try Chinese Dim Sum, which is a special cuisine not always available everywhere. There are only a handful of restaurants that serve in Orange County so you should try this one. The food is above average and the place is always crowded.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook