“My home town”
Review of Little Saigon

Little Saigon
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Westminster
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Can find almost everything you want to know about Vietnamese in this town. Highly competitive from supermarket to barber shop means more $ stay in your pocket. Can't pass on a good noodle soup called 'Pho'

There are newer reviews for Little Saigon

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow ! This place has evolved progressively since our last visit 5 years ago. More business retail stores centered at Bolsa ave but the same Asian ambience for food and shopping value. We love to shop here for jewelry, fashion apparel for my wife who likes Hongkong imports, Excellent choices of Vietnemese cuisine and sandwich at best prices. Non-English speaking polite waiters or sales person is a non issue as one can communicate somehow. Clean and safe environment. This place is a must visit if you are in the area. 10-15 minute drive from Disneyland area. Next best thing to experience Urban Vietnam without actually going there.

4  Thank Stardom13
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I go to restaurants where they may or may not speak English. If they don't speak English they bring me a menu that is written English and has photos. I order by pointing to the photo of what I wish to eat. It isn't a problem to order food when the waiter doesn't speak any English. He simply can't answer any questions I have about the dishes. I muddle through. The food prices are super, super cheap in Little Saigon. The food is fresh, flavorful and wonderful. Sandwich places sell a large sandwich for $2.50. I can get a full meal so big I split it in half and eat it for lunch and dinner for $3.75 - $6.00. I can buy 3 t-shirts for $10.00. Even the areas around Little Saigon are cheap such as the shops on Brookhurst by the 99 Cent Store (Brookhurst and Westminster intersection). Lee's Sandwiches has cheap, tasty sandwiches and the location at Brookhurst and Westminster is open 24/7. My favorite Lee's Sandwich is the #4. Lee's also has good coffee, iced or hot and their croissants are to die for. The Teriyaki place
Bánh Mì Chè Cali on Brookhurst and McFadden has cheap sandwiches, teriyaki bowls, pastries, drinks, etc. When I say sandwiches I do not mean American sandwiches. They are on baguette bread, but the inside is all Vietnamese. It is French-Vietnamese fusion. The Vietnamese sandwiches are awesome!

3  Thank Anja D
Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you want to experience Viet Nam without the airfare, drive to Westminster, California where you will find Little Saigon. I first heard of "Little Saigon" while visiting real Saigon in Viet Nam. Natives asked me if I had been to "Little Saigon" (I hadn't) and then they proceeded to tell me about it. Many had family members who had fled Viet Nam in the '70's and eventually started businesses there. It is a tapestry of Vietnamese culture including restaurants, fish, meat and & produce food markets, novelties, fabrics, gold/jewelry shops and a variety of other venues and experiences. There is nothing like visiting Southeast Asia but Little Saigon is an eclectic and exciting community that brings a blend of Vietnam to the West Coast. It is well worth visiting but do your research first. Determine what you want to see, where it is and then map it. Traffic is challenging and the last thing you want to do is just drive there expecting to arrive in the village or contained area. It is spread out thus you need to organize your visit.

4  Thank MMADallas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I like most of the vietnamese Restaurants which have Pho, Com Tam, Banh Beo ... and food to go places

3  Thank SMNV12