“we have stayed in all the really nice hotels near...”

Hotel 39 Westminster
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Westminster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Vietnamese first
SAN JOSE
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I didn't see any sign that breakfast was offered, nor was I told that it was available. In fact, there was NO coffee or tea setup in the lobby. It would have been nice to at least have some coffee before I departed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8westminster, Webmaster at Hotel 39 Westminster, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. Breakfast is offered on the posted schedule, and I’m very sorry that was not communicated to you. Much has changed and improved at our hotel since your stay, and I hope you’ll join us again so you can see for yourself how we’re getting better day by day. Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations at the time of your stay.

Hotel Manager.
Torrance, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband, young boys and myself arrived at Super 8 on a Thursday for 3 nights. I was happy with the evening clerk that checked me in. He was pleasant and the check in process was quick. Our room was clean and up to date with tasteful modern furnishings. I was intending to write a pretty good review for this motel until check out time approached. My older son, almost 4, was not feeling well and needed my extra TLC which of course set me behind packing our things to meet the 11am check out time. Well, I thought I would call the front desk to let the motel know that I needed an extra 45 minutes to check out. When I called a lady answered and told me she could only give me 30 minutes extra and if I was past 11:30 then she would charge my credit card on file. I informed her that I refused to pay an extra charge and that I have never heard of a hotel/motel refusing to let their customers check out 1` hour after the regular check time. She informed me that it was fair due to the fact that the next guests were able to check in to the motel at their regular check in time at 3pm. I said "are you kidding me?" I was waiting for Astin Kutcher to come knocking at my door to tell me I was really on his show "Punked". Of course no one came knocking at my door and the lady clerk and I exchanged some words back and fourth. I will have to tell you that she was one of the worst people I have ever encountered in my life. I would never want anyone to go through that, so my advise is to find another motel/hotel. STAY AWAY FROM THAT WICKED WOMAN.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy L
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for taking time to comment about our hotel. I’m very sorry that our customer service was not up to our usual standards during your stay. Since that time, we have made a number of changes and improvements at the hotel, including staffing changes and retraining. We think if you visit us again you’ll find a much better experience, and we look forward to welcoming you when you’re in the area again. I sincerely apologize for the trouble you had during this visit.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Best Western Palm Garden Inn
#11 of 22 in Huntington Beach
Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#15 of 22 in Huntington Beach

Been to Hotel 39 Westminster? Share your experiences!