WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Westminster
SAN JOSE
“Breakfast?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I didn't see any sign that breakfast was offered, nor was I told that it was available. In fact, there was NO coffee or tea setup in the lobby. It would have been nice to at least have some coffee before I departed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8westminster, Webmaster at Super 8 Westminster Ca/huntington Beach Area, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. Breakfast is offered on the posted schedule, and I’m very sorry that was not communicated to you. Much has changed and improved at our hotel since your stay, and I hope you’ll join us again so you can see for yourself how we’re getting better day by day. Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations at the time of your stay.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Torrance, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband, young boys and myself arrived at Super 8 on a Thursday for 3 nights. I was happy with the evening clerk that checked me in. He was pleasant and the check in process was quick. Our room was clean and up to date with tasteful modern furnishings. I was intending to write a pretty good review for this motel until check out time approached. My older son, almost 4, was not feeling well and needed my extra TLC which of course set me behind packing our things to meet the 11am check out time. Well, I thought I would call the front desk to let the motel know that I needed an extra 45 minutes to check out. When I called a lady answered and told me she could only give me 30 minutes extra and if I was past 11:30 then she would charge my credit card on file. I informed her that I refused to pay an extra charge and that I have never heard of a hotel/motel refusing to let their customers check out 1` hour after the regular check time. She informed me that it was fair due to the fact that the next guests were able to check in to the motel at their regular check in time at 3pm. I said "are you kidding me?" I was waiting for Astin Kutcher to come knocking at my door to tell me I was really on his show "Punked". Of course no one came knocking at my door and the lady clerk and I exchanged some words back and fourth. I will have to tell you that she was one of the worst people I have ever encountered in my life. I would never want anyone to go through that, so my advise is to find another motel/hotel. STAY AWAY FROM THAT WICKED WOMAN.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy L
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for taking time to comment about our hotel. I’m very sorry that our customer service was not up to our usual standards during your stay. Since that time, we have made a number of changes and improvements at the hotel, including staffing changes and retraining. We think if you visit us again you’ll find a much better experience, and we look forward to welcoming you when you’re in the area again. I sincerely apologize for the trouble you had during this visit.

DISCOVERY BAY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

JAY, the manager was very helpful. the location seemed to be a bit "questionable", but it turned out to be just fine, and the night staff(some guy) assured us that we were in a safe neighborhood.
At first we had a room where the toilet was broken. We were offered another room, however, the night staff (some guy) thought he was being helpful by showing us that the toilet wasn't really broken, and all we had to do was take the lid off of the toilet and attach the toilet handle to the flushing thingy. gross. We took the other room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

This clean Super 8 is close to the highway and Little Saigon (Vietnamese supermarkets and restaurants). It was reasonably priced. I called to book 1 extra night prior to what was booked through Expedia and they were good about it and gave me the same rate. Although it is close to the strip mall with a bar but no worries my rental car was always where it should be. Breakfast area is quite small just across from the reception. The rooms were clean. This location is ideal if you would like to visit the beaches (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo), Palo Verdes and San Diego areas. That's what we did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here when we were driving along on a roadtrip around the USA and it started to get dark. We decided to take a random highway exit and came across this place.

I rushed into the reception to check prices and after hearing they were quite low, and receiving really friendly service from the woman behind the desk, I went out to the car to tell my girlfriend that I'd book us a night.

Despite us dropping in at night and looking for a last minute room, the woman behind the desk was really warm and welcoming. We were given a discounted king room which was quite large with a clean bathroom. The WiFi worked fine.

We also used the laundry at the motel which was fine, and noticed a decent yet small fitness room and hot tub (unfortunately we didn't have time to try these). The included breakfast was also very good - served in a dining room with a TV, we helped ourselves to a hot buffet breakfast ranging from juice, yoghurt, toast and cereal, to waffles and sausages with 'biscuits and gravy'.

While we didn't get to see much of Westminster (although we did buy a camera from the nearby Target superstore), it is quite close to Denver.

I'd definitely recommend this place if you're passing through but want a little more than a 'just passing through' motel, or even if you're looking for cheap accommodation outside of the bigger cities (we came from Fort Collins and headed out to explore Boulder the next morning).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dion-NZ
Tuscon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Smelly and in poor condition. Blankets were stained as were the sheets and there was a huge burn hole in the blanket. I really think the bar next door was filled with working girls that were spilling into the parking lot.

Room Tip: find another hotel