“Close to Little Saigon”

Hotel 39 Westminster
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Westminster
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This clean Super 8 is close to the highway and Little Saigon (Vietnamese supermarkets and restaurants). It was reasonably priced. I called to book 1 extra night prior to what was booked through Expedia and they were good about it and gave me the same rate. Although it is close to the strip mall with a bar but no worries my rental car was always where it should be. Breakfast area is quite small just across from the reception. The rooms were clean. This location is ideal if you would like to visit the beaches (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo), Palo Verdes and San Diego areas. That's what we did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel 39 Westminster

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here when we were driving along on a roadtrip around the USA and it started to get dark. We decided to take a random highway exit and came across this place.

I rushed into the reception to check prices and after hearing they were quite low, and receiving really friendly service from the woman behind the desk, I went out to the car to tell my girlfriend that I'd book us a night.

Despite us dropping in at night and looking for a last minute room, the woman behind the desk was really warm and welcoming. We were given a discounted king room which was quite large with a clean bathroom. The WiFi worked fine.

We also used the laundry at the motel which was fine, and noticed a decent yet small fitness room and hot tub (unfortunately we didn't have time to try these). The included breakfast was also very good - served in a dining room with a TV, we helped ourselves to a hot buffet breakfast ranging from juice, yoghurt, toast and cereal, to waffles and sausages with 'biscuits and gravy'.

While we didn't get to see much of Westminster (although we did buy a camera from the nearby Target superstore), it is quite close to Denver.

I'd definitely recommend this place if you're passing through but want a little more than a 'just passing through' motel, or even if you're looking for cheap accommodation outside of the bigger cities (we came from Fort Collins and headed out to explore Boulder the next morning).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dion-NZ
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Smelly and in poor condition. Blankets were stained as were the sheets and there was a huge burn hole in the blanket. I really think the bar next door was filled with working girls that were spilling into the parking lot.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
super8westminster, Webmaster at Hotel 39 Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

It has been some time now since your visit, and many aspects of the hotel have changed and improved. I only wish we had been able to provide a nicer experience during your time with us. While we can’t do much about the neighbors, we can and have made improvements to the facility itself. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to your standards, and I hope you’ll try us again if you’re ever in the area again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This Super 8 is very well run and always well kept. The beds are comfortable. I feel very safe at this location compared to what the other reviewer mentioned. It is clean, there is all the amenities in the room - coffee, tea, dryer, tv, microwave, refrigerator, alarm clock. It is close to the 405 but far enough that you don't hear any noise from it. Free wifi from your room.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is the top level. They are the quietest. They have an elevator in addition to the 2...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank shackman007
Reviewed January 23, 2012

If I could give this a more negative rating I would! This place is smack dab in the middle of the ghetto! Right next door to a strip mall with a bar, pool hall, pawn, shop, liquor store and strip club! The lobby closes at 9 and the clerk will only speak to you rudely thru bars and bullet proof glass!The rooms are vile and were not properly reconditioned after the hotel became non smoking, now it just reeks of ashtray and bad air freshener. The pictures are photoshopped I think because it doesn't look like that! Take this Moms warning, don't go!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel to start with!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
super8westminster, Webmaster at Hotel 39 Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Westminster for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk clerk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Westminster. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

If you are towing a trailer this isnt a safe bet....And there is no elevator...The rooms were actually very nice for a Super 8.....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

My family and I stayed at at the the Super 8 Westminster to be close to Huntington Beach and Long Beach. We typically stay near Disneyland, however we decided to venture out of our comfort zone.

First the positives:

This is a Super 8, so we were surprised at the quality of the room. I would say it was one step up from basic. It had a large refrigerator as well as a microwave. It did have older decor, however, we were doing this trip on the cheap and just needed a bed. The room was about average. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In general, it is a 10 minute drive to the beach and 15 minute drive to Disneyland. The overall value is good, you just need to know that this is a bargin hotel and do not have your expectations higher than that,

The negatives:

To be frank, the motel is next to a Strip Club and a Check Cashing location. There are security cameras galore to address the location; however it only helped to further make us feel more insecure. If the motel was just on the South side of the Freeway, it would have been fine. The North side of the freeway is iffy. The pool is very small and not heated and the contential breakfast is pretty basic, danishes and muffins in plastic wrappers, fruit loops or cherrios, and juice, coffee, or milk. While I know you get what you pay for, an attempted at presentation would have been nice.

I would not recommend this location for families. It would have been fine if it was just myself. What it did teach me though is stay in areas you are more comfortable with.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#12 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Best Western Palm Garden Inn
Best Western Palm Garden Inn
#2 of 10 in Westminster
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#16 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
Extended Stay America - Orange C...
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach

Been to Hotel 39 Westminster? Share your experiences!