“Wonderful!”

Westlake Village Inn
Reviewed December 15, 2008

The hotel was beautiful and had amazing grounds. The staff was great. On top of all my requests before I could even finish asking. Great comparison to the Four Seasons at less than half the cost. Very romantic. Wonderful stay. Will be back often!

• Stayed: September 2008

Reviewed December 12, 2008

The grounds are pretty, the rooms are nice, and housekeeping does a good job.

My first night there was no heat in my room. When I reported it to the front desk, they told me that they would report it to Engineering when they came in the next morning. The next afternoon I followed up to find out that Engineering had never been told.

I ordered room service on my third night for the next morning. After waiting 15 minutes beyond the appointed time, I called only to find out that they had no record of my order.

Others in my party experienced quite an array of different issues as well. Normally I'd say that I understand problems happen and that it's the resolution that matters. They failed that and they had far too many problems on top of that.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dntla
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Booked by ringing the hotel directly and got a deal on a mini-suite overlooking the Rose Arbor with a promo. The reservation agent was extremely helpful. She also made a booking for dinner at Mediterraneo, the hotel restaurant.

When I arrived to book in at 4pm there was quite a wait as there were 2 wedding parties booking in also. When I got to the room I found it overlooked the carpark with the Golf course in the background. I contacted reception and requested a new room. This time I managed to get exactly what I had booked, a mini-suite overlooking the Rose Arbor with a balcony. I was a bit annoyed by this, why not just give me the room I had initially requested in the first place as it was obviously available and stop wasting valuable time for me during my stay.

After that initial hiccup everything else went well. The room was smallish, clean and nicely decorated in neutral tones with a gas fire in a large fireplace and a big screen TV. The balcony is through white shutters with a sliding glass door, and has two chairs and a table. The bathroom has an oval spa bath and dual sinks. Howver the coffee maker is next to the toilet which is unhealthy, it would be better outside in the bedroom. The bed was a comfortable pillow top with plenty of pillows and nice bedding, with two cozy bathrobes in the cupboard. A Bose radio was beside the bed. Didn't use the internet connection so not sure if they charge.

The grounds are landscaped with a mediterranean feel, a small man made lake, a gazebo, and a fenced swimming pool complete the area. Mediterraneo restaurant was nice, I have reviewed it separately. Bogies Night Club was far enough away from the hotel part of the complex to avoid noise issues.

The continental breakfast is arranged buffet style in the main reception area. We didn't bother as it wasn't much to get excited about especially when there are nice restaurants for brunch in the area.

We had a nice stay overall, we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KiwisLA
Reviewed September 2, 2008

It was a very relaxing and recharging labor day weekend at WVI!
From the moment you enter the estate-like grounds, it makes you feel like you have traveled to the countryside! I especially loved the unique feel of the ambience-- warm, quaint and classy. The stress from city life immediately escapes you. My family and I headed out first to Mediterraneo restaurant for brunch buffet. The resto was amazing. Simply elegant and fancy! The food was good not really that great, but considering the presentation and courteousness of the staff, $30 per head was well worth it. The lobby was not that big, yet really nice. The furnishings are outstanding. Both our Tuscany and St. Tropez rooms were spacious, beautiful, updated, very homey and comfortable. The views from the two rooms we occupied were astounding! Breathtaking. I can almost rate this wonderful place 5 stars if not for the front desk personnel (check in and check out) who I found to be not as friendly or accomodating. I expected a bit of warmth of some sort from them, but didn't really get it..
Still, I enjoyed and loved our stay at Westlake Village Inn. I can't wait to come back next month! My boyfriend and I have actually agreed to make this a monthly tradition! :)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Westlake Village Inn for 2 nights July 20 & 21, 2008 while visiting family in Malibu (just a short drive through the Canyon).
Although we didn't spend too much time there during the day, we found the hotel quite nice. Rooms were nicely upgraded with duvets, plasma TV's, balconies etc.. The lobby and pool areas were very nice. A complimentary continental breakfast is even served in the lobby each morning (fruit, yogurts, bagels, toast, cereal, juice, coffee etc...)
I am fairly picky with hotels and found WVI a pleasant surprise. We will definitely go back there next time we are in the area!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jaimekelowna
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We reserved a block of rooms here because we were getting married nearby and we also hosted an event in a wine cellar overlooking the hotel's lake. The grounds were beautiful, even in the dead of summer, and our friends and family really considered it a destination hotel. The front desk staff were really helpful in answering any of our questions, and the event planner we worked with was helpful and patient. Baby ducklings wandering through the property added the final bit of charm.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed April 14, 2008

For an alleged "upscale" hotel, they can learn a lot. The grounds and architecture are lovely, but this is the third time we've stayed there, and it is obvious that the owner (John Notter) is out of touch. Plumbing problems, shutters that don't close (real pleasant when your room faces east and the sun is glaring in your face), lack of counter space in the bathroom, uncomfortable pillows, dirty carpet, internet that didn't work as advertised (took three calls before someone finally tried fixing it).

Time to sell it to a real hotelier John, the Four Seasons and others are rightfully going to eat your lunch if you can't step up.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!