“Amazing”

Westlake Village Inn
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The property was absolutely amazing! We stayed with our family of 5 in a large suite with a bedroom, walk in closet and kitchenette. The room was huge and large enough to accommodate two adults and 3 children. The pool area was immaculate and inviting. The winery was amazing as were the restaurants on site. The grounds are stunning. It's a short drive to Malibu and the beach. If we're in the area again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: The suites are much nicer than the regular rooms. If you're traveling with children you will wan...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Jer7035805,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here at the property. Our suites do offer amazing versatility in that they can be warm and functional for a family such as yours or romantic if the occasion calls for it as well. There is so much to do here on property from our Food & Beverage outlets to our Tennis Club and it creates such a nice experience to be able to do this all in one place. I am happy that you had the time and opportunity to experience that during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you back here at the Inn again soon!

Robert Witcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property the weekend of the 8th & 9th. The room was clean, comfortable and quite spacious. The restaurants and the bars on the property provide for a number of options depending on your mood and the time of day. Food and service were exceptional. There is a remodeling occurring in one of the buildings at this time which distracts from the overall scenery, but it appears the management is trying to lessen the overall impact it has on your visit here. The hotel staff was very attentive and accommodating when the room I was originally given at check in was found to have been missed by housekeeping. They promptly sent someone over to move me and my luggage to a new, cleaned room. I'm very impressed with this property and am trying to book another trip to this area so my wife and I can enjoy this inn.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear drjcraven,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. The variety of offerings and the scenery of our property is definitely one of our strongest assets. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely appreciate your kind words about our team here at the Inn and I will be sure to share your compliments with them. We are very fortunate to have ownership that is constantly reinvesting into the property and I appreciate your understanding during the work that we are doing.

We look forward to seeing you here at the Inn again soon!

Calabasas, California
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Where to begin....

Instead of writing a long detailed review, i'll just state that the hotel staff is rude, inept and entitled. Specifically a manager named Setareh.

After a string of bad experiences over the past two days including rude reception employees at check-in, small dull rooms (especially for the price), having to walk to reception because they dont pick up the phone, sinks that are clogged and have backwards faucets (wierd i know!), and empty promises of improvment, this manager Setareh was not only not able to offer any help whatsover, she actually tried to demean me by saying "calm down and breath" when i walked (since they dont pick up the phone) to reception to tell them I had enough and was checking out immidietaly (incidentally, it was 10pm on my wedding night).

Setareh continued to argue and attempt to demean me over needing to charge me for that night. My reply.... I could care less and wont spend one more second in a hotel with these employees/managers and customer service like i had received.

Do yourself a favor and dont waste the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brett K
Dear Brett K.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and congratulations on your recent marriage! We wish you both the best as you begin your new life together. We always pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and I apologize that we did not deliver that in this instance. I would like to assist you further. Please contact me directly at Robert_witcher@wvinn.com so that I can assist you.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very pretty and comfortable rooms with a balcony over looking the gardens and golf course, spotlessly clean, beautiful setting. Staff was excellent - helpful, friendly and very responsive. Booked through Tablet hotels and it was spot on. The only drawback was construction on the premises - the staff were very wonderful and switched out the room without a hitch. Will definitely stay again and next time try the restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Paula Z,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your compliments for our team. They work very hard to provide our guests with the best possible experience and really take pride in the property they represent. I appreciate your understanding about the work that we are completing here on property. We are upgrading the restrooms in our Courtyard rooms as well as the HVAC. The final product is really beautiful.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return!

Santa Maria, California
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited on Feb 7th for the weekend on a pre-Valentines Day get away! We had an amazing time! Everything was perfect! The grounds, our mini-suite and restaurants were amazing! Cant say enough about the restaurants! We purchased a voucher from Travelzoo that included a 2-night stay in their Signature Suite, breakfast for 2 served both days in their fabulous Mediterraneo restaurant, 2 wine flights and an appetizer to share from their other restaurant at the Stonehaus! The signature suite wasn't available for the time we wanted to go but they upgraded us to the Mini Suite for only $15 more per night! It was so worth it!!! The room was awesome! The fire place and jacuzzi tub were so nice to enjoy!! The bed was super comfortable and our view of the golf course was stunning! I honestly can't say enough about this place. We also visited Bogies their lounge/nightclub and had a blast! The ambiance was amazing! Beautiful outside bar area with fireplaces and heaters and then inside was another bar, DJ and dancefloor! So much fun!!!! All in all it was an excellent trip and we can't wait until we have another excuse to get away so we can return!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Leah C.,
Happy Valentine's Day and thank you for choosing the Westlake Village Inn for your getaway. I am so happy that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time with us. This property definitely provides one of the most romantic backdrops in the LA area. The diversity of the offering that we are fortunate to have here at the Inn really does make an amazing trip because you can do so much without ever having to leave the property. If you and your boyfriend need any help thinking of getaway excuses give us a call and we'll be happy to help!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I traveled to Westlake Village for work last week and stayed at the Westlake Village Inn. I could sum it up as a resort stay at a hotel price. The room was very comfy, clean and had a great walk out patio. All of the rooms look to have either a walk out patio or balcony depending on what level your room is on. The property is beautifully designed and lighted! I would definitely recommend walking around the property at night to appreciate it's beauty. The on property restaurant (Mediterrano) has excellent breakfast and the onsite bar (Bogies) is a nice lounge with live music on select days. I would definitely recommend checking this place out if visiting near the Westlake Village area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Lemon W.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for your kind words about the property. The night ambiance of our property is beautiful and really showcases the charm of the property. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are very proud of the food and staff at Mediterraneo which has an amazing offer and outstanding food quality.

Thank you again for your kind words and visit to the Inn and please keep us in mind anytime you're looking for a little more California sunshine!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2014

beautiful place to stay, room very clean, great staff --they were very helpful, the food was good, beverage selection was great, beautiful pool, the hotel is right on a golf course . I am very happy I stayed there.

Room Tip: I was in Tuscany Building, great :)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear speedjo,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am privileged to work with an amazing team of people and I thank you for recognizing their efforts. The property has so much to offer and I am happy that you had the opportunity to experience that. With the addition of our Wine Club at the Stonehaus you can actually get some of the wines that we feature here at the property shipped to you.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you here at the Inn again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!