“What a relaxing, beautiful, upscale experience!”

Westlake Village Inn
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Westlake Village Inn once before several years ago and it was even better this time!! The grounds are so beautiful with flowers, fountains, ponds, lights and statues. There were several weddings going on each day outside. Their new Stonehaus is the bomb. It is like a stone Tuscan farm house with wine tasting, salads, sandwiches and light foods as well as wine for purchase. We sat outside under the pergola and tried their 5 wine flight and crostini. We were surrounded by a few vineyards, fire pit, pizza oven and a waterfall. At night there was beautiful lighting and a Spanish guitar playing. How romantic! We had dinner at Mediterraneo and it was terrific. Katie was our waitress and wonderful food and service. The filet with red wine reduction and apple tart were perfection. After reading the reviews I took a sweater and it came in handy. The patio with fireplace or the front patio with the fountain would have been nice too. We did not try the night club. We had a signature suite and it was great with a beautiful, massive fireplace, classy bathroom with another t.v., outside patio with table and chairs and comfy bed. I hate to be picky but could have used better lighting by the couch to read. A wonderful experience! We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Travelendude,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy a lot of the amenities that we have here on property. We are very proud of the Stonehaus and really think that it put a great finishing touch on the outlets here at the Inn.

Thank you for coming back to see us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The grounds of the property are amazing. The food in each of the restaurants were wonderful. I liked the omelettes for breakfast. I also loved the services. They really do a great job. We were there for a work event and they nailed all the details. We learned the property is being renovated in the rooms. This is a good thing. The room is very nice and good with the details, but was dated. Also I did not have hot water. I called maintenance and they came by to fix it, but again it was just luke warm. My room had a shower in the tub. I'm short and had to crawl over it. It is a horrible design and I'm surprised I didn't fall... yikes! In addition, one of the restaurants was supposed to open for breakfast at 7 and they were not open on time. I'm not sure why, but this left several of us without breakfast before our meetings. The gym could also use a face lift. It is small and needs better equipment. Overall, I would stay here again and give it a try after the remodel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Misty K.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do have a beautiful property and the gardens are just coming into bloom so it is a great time here at the Inn. I read your concerns about the rooms and want to thank you for sharing them. We have recently rolled out a new Preventative Maintenance program to help us ensure the consistency of our rooms and are simultaneously working on various renovations.

Thank you again for your stay at the Inn and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in a Deluxe Suite and it was so relaxing and romantic. We had a huge fireplace and our patio had a beautiful view of a waterfall (which we loved listening to) and a view of the golfcourse. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub with a rain shower. On site, there is a bar/lounge called Bogies and a restaurant called Mediterraneo. We had lunch at the restaurant and it was quite good. Walking around the beautiful and tranquil grounds, we came across their very own vineyard and wine tasting room. The weather was too cold for us to enjoy the outdoor pool and we didn't take advantage of the workout room either.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Teresa L.,
The Deluxe Suite is such a beautiful room and I am glad that you enjoyed it. That room creates such a nice getaway feeling and is quite relaxing. Our property has so much to offer and I am happy that you were able to take time and explore it.

Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope to see you back at the Inn again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We only stayed one night, and did not have time to check out the pool and the restaurant, but we loved the setting. The hotel is located close to the freeway, so there is some traffic noise outside. The rooms were lovely and have french doors opening up to the outdoors. Our daughter enjoyed just going around the premises taking photos of the garden. Very quaint!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and your kind words about the property. Our property is continuing to look more and more beautiful as Spring progresses and all of the plants come into bloom. I am glad you and your family had a chance to see it and hope you will return and enjoy some of the amazing outlets that we have here on property.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a brief business trip.

Bed very comfortable. Firm but did not awake with an aching back.

Room is comfortably appointed and clean. My only beef, a slightly bigger flat screen would be nice.

Bathroom was very clean and nice amenities.

The grounds are well maintained and I had a nice walk around the place.

All in all a very nice place to stay and the staff was courteous and friendly.

If I come back, I would stay here again.

Note: I agree with other TA reviews, the complimentary breakfast could use a little beefing up. I think they should at least provide a toaster for the bread and bagels.

While some folks complained about the distance, it really is not that far from the furthest room, but do plan a little extra time to walk to and from or just drive you car over to the Mediterraneo and leave directly from there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Westlake Village Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for the suggestion regarding the toaster. That may be something that we implement.

We hope to see you here at the Inn again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My fiance and I took a quick getaway trip close to home and were somewhat disappointed. The pros and cons:

PROS:
1. Our room had a fireplace - a definite plus. It was a gas-lit fireplace with a two dimmer switches, one next to the fireplace and one next to the bed.

2. Single Keurig machine in the "room", but ...

3. Excellent food at Mediterraneo. My fiance's rib eye was cooked superbly, but my chicken was a bit dry on its own. Good thing the veggies and pesto sauce gave the chicken some "juice". The dessert was yummy - key lime pie.

4. The hotel grounds were beautiful ... enough said.

CONS:
1. The bathroom was left to be desired for - old decor with cracked tiles in the shower, no water pressure in the shower.

2. A rickety Keurig machine in the bathroom (next to the sink - hello fire hazard!) to compensate for something else that was ripped out of the wall (a small TV, perhaps?). And whatever was ripped out of the wall stil had the wooden "shelf" to hold it up and with exposed wiring still curling about with nothing to attach itself to.

3. All rooms come with it's own patio or balcony; however, unless you are in a certain building, all patios and balconies are "shared". With the patios (like ours), it is a long, contiuous shared patio with no separation. With the balconies, from what we saw, the balconies were also on a long, continuous row with a iron gating separating each balcony. The separation is a joke though because there's really no privacy as you can see right through to the neighboring balcony ... in fact, it's one of those open gates where you can slip your hand and arm right through. No privacy at all.

4. Our waiter was completely non-existent at Mediterraneo. After being seated at his table, he came to ask for our drinks. He sent another person to give us our order (not even a bar order yet), who this person had a personality of a doorknob. He didn't say anything to us and did not even acknowledge our brief small talk of "thank you". After being served our water and soda, we waited 15 minutes for someone to ask if we were ready. My fiance, who was once a chef, went up to the front to ask if someone was going to take our order. I imagine because my fiance went up to ask, the waiter (who originally asked us for our drink order) came to us not too long after that and now was acting very snobby to us because we didn't allow him some time to come to us first. 15 minutes with no one even asking if we were ok or ready??? Even after he, and countless others, walked past our table multiple times without even a glance at us??? PLEASE!

All in all, the hotel was a lovely place with some very nice amenities. But with the service at their top-notch restaurant and dilapidated bathroom, we would not come here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank littlehazy12

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Westlake Village Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed our grounds and the fireplace in your guest room. I want to thank you for your candor about the items that you felt need attention and let you know that we have just rolled out a Preventative Maintenance program here at the property to continuously improve the quality and consistency of our guest rooms. It is always our goal to make sure that our guests have a great experience and this is one more way that we are working toward that. I do apologize for the items that you pointed out in the room that you stayed in. We will definitely address these types of conditions.

Thank you again for your stay and feedback. I hope that you will return and see us again at the Inn.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just returned from 6 days in Westlake Village. The hotel and grounds were lovely, the rooms very comfortable and the balconies very enjoyable. The food at the restaurant (Mediterraneo) was delicious, however the complimentary continental breakfast was quite poor. Service at the hotel was quite good and the highlight was the pool area. Gorgeous area for lounging with lots of options for shade or sun. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms on the ground floor have bigger balconies but more noise coming from guests walking a...