“Local treasure!”

Westlake Village Inn
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have attended numerous events at the Westlake Village Inn... from business conferences and general networking groups, to charity auctions and graduation breakfasts... and most memorable, my own wedding reception! Westlake Village Inn never fails to impress! The grounds are beautiful. We frequently have lunch at Mediterraneo, and take a family walk around the lake. Some of my favorite family photos are from there! The WV Inn has a perfect room for any size/type of event. Best of all, is a "staycation". The rooms are classy and comfortable and between the extraordinary service, grounds and amenities, you will feel like you went away!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Westlake Village Inn. Congratulations on your wedding! All of us here at the Westlake Village Inn are honored that you would choose to celebrate such an important and beautiful occasion here with us. We wish you and your family continued prosperity and joy. Our property has so much to offer each guest and I am happy that you have had an opportunity to experience all of the different facets of Westlake Village Inn. It is truly a gem and we are proud to be here to serve such a beautiful community in Westlake Village.

I hope to see you here to experience our newest offering at the Stonehaus. Please stop by and introduce yourself. I always enjoy meeting the guests we are fortunate enough to serve.

There are newer reviews for Westlake Village Inn

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The 17 acre property is a slice of Tuscany brought to Southern California by Mr. John Notter. Staff are always friendly and helpful. The food at Mediterraneo is fantastic, and Bogey's is a perfect place to have a drink after work. The poolside staff are the best, and Joel Luna, the manager of Bogey's, makes you feel like you're at home.
Just wait til the winery opens next month.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn. I am proud that our team and the property we represent made such an impact on your time here in Westlake Village. It is definitely a pleasure to be associated with a property that is truly at the heart of this community. Mr. Notter has been here from the very beginning of Westlake Village and his commitment to the area is unwavering.

We are very excited about the opening of Stonehaus and I hope to see you back here to enjoy this new experience at the property with us.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Westlake Village Inn. The grounds are nicely kept, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were spacious. Unfortunately I didn't spend much time at the hotel, but the time I did spend there was nice. I slept well and enjoyed taking morning walks around the grounds.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Westlake Village Inn. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. We always strive to create an excellent experience for our guests and I am happy that we succeeded.

We know that there are plenty of hotels to choose from in the area and we are honored that you chose to spend your time with us. We hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was our first visit to the Westlake Village Inn. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate and a little far from our room. Reda, the front desk manager, and Setareh, who is also at the front desk, were very helpful and made sure our needs were taken care of. If we are ever in this area again, we would stay at the Westlake Village Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emmy Lou K

Thank you for choosing the Westlake Village Inn. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. I have had the honor of being in this business for over 15 years and still the greatest moments are those when we are able to please our guests and those when I am able to recognize staff members for their exemplary efforts. I appreciate you letting me know how Setareh and Reda were impactful for you during your visit and I will make sure to recognize them both. I understand the distance for breakfast and do apologize for any inconvenience that causes. We are able to provide a much better quality and more consistent experience serving the breakfast out of Mediterraneo.

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us. I appreciate not only your patronage, but the time you took to assist us in making our property even better.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

To start off, I have stayed at the Westlake Village Inn in the past and even organized my sister's post-wedding brunch at the property, but my latest experience was extremely different from my previous interactions with the hotel. Secondly, please note that after my horrible experience with the Westlake Villlage Inn, I called up the Four Seasons Westlake Village and told them about it - they took care of me and we wound up staying there, details below.

I booked a package online for a girls weekend away which offered, among a few small add ons (cocktails, popcorn and movies) a massage and a facial at the onsite spa. As a spa weekend was what we were after, this was the main perk of the package for us and I booked two of them to accommodate 4 of us.

Received a nice vmail from a woman in Reservations asking me to call back to confirm the reservation and book the spa appts. When I call back, I have the misfortune of speaking with Grace who, somehow, oversees the Reservations department??? She puts me on hold for over 6 minutes to begin with, then when I ask her for assistance she sighs and proceeds to have a difficult and rushed conversation with me - it is apparently a major chore for her to help guests on the phone. During the course of the conversation, she tries to help me book the spa appointments but she only books for the facials. When I inquire about how my package includes massages as well, she tells me I am absolutely wrong. When I try to raise the issue again and say I can go look up my email confirmation, she actually yells (really, truly, raises her voice) at me on the phone and says she is positive I am incorrect and that she is right.

Confused, I end the phone call and go straight to my email. I forward my email and a screen shot of the package (both of which list facials as well as massages). No response for several hours to my email. So I call, get a woman who is not Grace on the phone. She seems nice and tries to look up the package for me as I explain my confusion. She says that on the website it reads massage OR facial. After several minutes of me explaining that I have a screen shot and an email that say otherwise, she passes me on to Grace, who is somehow the supervisor in this situation, who tells me it was a typo and they've now corrected. it. "Oh, thats so disappointing, we were looking forward to both services and thats what was listed in the package when I bought it," I say, very nicely. The response is rushed, WITHOUT ANY APOLOGY. I understand things can be tight and difficult to actually honor the package as it was listed, but when the hotel is the one who made the error, or typo in this case, an apology is the very least they can do. Maybe offer a bottle of wine or free breakfast ... I would have even been happy if they'd offered us early check in! But nothing, no remorse, apology, or acknowledgement of their error or their reservation rep's poor handling of my phone call.

Oh, this keeps going. I call the main line and ask to speak to the general manager or manager on duty. I get put through to the Assistant GMs vmail. (I later learned they have been without a GM for several weeks, perhaps resulting in these kinds of situations!) I leave a polite and calm vmail expressing how disappointed I am with the way the Reservations team acted and their lack of an apology, sorrounding the hotel's typo error.

So, thinking I might receive a call back from the Asst GM with an apology at a minimum, I held onto my reservation. Instead I receive a vmail from Grace who says she is responding to my recent voicemail. Isn't it odd that the Asst GM didn't resolve the problem herself and reach out to me right away but isntead simply forwarded my voicemail to someone else to deal with? Grace leaves me an odd and shady voicemail that says she is responding to my recent voicemail, they have a surprise for me but I have to call back to find out what it is. Still no apology. An hour later, another voicemail from Grace saying since I didn't call back, the surprise is that they've upgraded our rooms to connecting rooms (is that really an upgrade?) and that they've given me a discount (but she doesn't say how much). Still no apology!

A little while later, a call back/vmail from the Asst GM. Finally, I receive an apology, but not for their error or Grace yelling at me, but for "the misunderstanding." She also says in her vmail that she looked up my reservation and it "looks like adjustments have been made based on my conversation with reservations." False. Adjustments were made AFTER I left the vmail with the Asst GM.

Needless to say, I cancelled my reservation. No one from the Westalke Village Inn responded to my cancellation. As I stated at the beginning, however, I gave a call over to the Four Seasons Westlake Village, explained to them my experience, and they were more than polite, curteous, sympathetic, and accommodating. They provided me and my friends with a similar package for a smilar rate. At a much nicer resort! Furthermore, with much nicer people to interact with!!!

Don't bother with the Westlake Village Inn - at least not until they make some serious staff improvements!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank LAtotheMoon

Thank you for choosing the Westlake Village Inn. I would like to apologize for the manner in which your reservation experience was handled. I understand the expectation of a guest calling a property of our stature and I can clearly see by the account of your experience that we did not meet those expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and difficulty that you experienced in handling this reservation. I would really like to speak with you about the situation and introduce myself. Can you please contact me at robert_witcher@wvinn.com?

Thank you again for providing us the feedback that is necessary for us to grow and consistently improve the manner in which we assist our guests.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I visit the area often and usually stay in a Hilton property, but this time I choose the Westlake. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were spacious, and much more enjoyable stay. The breakfast was confusing, and the staff wasn't very helpful to explain the complementary breakfast. The hostess in the morning needs to help the guest more to ease the confusion.

I would stay there again if they keep their rates close to the Hilton properties.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank yoiu for choosing the Westlake Village Inn. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear from our guests and understand what our guests value and how our team is able to make an impact for you. I apologize for the confusion that you experienced. The Continental Breakfast went through a bit of an evolutionary process here and I understand the problem you encoutered. Since that time we have worked to create a much more consistent experience for our guests.

We are honored that you chose to stay with us and hope to see you here again in the future. Please introduce yourself because I'd love to meet you.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a lovely resort hotel with spacious, elegantly furnished rooms, gorgeous gardens, private spaces, quiet -- and in the middle of a lovely community -- away from the LA rush. We stayed here three nights at the end of a long trip entertaining foreign guests. It was our recovery time and this hotel served the purpose graciously. Lots of fun restaurants nearby, and friendly locals. We would definitely recommend it for quiet relaxation. Complimentary breakfast was iffy, so we found a local deli. Outdoor bar great fun. And we were entertained by mama ducks and geese and their babies enjoying the gardens and ponds. Enjoyed using the complimentary bikes to explore the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Our preference is to be able to step right out into the gardens, so we chose a first floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to hear how our service and property have impacted the experience of our guests. We truly take pride in the beauty of our surroundings and couldn't be happier to be part of the Westlake Village community. The Westlake Village Inn was the first hotel in this city and it is a history that we embrace. We are always striving to improve and I will be reviewing our Continental Breakfast offering to see how we can improve upon it.

Thank you again for your time and patronage. I hope to meet you next time your travels bring you to our lovely inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!