“A regular stay - when in the area”

Westlake Village Inn
chicago
“A regular stay - when in the area”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

ALWAYS GOOD. They will miss the GM (amy commans) - but lets hope someone fills the gap!

Nice feel

Comfortable Rooms

Great Location

I will stay there, when in the area

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Went for the weekend for our 10 year anniv. The room (we had a suite) was very nice. The bathroom walls were not finished (there were paint patches showing) and the bed was way too mushy for us (not the hotels issue our issue). Here's the thing.....its an upscale resort so you expect to pay higher prices. Drinks at the pool were about $12 for a pina colada and they were just so-so. We ordered a burger ($18 or so) which got delivered by one of the girls working the snack stand and she gave it to us with no napkins and this sentence "we don't have any mustard." For that price she should have turned around and walked back to the restaurant kitchen for mustard. Our package came with a bottle of wine which we never got. I had to ask for it when we checked out. Also, my parents had gotten us a gift certificate for our anniversary which we never got in our room and my boss sent us a bottle of champagne which we never got. When they both told me this my initial response was "maybe I told you the wrong hotel.." well, not true they both had the right hotel...ball dropped, twice.
In regards to the towels at the pool there was plenty you just need to ask. I don't think they keep them out because people just take more than 1 at a time. Honestly, I saw some lady with 3-4 spread out around the pool and she was laying on them (isn't that what chairs are for?).
Medetareo was very nice...we ate at the bar both nights but had way better service the 1st night.....the appetizers are great especially the cured meat and cheese platter and the lemon drop and peach martinis were excellent. The massages were awesome. Big shout out to Carlos he knows his stuff. I've had plenty of massages and his was by far one of the best.
Overall the weekend was nice but the whole gift certificate, lost champagne order and no delivery of the wine really put me in a funk......better pay attention to details gang its the small things that count most.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcy C
Lisa S, Executive Office at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your compliments regarding our amenities. However, we are very sorry your overall experience was less than expected. Please know the issues you mentioned have been discussed with each staff member and steps have been taken to ensure that this will not happen again.

We would greatly welcome the opportunity to show you how incredible your stay here can be, and would like for you to let us know when you will be in our area again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed overnight in a mini-suite to attend our friends' wedding. First off, the wedding was beautiful! The location was idyllic and even though they have four weddings! going at any given time, we never glimpsed another wedding party. Everything seemed very organized and well thought out.
Second, our room was beautiful. The view of the golf course was nice. There were small details that I LOVE in a room. Really nice linens and towels, hair dryer in a nice drawstring bag, a make-up removal towelette and Q-tips in the bathroom, jacuzzi tub with a mini-flat screen in the bathroom, a keurig coffee maker, and pre-order breakfast.
The only complaints I have is that when i asked for extra glasses from room service, I found out that everytime room service comes, there is a $3 fee. I'd rather put that towards a tip to the deliverer. Also the room service breakfast was not great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Forest, IL
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We thought that the hotel looked good online but it wasn't even close to what we expected. IT WAS BETTER! We enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Westlake Village Inn. As soon as we arrived the property looked inviting. The Italian-like grounds were absolutely beautiful. Our suite provided a warm, cosy place for us to feel at home while being far from home. To top it all the staff was incredible. Genuinely friendly and helpful. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here for a week on business. The hotel grounds are beautiful & the room was nice and clean but I just feel like this hotel could do so much better. The bathroom was on the small side and the shower curtain was torn along the top so it didnt close properly. The light switch was also broken beside the bed - small details like this that should be easy to fix appear to be overlooked. On the first night I ordered room service - a simple margerita pizza but it left a lot to be desired. On the first few mornings, there were beer glasses scattered around the corridors & outside of the block. I also heard some parties going on.
Breakfast is in the Mediterraneo restaurant but it is nothing special - some pastries, cereal, mediocre coffee. I found the staff to be a little bit rude at breakfast & despite the fact that there were not enough seats for guests in the the hotel to sit around the bar area at breakfast, guests were not allowed to sit in the main part of the restuarant unless they were paying for a hot breakfast. I even got moved to a table on my own one morning (ie. there was only one chair) rather than be allowed to sit with my colleagues because there was no room at the bar.
The location of the hotel is fine if you have a car. However, I was dependent on taxis during my stay but the hotel did not link to any taxi service, only a luxury car service, which was a little bit silly.
The rooms are organized into little villa style blocks but there is no elevator so i had to drag my case up a flight of stairs by myself (and back down again when I wanted to check out). Again - finishing touches lacking in the place. I can't comment on the pool or gym facilities as I didnt use them.
While I wouldn't say avoid the place altogether, I think there are probably better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the ground floor & make sure it does not overlook the golf course or people can s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lynseyg3
Burbank, California
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed in an Executive Suite for 2 nights. The wifi was intermittent. The toilet backed up. Service in the restaurant was non-existent. Service at the pool was slow and rude. Maid showed up as I was getting ready for dinner. Room was still only partly cleaned. I will not return. I recommend you find another hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Brian B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My 3rd or 4th stay at Westlake was two months ago, and I am increasingly bummed out about how the service & attention to detail (and guest experience) has slipped.

My biggest pet peeve is the constant lack of towels at the pool. This has been the case every time I've stayed there. Every time, I always walk to the front desk & let them know that the towel service is a little slow & to please service the pool area more frequently. They don't. I think they must bring out a big batch first thing in the morning & then just never check on it again. So if you get there at 4 or 5pm, you're out of luck for towels.

But my biggest complaint, and it's a doozy, is the NIGHTMARE I experienced two months ago, of being rudely awakened at 3 am by an extremely loud of party that had just entered the room right below mine. They were drunk and LOUD--I mean, SHOUTING at each other loud, loud music, the whole nine. I immediately called the front desk & they said they would handle it. Twenty minutes pass and the party is still raging. I go down there & bang on their door & ask them to quiet down. They didn't. I called the front desk again, they said they would send security right away. Twenty minutes later, the party was still raging. I called the front desk a THIRD time, now approaching 4 am, and finally they said they would call the police. About twenty minutes later, it finally quieted down. The man at the front desk called to apologize & said, "I knew I shouldn't have booked them a room tonight."

So, what did I, a returning guest, get for this absolutely unconscionable experience? Nothing. They didn't offer to comp that night for me, give me a gift certificate toward a future stay...NOTHING! I was furious. The property was practically EMPTY during my stay and it is totally inexcusable to put a party of drunk people right beneath a guest paying hundreds of dollars to get a good nights sleep.

I really couldn't believe their total lack of care or concern about my experience at their hotel. I had to ASK for a late checkout that night, just so I could try to fall asleep after 4 am because of their incompetence.

I still think it's a beautiful property, but for a hotel trying to win a national service award as "best property," it is beyond comprehension that they did literally not a single thing to make this right.

Room Tip: When you check in, be sure to insist that no late parties be booked in or around your room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Residence Inn Los Angeles Westla...
#4 of 4 in Westlake Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!