“Good Location”

Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Came to the area for a family event. Location is just off Hwy 101. Ordered a two room suite. At the time of the reservation, we were told that they had one of the rooms with two beds. Not the case when we arrived. Had to get a rollaway instead which obviously clogs the living room/ kitchen up. Breakfast area is small. They ran out of food one morning. Our bathroom was a little dirty when we checked in. There is The Counter and Lure in the same parking lot with two new restaurants coming in real soon. Parking can be a little iffy early evening because of the restaurants but it opens up later on in the night. Overall not bad. Depending on the circumstances we may come back.

Room Tip: For two bedroom rooms, they don't have room for two doubles in one of the rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank scootercus
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Hello scootercus,

I am sorry for the confusion on the two bedroom suite description, I hope that it did not cause too much of an inconvenience for you. I appreciate you taking the time for the feedback. We will make every effort for you to enjoy your next trip to the area.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Would have been ok if my credit card had not been charged to the max by this place. BEWARE. They ran my credit card so many times that the bank put a fraud alert on my account. Then when they couldn't get more charges on my card, they asked me to have a friend give a card.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cham S
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Cham S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. I will make sure that the front desk staff reviews procedures and follows proper check-in protocol. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and hopefully next time you will have a better experience.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just came back to Toronto from California after having stayed at the hotel for the Memorial Weekend. The wedding actually took place across the street at the Four Seasons Hotel, but being a loyal Marriott member, we stayed with this hotel. Best move! Free breakfast, free parking, lovely staff, excellent accommodations, free WiFi, a great firepit to relax around at the end of the day. Ample seating around the pool - it was the perfect choice and a great room rate!
The receptionist even pronounces our name correctly for the morning wake up call. We would come back here in a heartbeat knowing what was waiting for us, when we return to Westlake Village.

Room Tip: Try the 4th floor as you have a lovely view and no noise above you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Hello Ellen S.,

Thank you very much for the kind review, I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.If you find yourself back in the area, please stop by, we would love to see you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a week because our house was getting some major work done. Our room was very clean and relaxing. Everything was in working order but the freezer fan was definitely going out... Very noisy when it turned on.
The breakfast here is very sufficient and we ate there most every morning. Typically has scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, ham or sausage, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, toast, juices, coffee, tea and a morning paper... not too shabby at all. They even upgraded the hall lights while we were there and it made things much brighter.
My only issue beyond the noisy freezer fan was the palm trees scraping the side of the building when the wind blew.
Overall this is a great hotel in a very convenient location just off the 101. We will stay here again if needed and recommend it to our out of town friends.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelIsAsTravelDoes
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We booked a two room suite for one night at this hotel. The hotel was under construction so it was a little confusing to find the lobby. When I booked the hotel I requested a room on an upper floor and a crib for our infant. Two days prior to arriving at the hotel I got an email from the manager welcoming us and asking if there was anything special they could do for us. I thanked her and then asked again for a room on an upper floor and a crib. She responded that it would be no problem. When we checked in they were not able to give us an upper floor, and we had to ask twice once we got to the room for a crib, but finally got it. Other than that small snafu the rest of the stay was great. The beds are some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on at a hotel. Recent renovations made the hotel shine. The pool area looked very nice but we did not use. The breakfast was typical of any Residence Inn, however the breakfast room was a little cramped and odd shaped. The hotel is in a very nice area with lots of restaurants to choose from. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing it in this area. Malibu is about 30 minutes away and has some very nice beaches. We also saw the Reagan Presidential museum which was very nice and also about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear juhoo26,

Thank you very much for recommending us. We appreciate the time it took to let us know about your trip and I am happy to know that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your time with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Spent a week here at the end of March. Since we are from So Calif, it was the perfect location for us. Easy freeway access to get us where we needed to go. We chose this because it is pet friendly, comfortable, clean and updated. There was construction going on, which is good to see that the property is being maintained and updated. We had a deluxe one bedroom, mini kitchen and free wii-fi. The room was clean, updated and comfortable. We were missing a couple of supplies, but housekeeping took care of that with a phone call. The free breakfast is pretty standard, but has a variety of choices. We went to one evening social on BBQ day. We had dinner at Lure, right across the parking lot. Very good food. We will stay here again on our next visit to Calif.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ken P, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hello Sharon P,

Thats great to hear that you were able to enjoy the BBQ social while you were with us along with all the amenities that your Suite had to offer and the choice of great restaurants in our parking lot. If you find yourself in the area again, please stop by to say hi!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights while celebrated a good friend's wedding. The wedding was across the street at the Four Seasons but since I could use and earn Marriott points, I decided to stay here. Great location and near good shopping. I love residence inn because of the suite layout and kitchenette. It is very cosy. My only complaint was that I had been having difficulty all day with my credit card and the bank put a fraud protection block on it because I was making frequent purchases all over Southern Cal that day. My card was declined when I checked it, however, when I spoke to the bank later that evening, my card was actually charged by Marriott although they said it was declined and I provided a different card. I was too tired to make a fuss about it and I had the bank remove the charge. But my eyebrows are surely raised because of this. Anyhow, like I said, love the Marriott chain.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello dexter619,

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your friends wedding. I apologize about any confusion regarding your credit card. We look forward to seeing you agin when you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Westlake Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles Westlake Village? Share your experiences!