Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Westlake Village Inn(Westlake Village)
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Regency Westlake(Westlake Village)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
1,562 results
All reviewsindoor poollobby loungegreat spawaterfall viewlongevity institutepool staffluxury hotelroom servicesteam roombeautiful propertythousand oaksself parkingfitness centersouthern californialos angelesbeverly hillssanta barbara
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2013

From before we arrived the service level was already there when they emailed a couple of days before arrival making sure that everything was in place and asking if they could do anything else for us.

We were at the hotel for a friends wedding. Our room with a view of the waterfall was great. A good size, all the luxury amenities you'd expect and more.

A very comfy bed guaranteed a good night sleep every evening.

Concierge were excellent and lent us a pair of cuff links for the wedding we were going to.

We had a hair cut when we were there and I had Billy, the main man, who was a really lovely guy and very friendly. It was like no other haircut experience I've had and I'd recommend it.

The pool area was great, although hard to find as it was in the spa and there's no directions to this one, only the indoor pool, which has a totally different vibe.

When checking out I thought I'd lost car keys (they were at the bottom of my bag of course) but the chap on reception was very helpful and came with me on my quest to find them. Rather than in other hotels, they'd leave you to it, he joined the search.

Only two negatives really and one was the price of the Sunday Brunch, which wasn't advertised. The food itself was really good and the choice was very varied. I think it was $80 per person, which is the most I've ever paid for a brunch and I'm not convinced that there is value in this price, having dined in some excellent restaurants and paid less for dinner for a la carte than this price for brunch.

Only other element was the food service at the pool. To cut a long story short, I gave up and cancelled the order because it took too long. They then offered to send it to my room, which I accepted but that then took another hour, so when it arrived it was way too late, especially as they still expected me to pay for it :-(

That being said, I'm sure it was a one off and it wouldn't stop me going back.

This really was a great hotel and there were plenty of locals who escape to the spa there for a day, which is a good indication.

I'd definitely return and recommend it.

Room Tip: Go for a Waterfall View
1  Thank Loz003
Mo_Elbanna, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Loz003,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review following your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. We are so pleased that you found our staff to be both courteous and professional, and that you enjoyed our accommodations (indeed, there is nothing quite like sleeping on a Four Seasons bed). On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back again then next time your travels bring you out this way.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We took advantage of their "Friday Night Fever" deal and spent a wonderful day and a half relaxing in luxury. The deal includes one night, discounts at the spa and restaurants and a welcome drink. It also allowed for early check- in so that we could enjoy the whole day at the beautiful pool where we had lunch brought to us poolside. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. We are already planning our next "staycation."

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The reservations process needs improvement. My husband phoned the hotel directly to make the reservation. On August 14, 2013, the reservationist who took the reservation promised him she would email a confirmation along with all the details of the package inclusions. She never followed through. My husband phoned the hotel a week later, but the person that answered the phone said their system was down and connected him to the central reservations center. That reservationist indicated the package included one free spa service. When asked to email the confirmation along with those details, central reservationist stated it had to come from the hotel and promised to have the hotel send an email with details. Nothing arrived, so two days later husband phoned the hotel again. He received no help. I finally contacted the hotel via website, once to request hotel reservation confirmation and another to inquire of the menu at one of the restaurants. The reservation confirmation inquiry was never acknowledged. A person did respond to the restaurant inquiry. I asked her if she could help my husband get the details of his confirmation. By the time someone actually phoned him, three days before our arrival, the spa had no available appointments!!! So we spent the night at this hotel but were unable to get spa appointments due to the lack of reservations follow through. Courtney was not willing to extend the discount to the next day, so overall, the reservation service was AWFUL. My husband is not willing to return to this hotel based on the reservation experience alone. He intended it to be a special weekend, but since he could not get spa appointments, he cancelled the second night.
As far as the hotel itself: The rooms are nice and exceptionally clean. The marble bathrooms offer one sink, a comfortable tub for one person, a shower with a seat, shower head and handheld shower, three nice and absorbent bath towels, two wash cloths, two nice robes, and fragrant L'Occitane products. The bed was very comfortable with luxurious sheets. The large desk had two very comfortable chairs, one on each side. In addition, the room has a safe, spacious closet, a large HDTV with DVD player, a comfortable chair and ottoman, and small mini bar with coffee maker. The are lighted door signs for Do Not Disturb and Make Up Room - this is a nice feature. The hotel has a card that can be put out to request either USA Today, LA Times or WSJ paper - complimentary paper and delivery included in the room. Room service is very prompt. Our coffee was delivered on the dot and exactly as ordered sans the cream, only milk is available. Note: a large pot of coffee with two mugs is $11, no delivery fee is charged and an automatic 18% gratuity added - very reasonable, especially for a Four Seasons. The hotel bar has a nice lunch menu, our server Kathy was excellent. The Lobby Lounge offers a Friday Night Market Buffet which is quite good and very reasonable. Although it is a buffet, the staff is quite attentive to each table. Our server, Stefano, is fantastic - try to be seated in his section. The food is fresh, prepared nicely, presented well and the buffet is replenished promptly. The spa pool was very busy on Friday. The staff at the pool is attentive as well. A few negatives about the pool area: umbrellas are small and do not protect due to the material used, the cement is slippery, even after I watched several people slide after getting out of the pool, I actually slid and fell walking from the pool to my lounge chair. Lastly, the pool bar is unable to make special requests although I suspect if you are rock star famous they might try to accommodate the request and go to the main hotel bar to fulfill the order. The indoor pool is nice, plenty of seating at that pool yet it does reek of chlorine. We were able to use the spa facility, it is lovely. The lounge area is beautiful, comfortable lounge beds with orchids and serene waterfalls. The outdoor rock waterfall is quite pretty too. The marble steam room is clean as are the showers. Lovely facility. Maintenance staff and housekeeping staff are to be commended. We noticed these employees were very friendly to guests when they passed us in the hallways. The fitness center is amazing!!! Plenty of cardio and weight equipment, some of the spin bikes are fantastic, this is one of the best fitness centers I've seen at a hotel. As for location, it is across from a high school and Dole Headquarters. Other than the hotel restaurants, you must drive to other restaurants in the Thousand Oaks area. The beach is approximately 15 miles down a canyon road. The hotel did not offer any discounts at any of the nearby golf courses. Overall, this property should have emailed the hotel confirmation with the package information within an hour of taking our reservation. They dropped the ball and it was challenging to get anyone to send the email. My husband had to call and call and call and then finally, I was able to get the restaurant person to assist with getting Courtney to call my husband. By that time, spa appointments for the discount day were unavailable. The pool was busy, it was hot and no umbrellas offered protection. So for us, we would opt to go to spas in Bev Hills or Santa Barbara before we return here. For the same price, we've experienced better service at properties that are in better locations. Nothing special here, but if you want to be in this suburb, it is a nice place.

Room Tip: The upgrade for a pool view is not worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mo_Elbanna, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback, and for visiting us here in Westlake Village. We truly appreciate your business and for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear you found the spa facilities and your room to your liking. At Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village we work very hard to ensure our guests experience is nothing but the best, from the moment they make a reservation to the second they check out. We are very sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant and smooth experience during you reservation process. It is not typical and we want to apologize again for the lack of response you received. Your comments have not gone unheard, and we will ensure to address this experience with our reservations team to ensure this does not happen again. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future so we may show you a true Four Seasons experience.

Please feel free to contact me to further discuss.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We chose this hotel for a four day getaway and were pleasantly surprised by the first class service from the minute we arrived at the door until the attendants loaded our next destination into the GPS and filled the cup holders with bottled water. We stayed in the waterfall suite which has a great view over the grounds and plenty of space to relax. The room includes a bar, sitting area, and elegantly appointed marble bath with separate tub and shower.

As an example of the great service, we brought a special bottle of champagne with us that we left on the bar before going to dinner one evening. When we returned the champagne was on ice with polished glasses sitting to the side. Everyone seemed to anticipate what we needed and were more than happy to provide it. We can't wait for our next trip there.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the waterfall. The other side is more commercial.
1  Thank TxCrazy

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us following your recent visit to the property. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and in particular, that you enjoyed some of the amenities and services that we were able to provide you (such as the champagne set up and transportation service). Sometimes it's the details that make the experience that much more memorable. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I don't know where to begin, every element was exceptional. The staff was unfailingly polite, helpful, smart and kind. The property is exquisite -- I would describe its decor as English country house with asian antiques. Our room was huge. At one point I contemplated that we could set up a ping pong table in it with room to spare. Best of all our room was QUIET, even though the first room off the elevator. The food at every restaurant and room service was delicious. Fresh, flavorful, healthy. The hotel's Onyx restaurant is now the place to beat in our quest for melt-in-your-mouth sushi and Alaskan Black Cod. I was in LA for surgery at Skull Base Center Los Angeles, with Dr. Hrayr Shahinian, so my recovery took place here, a few miles from the Los Robles Medical Center and Hospital. I could not have asked for more. The hotel property includes the California Wellness Center, a $50million medical and SPA center that is rated by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the top spas in the world. The medical spa concierge Rachel Hostetler bent over backwards to arrange for me the night before surgery acupuncture, massage and chiropractic treatments. I went into surgery the next day relaxed, at peace, and came through with flying colors. Then for 10 days I had treatments at the spa to help recovery, most memorably with massage therapist Yukari, a dedicated practitioner with a true healing touch. Meribelle, the spa manager even asked her to come in on her day off, the day before I left, for a final treatment, and she did, with such a generous and kind spirit. Would that EVERYONE had access to such peace, beauty and superb practitioners as they recovery from surgery. We would very much like to return to this property someday, when it doesn't involve a brain tumor! I'm completely well now, and remembering our stay there with great fondness. Dianna Milam

Room Tip: The waterfall side of the hotel is worth a slight upgrade fee. We paid $25.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank panam67

Hello Dianna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed, glowing review following your recent visit to our property. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here, and that you had an opportunity to enjoy Chef Masa's signature cuisine at ONYX during your visit. I was especially glad to learn that your experience at The Spa and at California Health & Longevity Institute exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff and make sure that to acknowledge the excellent service provided by Rachel, Maribel and Yukari in those aforementioned departments. Again, Dianna, thank you so much for the lovely feedback. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future, perhaps simply for a little R&R next time.