“Gem in the Village”

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great property and fantastic staff. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. Rooms are very large and very clean. The two restaurants offer a great range of quality food. The health club is large by hotel standards. The spa offers a wide range of quality services. There are two pools that are crystal clean. This is a very high end property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

994 - 1,000 of 1,435 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2013

First off, I am a BIG loyal FS customer and have stayed at numerous FS properties for many many years. I always go back for their attention to detail in services and amenities, and a level of trust and confidence in the quality of the FS experience . But after my stay last weekend, I will have some serious doubts to book again. I visited the Westlake Village last weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday for a girls getaway. Other than the buffet dining which still had some hiccups, the entire stay was extremely disappointing. The property must have experienced a busy weekend, but every single commom restroom area we entered was dirty, unstocked (pool bathroom and main lobby bathrooms had no toilet paper!) and towels were replaced with paper towels thrown across the bathrooms. The service at the pool area and the womens spa area were the biggest disappointments. I even tipped the host $20 upfront in hopes of special attention, but on two separate occasions, we had to flag down servers repeatedly and waited nearly 40 minutes to get the attention of someone to place an order, and then waited another 20 minutes to actually get our food. Towards the mid-afternoon on Friday, there were no clean towels by the pool available, but a tall pile of dirty pool towels thrown on the floor right next to our chairs. Along the same lines, after I showered after our day of poor service by the pool, I came out of the shower and again, no clean towels. Women were looking for towels, razors, etc...all unavailable. There were a handful of other issues we encountered that I won't go into the details here. Simply put, I expect more from a luxury hotel, especially a Four Seasons. In contrast, I stayed at the Montage Laguna Beach the exact weekend before, and the quality of service and enjoyment couldn't be any more different. Additionally, a good friend recently stayed at the Four Seasons Bora Bora and she experienced similar BIG missteps in service, though not quite as embarrassing as the WV issues. It's sad but it seems that the excellent service that once was a stamp of the Four Seasons is dwindling.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Eunice S
Mo_Elbanna, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Eunice S,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us following your recent visit to our property. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to each of our guests so I was disappointed to hear about your experience, particularly the lack of attention you received at our spa and pool. The lapse in service you described is not up to our standards and I assure you that I will be following up with our team to address these issues. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your recent visit, and invite you to please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. Again, I want to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warmest Regards,
Mohamed Elbanna
Hotel Manager
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Phone: (818) 575-3004
email: mohamed.elbanna@fourseasons.com

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Always a great experience. Very high class and extraordinarily well kept. From room service to valets, the staff treat you exceptionally well without making you feel uncomfortable. Centrally located to great restaurants, golf courses and shopping. Of all the 4-5 star hotels and resorts I've visited, Four Seasons, Westlake Village is my favorite getaway in Southern California region, hands down.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Extremely busy yet a haven of tranquility just 30 mins from LA. The spa is truly world class. And the pool staff go way, way beyond anywhere else. Love it. Our secret Saturday night getaway! We kinda hope that it stays that way and not too many other start using it the way we do!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent a weekend at the FS Westlake village to get away from the chilly, foggy San Francisco summer. The property is beautiful with views of the mountains, a man made waterfall, and well kept grounds. We had a deluxe waterfall-view room. Everything in the room was perfect except for the tapestries with floral prints. Actually, throughout the hotel, there were floral patterns everywhere which were a bit of an eye sore.

We spent most of our time at the adult pool and spa. The pool is rectangular with lounge chairs set up around the periphery. You can pretty much see and hear everyone's business since the pool is on the small side and because of the way the chairs are located. On both days we were there, it seemed as if the majority of the individuals at the pool were locals who were spending the day there. You could see a lot of body tattoos. The pool didn't have the serenity of other FS resorts but could have easily passed for a hotel on the Vegas strip.

The spa was nice with a steam rooms, jacuzzis, and various treatments available.
There is also an indoor poor for families and children without pool side service.
We also walked by a game room that had a pool table, foosball table, and video games.

Sunday brunch was amazing with sparkling wine and mimosas.

The property is located away from any beach or popular areas in LA. Each time we left the hotel, we were stuck in traffic on 101. One night, when returning from dinner in Beverly Hills, it took us more than 1 hour to return due to multiple accidents on 101.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FIFItheWorldTraveler
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last week I returned to the Four Seasons in Westlake Village for a week long stay. It was perfect, as it always is. Every staff person is the best in the business at what they do from the front door to the front desk, to the concierge, to the spa and pool to the bar, lobby lounge and Onyx, to housekeeping, to room serve, and all others, were all excellent. I can only speak positively about this wonderful hotel and the very special staff team there. I look forward to my next visit and I recommend it to others highly.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Family wedding, all the family were staying at the 4Seasons. Wanted to stay at someplace that cost less but everything else was booked. Sooo glad we did stay there. Our room rate turned out to be significantly less because we were part of the wedding.

Wonderful food, amenities (pool, spa, same day dry cleaning, great gym). Room was well appointed, bed incredibly comfortable. Very good restaurants in neighborhood. Staff very determined to meet our needs.

As a venue for the wedding: best wedding I have ever been to. Ceremony outside by waterfalls. Dinner was delightful. But the dance band - The Durell Coleman Band - covered everything from Motown, Michael Jackson, Prince, Journey, funk, straight ahead jazz standards, straight ahead rock & roll, a ton more, and a classical trio for the wedding ceremony itself) worked it all night. 4 great singers, horn section and a guitar who could play anything.

I had given the hotel some feedback (a correction on their website) and the marketing director sent me a delightful fruit tray and handwritten thank you note. Nice touch.

We plan to return to enjoy the place on our own. Worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Westlake Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!