“Amazing Four Seasons Resort”

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Overall, I would give the Four Seasons Westlake Village 4.5 stars out of 5. We spent the Fourth of July weekend there and didn’t leave the resort once (my first time at the resort). This is one of the most beautiful hotels I’ve ever been too – the interior and the exteriors are absolutely gorgeous.

Reservations – easily done on their website and called them to add a room to my reservations. Both were pretty uneventful which is what you want when making reservations.

Getting There / Check-in – a driver picked us up at LAX. His name was Dean and he got us to the hotel ASAP by taking side roads when traffic impeded our progress. Check-in was uneventful. Again this is pretty much what you want. No surprises.

Lobby Lounge – We had lunch at the Lobby Lounge. The wait staff was awesome. Highly recommend the steak and fries. The day of check-in was the only time we had lunch. We dinner here dinner during an all you eat seafood buffet (I think they call it the Pacific Market). I was OK, nothing really special, though the crab legs and oysters (on the menu, not part of the buffet) were the highlights of the meal.

Onyx - We ate the Onyx for some really good sushi – everything we had was delicious and very fresh. So I’m not going to recommend anything since I don’t think you can go wrong with anything on the menu.

Breakfast – Hands down, the dining highlight. In the Lobby Lounge, buffet breakfast with an omelet chef, an absolutely gorgeous spread of fruit assortments, and the usually but very delicious assortment of breakfast goodies.

Spa – easily the best spa I ever visited. Select any service – I doubt you can go wrong. Go poolside for a tan and some drinks/food (recommend the mojitos & the salsa & chips).

Rooms – Spacious and very comfortable beds. Typical Four Seasons, decorated nicely with a very bathroom.

Bar / Lookout Lounge – great view, great liquor selection (including my favorite, black label Bushmills), and I recommend the build it yourself ice cream (120 possible combinations).

Check-out – Got what I wanted, no surprises.

Nice Touches - There is an indoor swimming pool attached to the hotel. This is a kid friendly pool whereas the outside one with the spa is strictly 18 and over. Everyone recognized us when we came back to the pool, lounge or wherever and greeted us with a welcome back

Drawbacks – nothing terrible. On occasion our orders were forgotten (promptly fixed when we inquired about it). The in room safe stopped functioning (wasn’t a big deal to me).

Thinking of going? Do it, you won’t regret it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Manny510
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you have to spend the night in the Westlake, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard areas of LA, you should try the Four Season's. I know it might be a little pricey, but I think you can find reasonable rates if you do some planning. The staff is excellent from the moment you pull in the driveway. The beds are super comfortable. You have to use the fitness center while you are there - plenty of machines, weights and drinks. The grounds are very beautiful and with the mild California mornings, its great to drink a coffee outside.

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the Gardens.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I loved the view outside my room, and the room was possibly the most comfortable I've ever spent a night in. I would say this place is awesome, amazing, and the staff were quite friendly as well. I would give this a 10/10 if I could, as I enjoyed the overall feel to this place. Just wish the restaurant was open later.

Room Tip: They may ask you to upgrade, but the rooms are very nice. I would ask for the view of the mountain...
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Awesome hotel. I always feel appreciated, the grounds are amazing, the pool and spa are relaxing and serene, the food is delectable and the staff is the best. I won't stay anywhere else in the LA area.

Room Tip: Request something overlooking the waterfalls
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very recommended, beautiful place, take a trip to the lake as well, and its easy to access Los Angeles. The hotel have everything you need, and the service is outstanding. Very good kitchen. fantastic pool area, and amazing spa.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have experienced fantastic services in Four Seasons hotel in Westlake village in Jun. Every staff is smile all the time. You may get friendly greeting when you check in at the front desk. Room size is average with big size bathroom. Inside and outside swimming pool is fine.

I would like to give more credit to this hotel about opening 24h gym and inside swimming pool.

However, this is not a modern type of hotel considering condition. In strict perspective, its details are below my personal expectation of Four Seasons hotel though room price is still same as other Four Seasons. Thus, if you are looking for a fancy hotel, you may need to double check its condition before booking.

Also this hotel does not have any save points or mileages policy.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Best spot for a quick weekend getaway with the girls or your husband . The price tag on this hotel is far less than other similar properties. The spa and pool area are wonderful. Can't say enough! Wish they served a breakfast menu at the pool- we found the pool menu a bit limited for several days in a row. Our room was great and for our second stay they upgraded us to a suite which was fabulous. I think we ate at all of the on site restaurants and they were great. Easy to valet park And easy to find off the highway. Feel like this place is a well kept secret.

• Stayed: August 2012
Westlake Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!