Overall, I would give the Four Seasons Westlake Village 4.5 stars out of 5. We spent the Fourth of July weekend there and didn’t leave the resort once (my first time at the resort). This is one of the most beautiful hotels I’ve ever been too – the interior and the exteriors are absolutely gorgeous.
Reservations – easily done on their website and called them to add a room to my reservations. Both were pretty uneventful which is what you want when making reservations.
Getting There / Check-in – a driver picked us up at LAX. His name was Dean and he got us to the hotel ASAP by taking side roads when traffic impeded our progress. Check-in was uneventful. Again this is pretty much what you want. No surprises.
Lobby Lounge – We had lunch at the Lobby Lounge. The wait staff was awesome. Highly recommend the steak and fries. The day of check-in was the only time we had lunch. We dinner here dinner during an all you eat seafood buffet (I think they call it the Pacific Market). I was OK, nothing really special, though the crab legs and oysters (on the menu, not part of the buffet) were the highlights of the meal.
Onyx - We ate the Onyx for some really good sushi – everything we had was delicious and very fresh. So I’m not going to recommend anything since I don’t think you can go wrong with anything on the menu.
Breakfast – Hands down, the dining highlight. In the Lobby Lounge, buffet breakfast with an omelet chef, an absolutely gorgeous spread of fruit assortments, and the usually but very delicious assortment of breakfast goodies.
Spa – easily the best spa I ever visited. Select any service – I doubt you can go wrong. Go poolside for a tan and some drinks/food (recommend the mojitos & the salsa & chips).
Rooms – Spacious and very comfortable beds. Typical Four Seasons, decorated nicely with a very bathroom.
Bar / Lookout Lounge – great view, great liquor selection (including my favorite, black label Bushmills), and I recommend the build it yourself ice cream (120 possible combinations).
Check-out – Got what I wanted, no surprises.
Nice Touches - There is an indoor swimming pool attached to the hotel. This is a kid friendly pool whereas the outside one with the spa is strictly 18 and over. Everyone recognized us when we came back to the pool, lounge or wherever and greeted us with a welcome back
Drawbacks – nothing terrible. On occasion our orders were forgotten (promptly fixed when we inquired about it). The in room safe stopped functioning (wasn’t a big deal to me).
Thinking of going? Do it, you won’t regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to both Los Angeles and Malibu, Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village offers a convenient destination for both business and leisure with extensive meeting space, diverse dining options, acres of gardens, an award-winning spa, state-of-the-art fitness facilities and a variety of unique health and wellness programs at California Health & Longevity Institute. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
- Four Seasons Westlake Village
- Westlake Village Four Seasons