“Fantastic Weekend Get-Away” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

and 1 more site!
“Fantastic Weekend Get-Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a two-night get-away from Los Angeles. Great rooms and very accommodating service. The best part of the hotel is the spa and outdoor pool, which are connected. Spa is very well kept and had a large steam room. Pool area has plenty of lounges, all of which are well situated Vis-a-Vis sun and pool.
The only soft spot is the food. The main restaurant seems to be full time buffet. Onyx is ok.
The bar is great. Very comfortable and well-balanced drinks.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review on TripAdvisor. We're delighted that you had a pleasant two-night getaway from the LA area, and I'm especially glad to hear that you enjoyed our spa and outdoor Serenity Pool during your stay. We hope to welcome you and your wife back again soon, and again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Front desk and door staff were delightful. Room okay, perfectly clean, but even the view room looked to the freeway beyond....and the toilet area of the bathroom was separated by a shower door (????) which gave only "visual" privacy.
Big issue was the restaurant--we opted out of the Asian one and sat in the "bar" area off the lobby. Our waiter seemed to suffer from both hearing loss (loud!) and ADD (we rarely saw him--food pushers would bring each course, and not always correctly). The dinner was mediocre at best--definitely not up to the Four Seasons standard. And not inexpensive either. We are fine with hotel dining being expensive--but there should be value for the price and that was not evident here!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us here on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your compliments of the service you received at the front desk and drive, however we are disappointed to hear that this level of service and quality fell short of your expectations in The Bar. I have shared your feedback with our food & beverage team in an effort to improve the guest experience. Please feel free to contact us directly if there is any way we may be of further assistance. Again, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a suite and another room. Both were lovely. The suite had more amenities and was much better than a regular room. We had our golden retirever and hamster with us and they were made to feel just as welcomed as we were!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing a review of your recent stay with us. It is especially rewarding to hear from one of our local guests, and we truly value your support in the community. I'm delighted that you and your family (and pets) enjoyed a wonderful visit from check-in to check-out, and we will warmly welcome you all back again anytime! Thanks again for the lovely feedback.

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I went to the hotel for a weekend getaway. We've stayed at five-star hotels before, but never a Four Seasons. Our expectations were high. The personnel were wonderful. Our room was nice, but nothing exceptional. The flat-screen T.V. had poor reception.The bathroom, however, was gorgeous and very large with lots of counter space. Our main problem was with the bar and restaurant drinks and food. We had to send back two different cocktails in the bar because, although they were supposed to be fruity, sweet drinks, they were bitter. The waitress was very patient and helpful and didn't charge us for the first round. Our hamburger and fries arrived luke warm. At that point I was too shy to complain again. We ordered room service for dinner and chose salmon. It was fried! Who fries salmon? Of course it was dry. The rest of the meal was good and the hot bread delicious. I'm assuming that they bake the bread in-house. The rest of the weekend we ate elsewhere. I agree with the woman who complained about the self-parking. I used valet parking the first night, but it took too long to get a valet to notice us and retrieve our car. I thought it tacky that the hotel charged for self-parking and some wifi access. Only e-mail and basic internet access was free. If I wanted to watch a video or a movie on my Kindle, there was a daily charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne32513
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel. We greatly value such detailed feedback as it gives us a chance to recognize our staff for providing excellent service, and also allows us the opportunity to make improvements to the guest experience. I was very sorry to hear that our dining outlets fell short of your expectations, and I've shared your comments with our restaurant management team for follow up. Again, we sincerely appreciate your bringing this to our attention. I hope we'll have the chance to welcome you and your daughter back again in the near future.

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This property upholds the Four Seasons standards. The rooms are large and lovely. The odd numbered rooms have beautiful views of the hills and outdoor landscapes. Room service is perfect and timely. The hotel staff, Eduardo in Room Service and the entire front desk team are outstanding. Be careful when using the privately owned hair and nail salon. Their prices are over the top for the service and quality of stylists they have. This location is best for business travelers or people looking for a healthy retreat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing this delightful review of your recent stay with us. It is especially rewarding to be able to recognize a particular department or member of our staff for going above and beyond, and I am thrilled to share your thoughtful feedback with Eduardo and the room service management as well as the entire front office team. Again, thank you so much for the positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back again the next time your travels bring you out to Southern California.

Huntington Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel! 20 minute drive to Pepperdine and Malibu...easy commute to airport if you avoid rush hours. Very clean, classic and quiet. Luxurious rooms and friendly service. One of my favorite hotels and I am an experienced, picky traveler!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great review and thoughtful comments following your recent stay with us! I'm so glad that you enjoyed a nice, easy commute to the Pepperdine campus (go Waves!) and Malibu proper, and I hope we have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

From the time I called to make the reservation directly with the hotel, to my checking in and arriving in the room was disappointing at best.
Calling the property I do not expect the phone to ring numerous times.
I am a travel agent and I was looking to experience the hotel for my clients from Asia.
The first person I spoke to said I had to fax them a request for an industry rate. Finally I had to call back 2 times and was given an industry rate. I arrived at the hotel at 3 pm. I was exhausted with a cold and only wanted to sleep.
The room is beautiful, no free water, no fruit only told the mini bar has a menu.
My room was way down the hall and the hotel was not full.
I called the desk and for sure the person took pity and sent up 2 small bottles of water.
Next about 6 pm I called that I had a problem with the Tv remote.
1 hour or more later someone rings the door. This is not what I would expect of a Four Seasons property. Lastly the parking was about 2 blocks from the entrance to the hotel and they charge for the parking. In Westlake when you self park and walk 2 blocks there should be no fee.
Having stayed at numerous Four Season hotels and hotels throughout the world this was not the hospitality I expected. NO need to pay this rate when you can stay across the way at the Marriott Residence and save your money. The only plus was the room decor and internet was free. The staff needs training such as Welcome to the Four Seasons. How can we make your stay pleasant????

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I would like to begin my reply by thanking you for sharing your feedback about your experience. Our Hotel strives to deliver the highest level of service to each of our guests, however, it is clear that we dropped the ball and failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to help us improve in some of these areas where we fell short. If convenient, please contact our rooms director at (818) 575-3031 or via email at Billy.Cueto@fourseasons.com. Again, I want to thank you for allowing us the opportunity for improvement in the service we provide.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!