So over President's weekend we decided to have a 2 day one night "Staycation" at the Four Seasons. We are local and visit the hotel frequently for dinner, cooking lessons, spa, and facilities. My husband knows how much I love it there so thought as a family it would be nice to get a suite, bring the kids and frolic at their pool for 2 days. The room was gorgeous but it was not available till the 3pm guaranteed time. They gave us a holding room which honestly was a beautiful hotel room and perfect for our needs, We took our kids to the indoor pool first stop. The pool is big with huge skylights that really do not make you feel like you are indoors. There is also an outdoor patio with lounges if you want to lay out and get some sun-just know limited space and seating-however in early Feb-no big deal.
There is a beautiful gym with the latest state of the art equipment and a teen room for the kids to play in. I do think as a suggestion there should be more things in the game rooms for the kids to do. It was limited to a fuz ball, pool and a media room which was locked the whole time we were there. Maybe an activity coordinator would be fun or something they could look into adding for a great kid experience.
We ordered lunch at the pool which took over almost an hour to get. The food was great but the pina coladas were melted by the time we received them- which leads me to my definition of customer service. Great customer service can only be measured when you have a problem otherwise how do you really know you received excellent service? In this case, we received a full credit on the drinks and they sent down to the pool ice cream and dessert for us and the kids to apologize. This was the right thing to do and literally took the bad taste out of our mouths.
We ate dinner at the hotel which was good-I would not say great just good, I had the salmon and my kids had the kids meals which were okay and very expected. Nothing like a wow moment-just okay. The hostess at the restaurant was wonderful and kept bringing my kids these wax bendy things to play with which kept the meal wonderfully peaceful with happy kids. Our waitress...not as attentive but nevertheless...it was fine.
So now to our stay and the comedy of events. My husband had an issue in the middle of the night with the goose pillows and comforter. He has an allergy to goose and had a terrible reaction at 3 am. This proceeded to housekeeping calls, language barrier issues and a charade of events too long to mention. Did I mention they rang the bell at 4:15 in the morning 3x and woke my kids up...? not fun..
By 7 am i can tell you I didn't want to be me..nightmare.
So customer service: Edgar the manager of rooms and service was the pure definition of the customer comes first. He went out of his way to apologize and make amends for our terrible experience. Clearly no one wants to go through what we did-however customer service was tested at this hotel and I will say-they rose to the occasion with flying colors. I am still waiting on a letter from the hotel but confident that I will receive it as Edgar was on the case.
We have stayed at many four season properties and although this one might not be top of our list if we didn't have the problem with the blankets and pillows..it was the perfect stay for our mini staycation. As any hotel there is always growing pains and you can only improve as you learn from your mistakes. I hope the next time we return -I can report they have learned and improved in true Four Season Fashion. I hope this helps you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to both Los Angeles and Malibu, Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village offers a convenient destination for both business and leisure with extensive meeting space, diverse dining options, acres of gardens, an award-winning spa, state-of-the-art fitness facilities and a variety of unique health and wellness programs at California Health & Longevity Institute. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
- Four Seasons Westlake Village
- Westlake Village Four Seasons