“Wonderful staff, beautiful grounds”

Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Smithtown, New York
“Wonderful staff, beautiful grounds”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip and an extra night for pleasure and it was wonderful. The staff and service at this property are amazing. Everyone was very helpful and very nice! The property was impeccable and the rooms were spotless. I am picky about hotels so I appreciated the cleanliness and quiet. Was never distrurbed by loud noises and got plenty of restful sleep in the comfy room.

If you're looking at this property as a meeting planner, I highly recommend it. It is by far the best experience I have had as a planner. Staff was on top of everything and made my job so much easier. No matter who I stopped and asked for help, each and every person was extremely helpful! The meeting rooms were beautiful and well-equipped. Everything was top notch!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the waterfall.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank memi29
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughtful feedback and compliments to our staff and service. We are delighted that you enjoyed a pleasant business trip and look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
sylmar
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My friend had her wedding and reception here....i was one of the vendors...i stored a special box of desserts in the kitchen for the groom and bride....well at the end of the night someone had taken it!!! The box even had thier names on it!! Very upset that someone from this hotel did this :(

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience during your recent event here with us and we would welcome the opportunity to look into the matter further. At your convenience, please call Mr. Dan Myers at 818-575-3013 or email dan.myers@fourseasons.com.
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Service and weekend package were outstanding - there were multiple weddings going on and we were never disturbed or left wanting

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We decided to go to Indian Wells for Memorial day and stay at the Hyatt, since there was no five star hotels in Palm Springs. We quickly changed our minds. It was so crazy and horrible service, that after 4 hours we could not take it anymore and left. As we were driving we decided we would drive to the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire and then we thought we would like to try someplace we have never been. We chose Westlake Village. I called Platinum Amex and they booked it for us. As soon as we arrived it all went down hill. After driving 3 hours and dealing with Palm Springs all day with a 5 and a 2 yr old, we just wanted to go to bed. This would not happen. We were informed they did not have any cribs. WHAT ? no cribs ? No pack in Plays, This is so unacceptable at a five star hotel. They said they could bring an extra roll away for our 2yr old....We did not get any sleep at all. Then we were informed there were no microwaves we could use ? What, at a Four Seasons ? Then No Slippers in the room, nothing for the children in the room. No complementary water left at turn down. There was no place to buy a water other than the $5.00 mini bar water. The bed was lopsided. It was like a 500 lb man was sleeping on one side for a couple of years. I felt as though I was going to roll off the bed all night. I also went to the lobby lounge restaurant to order a mac & cheese for my kid at 12:00 for lunch, There were a total of 4 tables being served, so it was not crowded. It took me 45 minutes and 3 complaints to get my mac n cheese. On the plus side, the staff seemed very nice and apologetic, but yet as we were leaving we saw a hotel on the other side of the street, I think it was a Marriott, we said to ourselves, I bet they have cribs there. I also took a couple pictures of 2, 75 to 100 pound dogs walking the hallways of the rooms. I know that the FS is dog friendly, but I thought it was only for dogs that were 15lbs or less ??

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Epic3333
Asrhodes, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us over Memorial Day weekend. We apologize for any shortcomings and welcome the opportunity to connect with you personally about your experience. At your convenience, please call Mr. Billy Cueto at 818-575-3031, or email at billy.cueto@fourseasons.com.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. When we checked in we were offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite for an extra $25 per night. We said yes. The suite was fantastic - - large, beautiful, and very comfortable. The staff is a truly well trained Four Seasons staff. Valet parking worked very well. Only complaint was the breakfast. We had breakfast twice at the hotel. The servoice was inattentive, at best, and the breakfast was not well prepared. In addition, the music that was piped into the breakfast dining area was much too loud. The hotel should work on the breakfast service because everything else about the hotel is great. If you are going to the Reagan Library, do not consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
KC
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I throughougly enjoyed my early morning workouts and walking around the grounds afterwards. Bar staff was very attentive. I would have preferred a firmer bed, but didn't ask for one.

Room Tip: My bed was too soft for me. I don't know if I could have requested a firmer one on check in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Winnetka, Ca
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I want to first say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous bathrooms/tub and L'Occitane products! The decor was lovely although a tad outdated but felt luxurious. My son loved the pool and could have lived there the whole weekend. He also was a fan of the air hockey table in the kids activity room. He was sad to leave and wished he could have stayed another year! =0)

On the down side, every time I turned around I was paying for something extra. Wifi was 30$ for the weekend (most hotels provide this as a courtesy), We had to eat in the restaurant a few times and it was extremely pricey and I wasn't able to make any substitutions on my breakfast order. (Not very service oriented) both mornings that I had breakfast I chose the BCT sandwich with a small side of eggs for 19$. I couldn't bring myself to order a 4$ coffee when there was free coffee a few hundred feet a way at the reception desk. I joked about this with the waitress and she said she would get me a cup of coffee on the house. Then she never did... I didn't expect anything free but thought it was odd.

My Mother-in-law and hubby treated us to the lovely Mothers day champagne brunch and I found out later that it was 95$ per person PLUS 17$ per glass of champagne and frankly the champagne tasted like grape fruit juice.... Ouch.

The girl at the front desk was a little cold and suggested that we upgrade our room because we had two children with us. We had already reserved a large corner King room with a pull out couch and a crib. So, no I did not take her up on the 100$ a night upgrade suggestion.

I called down to the front desk on the first day for a razor (forgot mine at home) and later for a vase. They never showed up with the razor and when I asked for a vase there was none to be found and my request was treated as an odd one. I didn't ask for much but when I did I was disappointed.

Amid all the loveliness I was actually a tad relieved to be leaving after a three night stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gretchen J
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us regarding your stay over Mother's Day weekend. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our amenities. However, we are very sorry your experiences were less than expected in other areas. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you personally about your experience. Unfortunately, we are unable to send a direct message to you in this forum. However, Mr. Billy Cueto is available to assist you at 818-575-3031 or email at billy.cueto@fourseasons.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake Village
Westlake Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village? Share your experiences!