“Great Pizza in a fun atmosphere.”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been to BJ's many times on family occasions and with friends. We have always enjoyed the experience. They offer thin and thick crust pizza, with ingredients as you like. They also offer a nice variety of local draft beers that are excellent. The service is friendly. There are many large screen TVs and it is fun viewing when major sports events are running. The place is very popular and it is good to get there early to avoid a line for seating.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

It seems not to matter how long I go between visits to this popular eating establishment. My experience is always the same, the food is adequate at best, but the service is consistently poor. It's not that the servers are rude or nasty, it just seems like they have not been trained to care for the customer properly. I have awarded 3 stars because certainly there are many restaurants much worse, but a little more customer care would go a long way.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This BJs offers some lunch specials, mostly chicken and pasta. The full menu is available at lunch, if you want some more choices. We arrived a bit after 11, and the dining room was quite empty. Our food took over 20 minutes to arrive (we ordered lunch specials, no special requests) which seemed a bit long considering the level of occupancy. Our food was served lukewarm, which was disappointing. Overall, the food was OK, but I would not order the same items (fried chicken, BBQ pork and chicken sampler) again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've taken a liking to the BJs chain. I've got my usual items that I order and it rarely disappoints. I visited this location while in town for a wedding. I arrive to the area late at night so it was great to find BJs still open around 10:30PM. I plopped in to get some food to go. I waited at the bar for my food and had a beer. I was really tired and anxious to get my food to go. The lady who took my order said it would take 15 minutes (all I ordered was a salad) and I informed her that I would wait at the bar. 30 minutes later, I walked back up to her to get a status on my order. My food had been done obviously a long time ago and was sitting in a corner. The lady acted like she didn't know I had told her that I would be at the bar (lie) and carelessly packed my food up and I left. That was quite annoying. She didn't care.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

There were 4 of us in our party. We went on a Sat. night. We got there about 7:00. We were seated in a timely manner. The server was awesome. He had a great personality! The beer was cold and refreshing. It just so happened one of their chefs quit that night right before his shift. So the restaurant was scrambling to make everything come together. Which did not affect us in a negative way. Everything went smoothly as far as we could tell. The best part of the night was the manager, Matthew. Not only was he helping in the kitchen, managing the guests and employees but he stopped by our table to acknowledge that he remembered our friends from a previous night. He chatted with all of us about the UCLA game, other sports etc. He came back a few other times to check on us. Matthew was very nice and a great host! The chef quitting did not throw off his night like it would many people. Mathew is a true pro. I sure hope he remembers me when we go back next time!!