“The points are more for the location than the food or service”

Boccaccio's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“The points are more for the location than the food or service”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great location!
There is not a good location for the receiving hosting entrance.
Hostess was busy talking while I waited and then took a bite of food before acknowledging me.
Waiter was good.
The food was Ok but not spectacular. Do not order the Choipino or the frittata. The escargot had a tad too much garlic. None of he dishes were very good. But the location is great and I would go again and check TA before to see what is good. Sorry didn't do it this time

Calabasas, California
“Very good food, horrible service and management has an attitude”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The food, when it finally, arrived was very good. We had one server for a party of 16 and he was overwhealmed especially when he had a 6 top and a 2 top in addition to our 16. Service was very slow since appetizers took over 45 minutes to arrive. Some complained the caesar salad had no flavor. My wife and I had the baked clams which were almost inedible due to the over use of pepper and/or hot sauce. 13 entrees arrived 20-30 minutes after we were told they were supposedly being plated. An obvious lie since the food arrived warm when it was eventually served. The "Manager" was rude, made promises he didn't make good on and treated me as though I was a nuisance rather than a guest to be accomodated.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Larry M
Burbank, California
“Beautiful scenery, bad service”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I love going to Boccacios and taking out of towners here because of the beautiful scenery and setting. I drive 40 miles just to get there. These past 5 times however I was very disappointed with the service. The waiters all seem to have attitude issues. They bring the wrong food or forget to bring a part of your order and don't even apologize for the bad service. You have to say everything a few times. They look at your face but don't even make a comment. I mean for a restaurant like this and with the location it has you would expect a better service.

A few months back also I went with my husband and my 3 year old for brunch on a weekend and the owner was extremely rude. He told us since we didn't make a reservation we had to eat fast and finish in 45 minutes. I told him we can eat in 15 if you make sure we get our order in 30 minutes. He didn't make a comment and left.

I hate that this is happening to one of my favorite restaurants. I enjoy the location and would also love to enjoy the service.

3 Thank Lusniak
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing food with Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere than Boccaccio's. My wife and I sat outside right by the lake right before sunset. Absolutely amazing. We started with the Caesar salad and the blue cheese wedge salad. The Caesar wasn't the most flavorful, but the wedge was pretty good. We ordered the crab cake which was heavenly. A MUST order if you like crab cakes. Incredible. I ordered the homemade Tagliatelle Bolognese, and my wife got the Ziti Pesto Chicken. Again... AMAZING homemade pasta with a great veal and beef bolognese. The Ziti Pesto Chicken was pretty good, but I would say the bolognese and the crab cake stole the night (aside from the views of course).

Can't recommend enough. Give this place a shot if you want a relaxing and great evening.

Los Angeles
“Lovely dinner by the lake.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had dinner on the patio outside. Our guests were impressed with the beautiful setting right next to the lake. Since it was early evening on a hot day, the patio was covered with umbrellas. It was very festive and with all the white table cloths, and a full house, it felt like a wedding. Our server was friendly and helpful with suggestions. She had quite a few tables, but still managed to be attentive. Our arugula salads were all lettuce and only a few pecans, but the dressing was light and delicious. The warm rolls were excellent. We shared tastes of our food, so I was able to try everything. The sea bass, the mediterranean chicken and the chicken with pasta were all very good. My pork chop had a rather gummy, sweet, cherry apple reduction that sounded good, but did not complement the pork. However, once I removed the sauce, the pork was excellent. The creme brûlée was devoured in a few minutes and the fresh berry sundae also disappeared quickly. We all had a lovely evening in a lovely setting with very good food.