“Sat at the bar”

Public School 805
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We walked in and there was no host/hostess for the duration that we stood awkwardly (about 15mins), so we decided to walk in and just sit at the bar. At the bar we waited another 10min or so until we were greated. Having never been here before this put us off but we decided to wait it out and hope the food was worth it. The selection is minimal but unique and delicious. Once the bartender finally greated us he was veru friendly and helpful. I only gave 3 because of the delayed service, I really wish they hadn't taken so long. It was a Sunday night and they were not busy.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

When I first saw public school 805, I thought it was a tutoring center for kids, but that is not the case. It is a restaurant with takes on school classics like the pizzas and the burgers and making them gourmet. It really gives you the vibe of being back in school and to your childhood (minus the bad cafeteria food). I had one of their oven baked pizzas. It was probably one of the best pizza I've ever had. I also had the ahi tuna tacos fors an appitizer. They were little bland in my opinion, but my son loved them. For dessert we both shared the lemon meringue. It was way to sweet and tart and pretty much couldn't eat it. Overall, this place is a fine establishment and is a must go. I would just stay away from there deserts and stick with their burgers and entrées.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband is a real fan of beer, so when we saw that Public School 805 was coming to Westlake, we were excited. We have been there 3 times, once with family visiting from England, and twice for dinner before the movie. We enjoyed all three visits. The beer menu is extensive and changes; our English guests enjoyed it. The menu is limited, but we have enjoyed everything we have ordered. The service isn't quite up to standards yet, so hopefully it will improve over time. On our last visit the service was a bit uneven...lots of folks there, but they didn't seem interested in waiting on us. I am hopeful that as they get more experience, the service will improve and the menu expand.

1  Thank caukwiphyllis
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Westlake Village just keeps getting betterI Public school is a nice addition. We went for lunch and the service was very good. The waitress was attentive enough to come back after my 10 year old ordered the fish and chips and ask if we would like to order her the child's portion. Very impressive. The food was delicious. Can't wait to come back for fried chicken Monday's where the chef promises to rival Roscos.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Unfortunately no matter how great the food is, the service and atmosphere will ruin this place. Currently it is brand new and packed but in 6 months when people have had their fill and are looking for a great place to relax and have a great meal, they will not stop here. It is so loud and the people at the bar are completely annoying!! The food is so good and if you don't care....go for it!! Our issues were that we had a 6 pm reservation, waiting 15 minutes to be acknowledged, then finally ordered drinks and were given the low down of the menu....at that time we explained that our son has a nut allergy, the waitress was very attentive to that and said she would make sure that everything we ordered would be discussed with the chef...at 7 pm our waitress "took a break" and introduced us to a new waitress. By this time we were half done with our entrees and just needed another beer and glass of wine......30 minutes later those arrived and we ordered dessert.....we went into complete breakdown of the desserts (there are only 3) in order for our son to order one...he wanted the ice cream sandwich...we were told that it would be JUST vanilla ice cream between 2 cookies (repeated several times). When the dessert finally arrived, our original waitress arrived and when we asked again to verify that there were no nuts, she removed the dessert because they didn't make the changes discussed. So my husband and I held off on eating the dessert we wanted to share (Lemon Pie) until our sons was resolved and we spoke to a manager. When the manager finally came (after ignoring my husbands arms in the air many times) he took our dessert (which we never got to try) and brought our sons with many apologies...too late!!! Unfortunately this place has great potential without the staff to support it...BJ's in the shopping center is much the same with out the wait and all the sports you could ask for =)