“Happy Hour - forget it”

Paul Martin's American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Paul Martin's American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Paul Martin’s American Grill in Westlake Village, you’ll love every delicious bite of our hand-cut blackened ribeye mesquite grilled over live fire, our fresh salads topped with house-made dressings, or any of the other thoughtfully prepared dishes on our menu. Located in the Promenade of Westlake, Paul Martin’s serves classic American fare elevated to a higher standard. Our restaurant’s refined yet relaxed dining room and lively communal bar create the perfect place for date night or to gather with good friends.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We've been going to Paul Martins Happy Hour since they opened. The food selection is ok for a Happy Hour and the drinks are great but to walk in 15 to 30 minutes after 3:00 and not be able to find a seat for 2 people is ridiculous, since most of the seats are empty and are being saved for people who come after 5:00. They say no seats are to be saved during HH but the management does nothing to alleviate it and each week it gets worse. With all the wonderful restaurants in our area doing HH we will go back to the places who appreciate the customers who want to actually sit in a seat and order food and drinks, not just take up empty space. We guess they are SO successful they can afford to have half their seats empty for 2 hours.

1  Thank CeceD

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was really excited for someplace new to open so we decided to check it out before we saw a movie at CIneoplis. Fortunately one of my friends told me it was really crowded so we should make a reservation. When we got there we were glad we did! Even though we had a 6:00 reservation (pretty early) they were telling people without a reservation that it was a 1.5 hour wait!

We ordered the cheese plate, butternut squash soup and the salmon. Everything did taste really fresh, which is their "thing" (farm to table), but nothing was extraordinary. It was all good but I wanted it to be better. The lemondrop was great and there was a really good and extensive wine list of glasses and bottles of wine.

I will say that the happy hour had some great deals. We tried to check it out but there were 3 people deep at the ball and all the table spots were taken. It was 5:00 on Friday so maybe you need to get there at 4 when it starts? Happy hour is every day which is nice so we'll try again some other time and hope to get a place to sit.

The interior design is really cool and it looks like they have a great patio that will be nice when it gets warmer. It was really loud so nice for a fun night out but maybe not so good for a romantic dinner or a business meal.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to Paul Martins for an early lunch on a Saturday. We apparently beat the crowds that we've heard about and were immediately seated and served. Although a little pricey, the food was excellent and the service matched it. We had the steak and bacon tacos and mushroom burger from the $11 menu. The sweet potato fries that I substituted for the regular fries for $1.50 were outstanding. We look forward to going for their happy hour which is seven days a week from 3:00 to 7:00 and features $4 wine, beer and cocktails.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have gone here two times, once two of us ate at the bar and once with a large group. Both times the service was extremly professional, knowledgeable and friendly. The servers knew details of the menu (preparation, ingredients...) and were able to make knowledgable recommendations that were spot on! Food was excellent and service was attentive but not rushed. My only criticism is that restaurant is loud and chairs are too low (I felt like I needed a booster seat).

1  Thank BethTO
Reviewed January 21, 2013

New restaurant in the area, thought I would try it out. First, had to wait 15 minutes after the reservation while most of the seats where empty. Not a big deal. Once seated another 15 minutes before anyone came by, ordered the food 20 minutes for a salad, then another 20 minutes for the food. All during this time two families with kids decided that they wanted to sit at the bar. Since the kids could not they put them in a booth next to us. Thanks! Now I have four boys alone, unsupervised in a booth next to me at a $100 plus restaurant after 8 pm. You can imagine the noise the yelling the smashes we experienced. And of course the once every 10 minute yell from the parents for them to behave. Cmon, if I know your kids name and we never met there is a problem. I paid for a baby sitter so I could have a nice night out and now I am your free baby sitter? All the while the parents would give us a glare since we asked the boys to be quiet a few times. Great parenting- Your angels and you yelling at them ruined my evening.

Well once the food arrived it was ice cold. We sent it back only to only wait another half hour for the food to arrive again Cmon, really.

The manager did come over and apologize and they did take care of us because of the long wait so management did fix it somewhat, but I dont think the restaurant is going to get any better. You gotta know its run by the PF changs guys so its the same type of get in, eat and get out management. I was not impressed for the cost.

1  Thank PacificAndyLa