“Enticing concept but doesn't work for me”

Cinepolis Movie Theater
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Although I was astonished at the price of the tickets when I walk into what I thought was a regular movie theater, I was quite pleased with the reclining seats. The sound and pictures are excellent. For me, the problem was trying to focus on the movie because I was constantly distracted by waiters walking around and people ordering food. I only pay for expensive movies if I am truly interested in seeing them. Accordingly, I don't like to be distracted by waiters and people eating loudly in the theater.

There are newer reviews for Cinepolis Movie Theater

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Yes, they have wonderful, comfortable seat, but the customer service and food are horrible. The manager was selling tickets and he was unfriendly and rude. (He should try smiling and saying thank you.) Our sliders were like cold hockey pucks. Service in the theater is awful. Asked for napkins - never received them. Our sodas were delivered 10 minutes after our food and barely had any ice.

This theater is expensive because it's Westlake. Great seats, but that's about it. The sound is much better at Muvico, too - along with their customer service and popcorn! I'd go back to Cineopolis only to see a movie that's 3 hours or longer.

1  Thank KonaMom2
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had not been to this theater and it was the perfect venue for 3D. You feel like you are in your living room with comfortable adjustable leather seats. There is food and drink you can order to enjoy during the movie. It is not inexpensive, but great for a special evening.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family loves Cinepolis, 2 adults and 2 teens. In comparison to other theaters where I do not get to reserve a specific set of seats, I consider Cinepolis correctly priced for what they offer and I am happy to pay the rate. Super sound, great screens!

We love and appreciate the big reclining chairs -- but we are taller people ranging from 5'8' to 6'4" and strufggle to be confortable in standard cinema chairs. We like that food service is available at our seat. Our servers have always been excellent and attentive. The food quality is far superior to the regualr snack-shack type food that you expect at a movie. The menu has "real" food; burgers, pastas, salads, etc. And, alcohol -- and the drinks are GOOD. Martinis are well done, wines are excellent. Drinks are priced close as a neighborhood bistro.

The movie schedule has shows that are for all ages, and many that are for 21 and over (so that alcohol may be served.) If you want to attend a movie and have no kids, no teens, no rowdy youngesters in the crowd, these shows are the ones to go to!

My gripe with Cinepolis is with their scheduling. We often like to take groups of kids/teens to movies. The schedule of movies does not come out very far in advance. There was one time we were "anticipating" a movie to be shown at 2pm on a Friday afternoon, and we were going to take 10 kids. The movie was shown, and int he slot we anticipated, but it was changed to be a 21 and over slot. Thus, we had to take our group to another theater. I had called customer service in advance to try to plan this movie; they were helpful but did not have a locked-in schedule so their advice was to keep checking back.

Publishing a longer schedule of movies/times for patrons is my only recommendation.

Try a movie at Cinepolis, it is an excellent experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I want to the Cineopolis with my family and it is certainly a step beyond similar theaters. The seats are high end, the offerings on the personally lite menus are good, the lobby is very nice and so are the prices. Seats are $17.50 - even for kids and the food and beverages are equally as expensive.

I would say this is a great place for a date if you want to impress the person you are with that you like the finer things in life and don't mind paying for them.

On the other hand if you want to see a movie with your wife and two kids I would not recommend this theater of any of their sister sites.

I won't say it was not fun or that I did not have a good time. I'm just saying $52 for 3 tickets and $24.50 for a popcorn, 2 sodas and a small milkshake is not this family's budget for a night out to see a show.