“Great service. almost”

Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Brent's Deli features more than 650 items on its menu, as well as take-out, delivery anywhere in Southern California and catering for 20 or 2,000.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Service was top notch in the restaurant. We made reservations for 6:30 for a Friday night and were in and out in an hour, with out feeling rushed. Tried to get some deli cuts to go and nobody wanted to acknowledge or help, took over a half hour.

jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for submitting a review! I'm glad to hear your reservation was taken care of in a satisfactory manner. Regarding the deli cuts, that's simply unacceptable on our behalf.

Please contact us via our website and we'll do our best to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

It really just doesn't get any better than Brent's. Its the best Deli anywhere in the Los Angeles basin! I am craving it as I write this review. Brent's has been around for many many years (and generations!) and its family owned and operated. The Westlake location is great. We love the Matzoh ball soup, sandwiches, open faced turkey sandwich. Its always spot on and excellent food and service. Its even better than many of the delis' down in the city (Los Angeles).

jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your patronage :)

Take care,

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Brent's is unquestionably the best deli in the area, possibly in all of Los Angeles. However, its growing popularity has negatively affected service (and, sometimes, the food, too). Last night, I phoned in a pickup order and was told it would be ready in 30 minutes. I arrived at Brent's exactly 30 minutes later only to learn that my order was. "lost". So, I stood at the counter and placed my order again (an embarrassed counter-girl said she would put a. "rush" on it. I waited another 20 minutes, and went to the counter to inquire what was taking so long for two sandwiches. I was told they're "busy" (I could see that for myself) and they were "working on it". Ten minutes later a Brent's employee handed me a bag with my incomplete order. I went to the cashier to complain and a manager offered to give me the incomplete order for free. I told him I wanted what I ordered -- not free food. I handed him the bag of food and walked out. It'll be a while before I return.

1  Thank Gary G
jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hi Gary, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

I'm very sorry to hear about your most recent experience with us -- that's simply unacceptable on our behalf! I'd appreciate if you contacted us via our website so we can follow up with you about this incident and do our best to correct it moving forward.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Who knew that in Westlake Village, Ventura County, California there would be a superb non-kosher Jewish Deli. Not me. I found this place by happy accident. Lots of other people know about it and it is often crowded. It is wonderful!

I had a three egg omelette for breakfast one day, a hot pastrami sandwich another day, a hot corned beef sandwich another day, a cup of split pea soup another day and the assorted deli plate another day. Everything was excellent. I kept going back day after day because the food was so good.

Even though it is crowded and sometimes has a line to get in, the waiters hustle like crazy so the waits are fairly short.

Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for writing this great review! I'm glad to hear you finally discovered us. We also have a location in Northridge, if you're ever in the Valley.

Take care,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I love Brent's chicken soup with deli rye bread on the side. Their menu is huge and so are their portions, so be sure you are hungry when you go there. The service is fast and efficient. They also have good breakfasts, so it gets very crowded on weekends.

jhoff89, Public Relations Manager at Brent's Delicatessen & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hi, it's Josh from Brent's Deli -- I'm the Marketing & Social Media Manager.

Thanks for the great review! I'm happy to hear you enjoy our chicken soup -- it's certainly a customer favorite :)

Take care, and we hope to see you again soon!