“Very misleading.”
Review of The Napa Tavern - CLOSED

The Napa Tavern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Transit: There is a bus stop right on the corner of Thousand Oaks and Westlake Blvd.
Oak Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very misleading.”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

They sat us at a table on the patio and outside or table through the plastic tarp was a large pile of trash. Old broken chairs, wood. They didn't even try and hide it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Susan1a

Westlake Village, California
“best white fish ever!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

the chef is amazing!! his white fish is to die for….I've had it the last three times I was there and keep coming back and bringing my friends!

Visited October 2013
Westlake Village, California
“A Most Enjoyable Lunch”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Some time ago we decided to try the new Napa Tavern for lunch. We found it to be a most tasteful and comfortable experience. The service is very good and the menu selections we chose were delicious. The chicken salad and the sandwich with the same ingredients are a real treat. The cognac pulled pork is another excellent selection. We have since returned many times.

• Visited March 2013
So Cal
“Swing and a miss”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch and while no real complaints about the food, the service was not up to par. My wife and I ordered diet coke with lemon. The drink came, no lemon so the bus boy asked about water and I asked of he could please bring lemon, as the waitress forgot. He said no problem and never returned, so finally I got up and served myself from the unmanned bar. That alone was enough for me to never return.

I ordered a chicken club and it was good, despite it being awkwardly put together with one side hosting 80% of the chicken. The fries were barely done. My wife and father-in laws meals were fine, but not good enough for this spot to be a regular stop.

• Visited September 2013
Chula Vista, California
“A taste of Napa in Ventura County!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant has been on my radar for awhile, and just recently visited for a birthday dinner. The appetizer, meal, menu selections are very Napa "inspired" and I wanted to try every one of them! We did try the shrimp wrapped in pancetta served on some risotto for an appetizer. While the risotta was wonderful, the pancetta was not crispy all around, thus a little chewy in parts. The fig and thyme martini was to die for, though, and they do have wine flights available, for a good sampling of what the Napa Valley has to offer. My husband had the double pork chop, which was cooked to perfection (usually a rare find for pork) and I had the Ahi tuna, which the server described as being served seared with a rare middle, but was cooked more than that. Overall, I was pleased, service was good. It is a lovely restaurant, rustic, and the patio makes al fresco dining a great possibility!

• Visited July 2013