“Nice location, good food, average service”

The Landing Grill & Sushi Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Cyn Rd.
Description: The Landing Grill AND Sushi Bar is located on the beautiful West Lake in Westlake Village. We offer serene waterfront views, an extensive menu selection , and professional , friendly service. Join us on our patio during dinner and enjoy a beautiful sunset while you dine amongst friends and family.Or, visit our wonderful sushi bar were u can catch game highlights and enjoy some of the areas best sushi.Come and join us ! We are open 7 days a week.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice location by the lake. It filled up fast after we arrived. Waitress was a little unaware of the food she was serving. Food was quite interesting and it looked like the chef really enjoyed what s/he was doing. The hamburger from the kid's menu came without any bread with a fruit salad. I'd call it a Steak salad, not a Hamburger, but it was an unexpected combination of flavors. I think they could do a little better with service. Other than that, it's worth a visit.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is a gem amongst Westlake Village and the experience I had there was absolutely wonderful. The weather was nice and sunny and we proceeded to go there for a lunch by the lake, outside on their gorgeous terrace. Ducks and geese were walking around, just inches away from our table, on the beautifully maintained lawn as we glanced at the lake which was less than a hundred yards away. The lake was glistening in the sun and it made for a very neat, relaxing lunch atmosphere.

A quick glance at the menu will reveal a strong Asian accent on most of the dishes and after much hesitation, I decided to get a bento box: the teriyaki beef one, which comes with miso soup, California rolls, an oriental salad and some rice. At $15.50 it's not a bad value at all and they even allowed me to tweak it ever so slightly due to my allergies; I had to downgrade to a vegetarian roll instead of the Californian one because I can't ingest any fish or seafood. And when I say downgrade, in no means do I mean it: the veggie roll was delicious.

The service there was very friendly and not obtrusive; it was efficient and spot-on, always there when needed and not making us wait. And that's despite me overhearing that they were understaffed and very busy while we were there.

I had already been to the restaurant next door, Boccaccio's, in the past and had a wonderful experience on their patio and this was just as great. The food was solid and the overall experience affordable and great. The inside of the restaurant seemed very nice as well but why bother going there if not to sit at their wonderful terrace?

Another great thing about these two restaurants is that parking is plentiful, even if you're coming in a few cars with friends. There's a TON of parking there.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food and service are exquisite. The new outdoor seating area only adds and makes this restaurant on the lake a place to remember. I don't know if they take reservations and this place does not seem to be a secret so it fills up fast.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

my wife and i went for lunch and the seating next to the lake is wonderful.

great to see vegan on the menu.

food was good however way, way too much salt.

we will go back again for the ambiance, but will add the request to go sodium light.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Perfect location, good service and food. This restaurant is a great place to have a relaxing lunch along the lakefront. The menu was extensive with sushi and main stream selections.