“Beautiful Ambiance but Getting Pricey”

The Landing Grill & Sushi Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lakeview Cyn Rd.
Description: The Landing Grill AND Sushi Bar is located on the beautiful West Lake in Westlake Village. We offer serene waterfront views, an extensive menu selection , and professional , friendly service. Join us on our patio during dinner and enjoy a beautiful sunset while you dine amongst friends and family.Or, visit our wonderful sushi bar were u can catch game highlights and enjoy some of the areas best sushi.Come and join us ! We are open 7 days a week.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Situated on the peaceful and beautiful Westlake Lake makes The Landing the most perfect lunch/ early dinner spot. I always love watching the ducks and random geese that waddle on the lawn next to the tables.

I've never had a bad experience at The Landing; however, it's recently lost some "brownie points" in the food department. For one, they just raised prices by $2-5 per item. That may not seem like a lot, but this price increase was accompanied by a serving-size decrease so you now pay more for less food. And to be honest, their portions were never incredibly large to begin with.

During my last visit - dinner with my parents and hubby - my mom and I each ordered the tofu and quinoa stir-fry (under their new Gluten-Free section). I know proper servings and nutrition incredibly well so was shocked when my plate arrived:
- a measly 1/2 cup of quinoa (typically, you eat 1 cup if it's the only grain/starch at your meal)
- maybe a 1/3 cup (3 oz) of chopped, fried tofu... less than a fourth of a typical tofu container from the market (which is less than half the amount of protein you should eat at a meal)
- soy sauce-drenched veggies - mainly bok choy with a few scattered mushrooms and bell peppers

The presentation was not "pretty" or colorful or even very appealing, as the quinoa was in a sloppy mound on the side of the plate and most of the veggies were limp and tinted beige from so much soy sauce.

I do enjoy this restaurant and have to say that the meal was still tasty. Was I satisfied? Not really - could have gone for double the amount (and I'm a 5'1" petite-framed woman). Was it worth $16? Definitely not - especially since the entire dish could have been made for $2 max and doesn't require any cooking or seasoning skills whatsoever. Would I go back? Yes. I'll probably stick to lunch since prices are a few dollars less and also keep an eye out for the Groupon deals that are offered every few months.

In case you're curious, my husband ordered the Teryaki Chicken Bento Box and my dad ordered some sort of pasta with salmon and a garlic marinara sauce. Each were $18 and both men were somewhat hungry after. The Bento Box was particularly disappointing with a dinky 1/4 cup of rice, 1/2 cup salad, 3 oz chicken breast and 6 TINY slices of California roll (easily half the size of normal roll slices).

I don't want to deter anyone from going to The Landing - it is beautiful and offers incredible views, atmosphere and tranquility. Just be aware that the food is nothing special, so you're really only paying for the location.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Atmosphere of a restaurant is very important to me, and I had good vibe, great view and good selection of dishes to everyone's taste. It was for my mom's Birthday, we all enjoyed some good italian dishes, fishes and stir fry dishes all very tasty. The server was very attentive to our some special requests. Overall we were very happy and we will go there again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The view is definitely the reason to come. Overlooking the lake is so nice and peaceful - you feel like you're on vacation! The menu is pretty extensive so everyone can find something they like. It's a little expensive but sometimes there are 50% off deals on Bogopod, so keep an eye out for that.
Nice that it's kid friendly and can accomodate big groups.
Definitely like to come here on a nice day.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Made a reservation for Father's Day evening at 8:30. We arrived a little before 8pm. They found a table close to the water and even moved a heating lamp towards us as others left. The waitress was very accommodating. All meals were great. We enjoyed it all.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had a reservation for dinner on my birthday asking for a water side table, but they gave us a table in the middle. I approached the manager, Pasha, who was very rude and unprofessional, and refused to meet my request for a water side table, even though it was getting cleaned and re-set. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and I will not be eating there again.

3  Thank lolza