“A Gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Normally I will avoid "Bollywood" themed restaurants as I hate noise and tire of watching videos during dinner. Anyway, this is Bollywood in name only and a quiet little spot with good food and service. I walked from a hotel and was easy to find, but I can imagine it may be difficult with GPS or car as it is in a business complex on a basement level. Nice place however and light and airy. Entertained some visiting Indian customers and they all liked the food. Staff are of Bangladeshi origins and the food is more North Indian. Was hoping for some Bangladeshi specialties and am sure they are there. One night I ordered the food a little more than medium and it was good spice. Great butter chicken, and channa. I thought the prices were very reasonable. A tip: On first visit I got a VIP card for $5. It saves 10 % on lunch and 15% on dinner. I hosted a large party and the savings were substantial. Place has kind of an English Indian restaurant feel, with waiters in white shirts and black ties. They bring new plates, clear dishes from table. Prices were very reasonable. No hesitation to recommend this place, and I believe they have two or three branches. I would travel cross town or nearby for this nice little place.

1  Thank tpaynecalifornia

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The customer service was outstanding. The fresh parts of the meal such as the garden salad were slighty wilted and served on a warm plate. However, the Indian cusine dishes themselves were very good. The resturant is downstairs and not in a typical area for a resturaunt which can make it difficult to find.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you go there try the lamb curry. It was great. The lamb was cooked perfectly. The masala was awesome

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I gave a birthday dinner for a friend who likes Indian food. It was suggested that I contact Bollywood in Westlake Village to arrange it. What a good suggestion! They were very helpful and suggested the perfect dinner. It was ready on time to pick up and it was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it and I didn't have to spend hours in the kitchen. I highly recommend Bollywood.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We go here quite often and even belong to their discount membership club. It's my 16 yr. old son's favorite Indian restaurant. We've ordered lots of dishes here and like almost all of them. Coconut curry chicken and lamb are both excellent, Dal tarka is very good. The kormas are also excellent. The chicken tikka masala tends a bit too tomatoe-y for me. The naan is always fresh and they're generous with it. We always have excellent service and it's a pleasant setting. Be aware that if you say medium heat they tend towards a heavy hand with the spice. I'm pretty picky about Indian food but, this one is worth going to.

1  Thank Lisa C